Speeder evolution II Ts impressions?

Karl

Reaction score
Handicap
I have tried the stock 665 ts from Callaway. Not sure if it's real deal or not. My impressions were mid flight, easy to control directionally, kept the spin down, and played slightly soft to flex. What was your impression?

It's a real shaft. I mean, it isn't a figment of my imagination. I think it is a good shaft. I would characterize it as a mid flight, mid/low spin. Exactly what I assume a stock shaft offering to be.

The one in my xr16 pro 3w works great for me. Mid launch and not overly spinny.

I liked it with the handful or,so swings I took with it. I'm a fan of the speeder shafts

It's a real shaft. I mean, it isn't a figment of my imagination. I think it is a good shaft. I would characterize it as a mid flight, mid/low spin. Exactly what I assume a stock shaft offering to be.

Lol, so we're not in the matrix? Probably the difference between the Callaway shafts and the ones directly from Fuji are negligible for most people.

Lol, so we're not in the matrix? Probably the difference between the Callaway shafts and the ones directly from Fuji are negligible for most people.
I believe the Speeder Evo II offered by callaway is not proprietary. I believe it is a "real deal" shaft

I loved the feel of the stock 665/765 that came from Callaway. They feel like soft X-flex and I saw a nice mid ball flight with what I can only assume was low spin as they ran out very well. I'm very much a fan of the shaft as it comes from Callaway.

I loved the feel of the stock 665/765 that came from Callaway. They feel like soft X-flex and I saw a nice mid ball flight with what I can only assume was low spin as they ran out very well. I'm very much a fan of the shaft as it comes from Callaway.

I agree. I have ordered one although I only had a few swings the profile should suit me.

I love the stock shaft in the XR16 pro, seems to be just about perfect for my SS, but I can jump on it and it stays very stable.

I love the stock shaft in the XR16 pro, seems to be just about perfect for my SS, but I can jump on it and it stays very stable.

That's what I like to hear. Anywhere in the trees at my home course is unplayable and I think this shaft will really tighten up my drives.

I believe the Speeder Evo II offered by callaway is not proprietary. I believe it is a "real deal" shaft

Evo II -- It is a real shaft made by Fujikura -- but there was a question on the Callaway Forum about the Evo II 565 (edited to correct) -- it is apparently sold to the general public-- It appears to be a tad softer than the 569 and with higher torque. On the Callaway Golf Forum it seem to have taken several weeks of a Callaway Rep calling Fuji to put the specs on the Fuji site. Apparently, the 565 is real deal as it is sold to the public.

Yes, 665 appears real deal, as stated in post below.

Last edited:
It is a real shaft made by Fujikura -- but I do not think it's a shaft sold to the general public other than Callaway Dealers (could be wrong, I don't check shaft catalogs)-- it a tad softer with higher torque. The reason I think it is a softer 569 is that on the Callaway Forum it seem to have taken several weeks of a Callaway Rep calling Fuji to put the specs on the Fuji site.

The shaft can be ordered by anyone - it's available at GolfWorks at least.

http://www.golfworks.com/fujikura-speeder-665-evolution-ii-tour-spec-golf-shaft/p/FK0084/

The shaft can be ordered by anyone - it's available at GolfWorks at least.

http://www.golfworks.com/fujikura-speeder-665-evolution-ii-tour-spec-golf-shaft/p/FK0084/

Thanks for the correction -- that shaft I had in my head was the Evo II 565. It did not have any specs listed on fujikura until about a week ago, which seems odd. But even the 565 is available on golfworks, so all is good real deal. Personally, I think they are all real deal -- and having the specs on the fuji website does help with credibility and more info always helps. Kudos to Callaway for getting the specs on the fuji website.

Last edited:
I noticed a huge difference between the xr 16 stock 565 and the xr 16 pro stock 665 ts.

I noticed a huge difference between the xr 16 stock 565 and the xr 16 pro stock 665 ts.
The Tour Spec is built to handle a strong transition from the top, whereas the Evo isn't. Different stiffness in the butts of these shafts...

I have a couple rounds in with this shaft and it is very straight and cuts through the wind for my swing.

I have a couple rounds in with this shaft and it is very straight and cuts through the wind for my swing.

What do you think makes it "straighter" to other shafts?

What do you think makes it "straighter" to other shafts?

I can square the face better than other shafts with my less than textbook swing.

I can square the face better than other shafts with my less than textbook swing.

What does this mean? How does a shaft help you square the face?

Remember, the mental aspect of things matters to people too.

It doesn't always have to make sense to others so long as it leads to confidence for the individual.

Just my take, of course.

Interesting. My swing is also less than text book, I will have to try this out.

I'm guessing "square the face" might be a little misleading if I'm reading the OP correctly and it's a dispersion issue which we have all seen with different shaft profiles. Need to find the one that fits us best.

Remember, the mental aspect of things matters to people too.

It doesn't always have to make sense to others so long as it leads to confidence for the individual.

Just my take, of course.

I got that which is why I asked. I was curious About the perceived difference.

I'm guessing "square the face" might be a little misleading if I'm reading the OP correctly and it's a dispersion issue which we have all seen with different shaft profiles. Need to find the one that fits us best.

Dispersion issue is correct. This shaft is currently working better for me than the s+60, white tie 55x4, and rogue 70 110msi.

Back