Who cares how it came up the spectator should move. Do not mess with the bull you may get the horns.
Since we are throwing around colloquialisms.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you seems to also apply to Bubba and how treated that patron.

I honestly think it is a joke that people are ranting on Bubba. Pro athletes get paid to preform and he is not paid to be nice guy. Bubba is villain and some athletes embrace that. If you do not like him you do not have to watch him or purchase the products he endorses. If someone engages him from the crowd, not every response is going to be good.

While I appreciate your 'turn the other cheek' mindset, at some point my Son will be watching golf with me, and I want the 'professionals' to act like gentlemen, no differently than when we go to the golf course and interact with other people. It is a big reason why I fell in love with the game, and it is where I hope he learns how to become a gentleman himself.

People like Bubba are not good representatives of the PGA Tour, and deserve every ounce of venom they receive in a thread dedicated to them. Time and time again, he's on the wrong side of the story line, and time and again he claims he's working at it. At 30 million net worth, you'd think he could learn how to carry himself a bit better.

While I appreciate your 'turn the other cheek' mindset, at some point my Son will be watching golf with me, and I want the 'professionals' to act like gentlemen, no differently than when we go to the golf course and interact with other people. It is a big reason why I fell in love with the game, and it is where I hope he learns how to become a gentleman himself.

People like Bubba are not good representatives of the PGA Tour, and deserve every ounce of venom they receive in a thread dedicated to them. Time and time again, he's on the wrong side of the story line, and time and again he claims he's working at it. At 30 million net worth, you'd think he could learn how to carry himself a bit better.

"When you earn more money, it just makes you more of who you are."

I would like to just add one thing: if someone doesn't like a player for whatever reason, that does not make them "hate" that person. At most I see here is disdain. JB, can we eliminate the word "hater" from THP somehow?

I would like to just add one thing: if someone doesn't like a player for whatever reason, that does not make them "hate" that person. At most I see here is disdain. JB, can we eliminate the word "hater" from THP somehow?

I think that one is on the list right after "deserve" hahahaha

I'm sort of afraid to not like Bubba now.

I do think there has been some fantastic convo in here, fact of the matter is just because I have very harsh feelings about him, I am still a-ok with those who really like him. No one is right, no one is wrong.

I'm sort of afraid to not like Bubba now.

I do think there has been some fantastic convo in here, fact of the matter is just because I have very harsh feelings about him, I am still a-ok with those who really like him. No one is right, no one is wrong.

The ability and opportunity to have a conversation like this is a gift. There aren't many places where this conversation could take place without disintegrating after the first page or so.

THP is good stuff.

I think the bigger question do we hold athlete's in too high a regard? they are real people who have super human talent. Some have better personalities then others. Not every athlete has to be the most loved or the best behaved and I would think a large number do not care if they are loved. Once you step on the course, court, ice and field it is all about winning at all costs

Ill go the exact opposite and say that as a society, we set the bar so low nowadays for our athletes because of how many arrests and scum bags are out there right now. Basically the way it goes, don't rape or murder, and you are still a great one as long as geography lines up.

Signed,
Kobe Bryant

Ill go the exact opposite and say that as a society, we set the bar so low nowadays for our athletes because of how many arrests and scum bags are out there right now. Basically the way it goes, don't rape or murder, and you are still a great one as long as geography lines up.

Signed,
Kobe Bryant

Ha! If this wasn't so true, it would be funny. Very late to the party on this conversation, but just because I don't like him doesn't mean i wish I'll on him in any way. I wanted to like him for quite some time, but he just kept stepping in it. After a little while, it just seemed like he didn't really care what people felt......and that's o.k........it really is.

For or a guy who came from such humble beginnings and was raised properly as he has indicated so many times, one would think he would know better. Sometimes things just don't add up.

JM

I heard Bubba's wife sneezed today. Bubba didn't say "God bless you".... total scumbag

Tennis had Jimmy Connors.....

