UST Mamiya & THP Shaft Spectacular - March 2016

Ugggghh, This date does not work for me. The wife booked me a fishing trip that weekend for my birthday in Venice Louisiana.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Taylormade R15 with speeder evolution X not my favorite.

TEE CBPRO speeder shaft this combo works for me.

Hybrids, never the same. Currently voodoo shafts. That's stock potion.

Irons I'm using s300 wurth sensicore. These shafts add stability to my swing

Wedges using ns pro 125 love this shaft. The weight and gentle flex are excellent for control wedge shots.

Putter stock seemore

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

March Entry:

Driver: Aldila Rogue 60 R. I was "fitted" for this big box store style. But, it did perform much better than the stock Speeder shaft.

FW: Callaway stock graphite for the XR.

Irons: Trying out Graphite Design G-Series graphite regular in TaylorMade RSi 1 heads (wish they were Recoils).

Here we go:
Driver shaft: Xphlexxx Agera 70g Stiff, tipped 5/8"- I needed lower launch, spin, and consistency shot-to-shot, and this has performed.

Fairway metal: Diamana D+ 82X- this was recommended via a fitting two summers ago as I needed lower launch and spin.

Hybrids: Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 85X- these were fit to me back at the ORIGINAL Grandaddy. Probably my favorite shafts, all-time!

Irons: TT DG S400 w/Sensicore inserts- again, fit to these mostly for their weight to help improve consistency with my iron shots.

Wedges: same as irons- these were put in my wedges based on recommendation by Ping customer service.

This is a great opportunity for a couple of lucky THPers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mind is still spinning oh what is to come in just a few weeks from now.

My mind is still spinning oh what is to come in just a few weeks from now.

Gonna be a FUN follow for sure!

Only a couple of more days to enter.

Driver - Taylormade R580XD with reg flex shaft
3W - Callaway BB Steelhead Plus w/strong flex
4i-PW - stock steel shafts on Double Diamond clubs
SW - Nike Sumo - stock steel shaft

My driver and SW were slightly used clubs I purchased to round out my bag after a friend gave me a set of irons and 3W. I've used this set since beginning to learn the game in May. I'm excited to continue to learn about the science of the club and shaft combo and how minor changes can greatly affect my game. I'm also looking forward to getting a professional fitting in the near future, so I can really let the clubs help me improve instead of fighting them.

Last edited:
Signing up is as easy as posting in this thread some pretty basic information. We want to know what shafts you are playing and why? Give us the info on driver, fairway wood, hybrid, irons, wedges and/or even putter. You can give us the info on one of them or all of them, but make sure you tell us why as well. That will add one entry into the hopper for being drawn.

Driver - Callaway XR Driver - Project X 6.0 60g Stiff Flex

Fairway - 3 & 5 wood Tour Edge Exotics Fujikura Stiff Flex 65g

Irons - Titleist 712 AP2 5-W NS Pro 970 Stell Shaft Stiff Flex

Wedges - Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54 & 58 Degree True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge steel Shaft

Would love to see how these shaft could improve my swing speed and distance.

48 hours more to enter.

Thanks to UST and Mamiya for this truly unique experience: I play the following shafts as I believe they get the maximum out of my swing. I think I pretty much fit into most standard stock options I would love to be proven wrong

Driver - Reg Flex Bassara E 42 Callaway V Series
3WD and Heavenwood Bassara E 42
Hybrid- Project X PXv
Irons- True Temper XP 95
Wedges - KBS Tour V

Had to delete my entry after getting into club clash, couldn't afford flights and hotels 3 months in a row (denver this month) nor would I be able to get all the time off, good luck to all that entered!!

Come on, people! Where you at? Get your entries in. Each of these events is limited to TWO people. If you like the idea of having 50% of the attention with a shaft expert or experts, how could you not sign up!?

48 hours! Come on guys, this is going to rock! With that said, I like my odds better currently, lol!

48 hours! Come on guys, this is going to rock! With that said, I like my odds better currently, lol!

Just wait for 2 weeks when Nate and SHane go through this and people see that there is equipment involved...IN A FREE EVENT!

Just wait for 2 weeks when Nate and SHane go through this and people see that there is equipment involved...IN A FREE EVENT!

Oh man, I can't imagine what you & UST have planned for this party. I find my mind wandering but then stop as I'm sure it will be totally different than where I'm going?! Either way this will be a first for me in the shaft department & I couldn't be more excited!

Driver - Stock ahina 72g. Was fitted into this driver about 3 years ago.
Fairway - Stock Kai'li 75g. Bought this club used because is was the same model as my driver.
Hybrids - Stock graphite shafts. Club was recommended by my fitter. Had these for about 5 years.
Irons - KBS Tour. I was fitted into these in the winter of 2010.
Wedges - TT Dynamic Gold. These wedges were given to me a couple of years ago. So, I don't know if these shafts are the best for me.
Putter - Stock shaft. Was fitted into this putter about 3 years ago. Never knew the customer putter shafts existed.

Psh, you would have to be CRAZY not to enter this!!! I'm in!

Driver - Aldila Rogue I/O 70X - playing it because it turns out through fitting its a great weight for me and my tempo. Flex wise, it fits my SS range. I will say though, I'd like a little more launch.

3W/HW - Aldila Rogue I/O 70X - same story as above, though the launch pairs really nicely for what I need in these clubs compared to the driver. Much easier for me to elevate these.

Hybrids - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB90-X - Gives me the launch I like to see from tee and deck with the hybrids and is really stable through the swing. All about the launch and ball flight in these clubs for me!!

Irons/Wedges - Project X PXi 6.5 - During my fitting nothing else compared dispersion wise, though my fitter also dismissed graphite as an option with my swing so that is a big caveat. Really solid stability at a weight I prefer to play.

Putter - Stock TT putter shaft - because its what comes in the majority of putters.

Sounds fun!

Driver - UST Mamiya Attas 4u - Someone once told me to play the lightest shaft I can control, and ever since I decided to give the lime green monster a shot, I haven't looked back. High/Mid kick helps me add roll to the end of my tee shots.

3W- Oban Kiyoshi. I only put this on because it had such great reviews. The reviews were right. The amount of control I have on my 16.5° 3 wood is really refreshing.

Hybrid- Diamana white board. I play this stock with the head. I hit it well enough that I haven't given any thought to change.

Irons/Wedges - KBS tour black nickel. I just like the look of them.

My current shafts are as follows:
Driver: Fuji Pro 60 stiff, 3 wood Fuji Pro 70 Stiff, Hybrid Kuro Kage 80 Stiff. The main reason these shafts are in those clubs is because they were the stock offerings.
Irons and wedges all have recoil 110 f4. Reason for this is Steel shafts were hurting my surgically repaired left arm and the recoils have helped that issue ALOT! I would like to see if I am playing the proper recoils though.
Putter is just stock shaft.

Thanks to THP and UST for this awesome opportunity

Bonus Entry:

Quick, somewhat related question...

I'm trying to embed my tweet into the thread, but not having any luck. I can get the link copies from Twitter, but can't figure out how to get it the display on this site.

Thanks

Back