Bridgestone JGR Driver Review Thread

Like the color scheme, though the crown is a bit busy. I really liked the 815 when I hit it at Pittsburgh last year, and I crushed a fellow THPers 715 in December. This doesn't stand out as much as the 815 but still has some flare to it and the pricepoint is nice but not suprising to me without an adjustable shaft.

What does JGR stand for?

J is part of the J family of drivers.
GR is Gravitational Rapidity which is a term used by R&D during the creation of this.

it looks solid! and cheaper that the J715 and J815

are they continuing with their LH experiment?

I believe this one will be RH only.
I think they are still waiting for all of those LH that said they would be buying drivers the first time B-Stone made a LH product to jump in. :D
I kid I kid.

Looks like Bridgestone is taking the next step with their driver technology & that's a good thing. Aesthetically this one looks ok and at that price point should move some units for them.

I think they are still waiting for all of those LH that said they would be buying drivers the first time B-Stone made a LH product to jump in. :D
I kid I kid.

that's fair, I actually tried to get some of their gear with the test drive program, but they wouldn't send them to Canada.

I'm going to your magnificent state next month, I'll try to find some Bridgestone goodness to demo

I kid I kid.

Wow....just looked on their site. No LH clubs? That is disappointing. I suppose it makes my life easier when club shopping.

Looks like a nice step for Bridgestone. Did I read that right...$299?! What a great price. Does this driver offer an adjustable hosel?

Looks like a nice step for Bridgestone. Did I read that right...$299?! What a great price. Does this driver offer an adjustable hosel?

No sir. This is a fixed hosel which was done for multiple reasons in this option.
1. They do still have adjustable drivers in line.
2. It removed weight from the area to repurpose elsewhere to gain forgiveness.
3. They found more people not adjusting once fit and feel the weights will still offer that.

Really great looking driver. Kind of reminds me of the F5 with the graphics and that's not a bad thing. I love the idea of it looking compact at address and for $299 how can you beat that price point??

Wow....just looked on their site. No LH clubs? That is disappointing. I suppose it makes my life easier when club shopping.

Not true. They sell a driver irons fws and wedges in LH

I love the looks and deep face combined with high launch. Im just going to go ahead and say there is a very good chance this is in my bag come spring time.

3. They found more people not adjusting once fit and feel the weights will still offer that.

i can relate to this. once it's dialed in, why mess with a good thing? and if weights can be adjusted, i can't imagine needing anything else. a 12 degree driver is intriguing, especially with jb's recommendation based on my spin numbers. any other info on the stock shaft? i've never heard of it.

Looks very cool. If it performs well I might have to take a closer look at this one.

Bridgestone JGR Driver Preview

Bridgestone JGR Driver Preview

Metallic sound..... Similar to? Can you make a comparison. Sub $300 is quite impressive, but I wonder how many people will look at it as a "cheap" alternative. And pass it up for a big $$ driver. Which sounds silly but I'm sure it happens.

The JGR looks awesome! I like that they've stuck by their face milling, too. I hope I can give this thing a try this year, I've been super impressed by every Bridgestone club I've tried and I expect this one will follow suit.

Metallic sound..... Similar to? Can you make a comparison. Sub $300 is quite impressive, but I wonder how many people will look at it as a "cheap" alternative. And pass it up for a big $$ driver. Which sounds silly but I'm sure it happens.

Current XXIO comes to mind. For the drivers that are out there in masses? Not sure. Maybe Cobra F6+. Next week I will hit the range and film the impact for the sound to be heard.

Nice! This thing is packed with technology at a lower price point, thank you Bridgestone Golf! I love the sounds of a higher launching/faster Bridgestone driver too, can't wait to get my hands on one!

Looks good! Why can't they release it before feb? Lol

I will be interested to talk to BStone at the show about the differences in this driver. Mainly the different face milling compared to the lines they put out last year. Either way I like the look of it from address. The Big lettering on the side is a little loud of my taste, but hell really I don't care about that.

Really liked the last driver and this one looks even better. Added to the list of hopefuls. Will take a big grin to pry my current driver out though.

I really like the direction Bstone headed with this one, that face milling looks great!

That driver looks pretty good. The face milling looks awesome as well. And you can't complain about the price.

Back