Golf has Bubba Watson.....
different time and different era. We live in a PC world and you get slain if you go against the grain. Bubba would have fit in nicely with the 80s golfer. But today, not so much. As for Connors, that wouldn't even be tolerated on the tour. Hell people can't stand Serena and she is tame by comparison.

Bubba talks about his relationship with God. The man that says to turn the other cheek. He speaks of family but makes an ass of himself in front millions of families. It's time for him to realize it's not 'Bubba's World' that show already happened and was cancelled.

I heard Bubba's wife sneezed today. Bubba didn't say "God bless you".... total scumbag

This doesn't help at all.

different time and different era. We live in a PC world and you get slain if you go against the grain. Bubba would have fit in nicely with the 80s golfer. But today, not so much. As for Connors, that wouldn't even be tolerated on the tour. Hell people can't stand Serena and she is tame by comparison.

Bubba talks about his relationship with God. The man that says to turn the other cheek. He speaks of family but makes an ass of himself in front millions of families. It's time for him to realize it's not 'Bubba's World' that show already happened and was cancelled.

This doesn't help at all.
Haha nice reference to Bubba World, I didn't even know most people knew it existed.

different time and different era. We live in a PC world and you get slain if you go against the grain. Bubba would have fit in nicely with the 80s golfer. But today, not so much.

Not even in the 1980s would Bubba's behavior have been tolerated in golf.

Golf has always held itself to higher standards than most of the sporting world, and you are expected to treat everyone with respect on and off the golf course.

Bubba would have been uninvited from many events in the 1980s where the sponsors had a say in who competed.

I'd say he needs some Oakley joggers ASAP!!!

Cool little short on Bubba during 60 minutes tonight. While I understand and respect others opinions, I can certainly relate to him in terms of the things he struggles with.

Cool little short on Bubba during 60 minutes tonight. While I understand and respect others opinions, I can certainly relate to him in terms of the things he struggles with.
Just watched it myself. While I didn't have any poor perceptions of him myself, that brief look into his story shows some of the reasons behind his quirks.

I'm glad this came out. He's so vilified it's nice for ppl to see the good side and why he is the way he is

Saw the piece. While I understand admitting you have issues is a big step. He's been saying for at least 5 years, that he knows he has behavior and temper issues and that he is trying to work on it. If they keep persisting, it makes you wonder if he really feels the need or cares to change. Just my opinion.

I read a bunch of articles on his 'issues' and relate to them as well.

That said, I do not relate to him being a giant <<<insert him being a jerk word>> every change he gets.

I read a bunch of articles on his 'issues' and relate to them as well.

That said, I do not relate to him being a giant <<<insert him being a jerk word>> every change he gets.
Watched it with Michelle (my fiance) and when he was describing his fears, i turned to her and said you're just like Bubba, and got the evil eye...ha I said well not just like, you still treat people with respect despite being uncomfortable around them.

Watched it with Michelle (my fiance) and when he was describing his fears, i turned to her and said you're just like Bubba, and got the evil eye...ha I said well not just like, you still treat people with respect despite being uncomfortable around them.

Amazing how that works.

I'm actually pretty offended he uses these mental 'issues' as an excuse or crutch for being a jerk. Especially for those who 'suffer' from these situations themselves.

Amazing how that works.

I'm actually pretty offended he uses these mental 'issues' as an excuse or crutch for being a jerk. Especially for those who 'suffer' from these situations themselves.
it really is, and I I don't want to derail this thread or go too much into detail, those close to me know. Whenever we leave a group setting, say a wedding or social function of some sort or even casually running into a small group of people that we end up speaking to for a while, I see her fear and discomfort the entire time, but it's pretty unnoticeable to others. Afterward I generally have to spend 10 minutes assuring her, she did fine and didn't come off as aloof or rude. So to see Bubba kind of make light of it or say oh well...doesn't sit well with me.

Back