What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit Golfsmith with my 7i, and put it up against the C200, D200, Cobra Max, XR OS, regular XR, JPX 850 forged, M2, and some used Fly Z's. Hit the D, OS, and Z's in both graphite and steel.

Long story short, the only club that gave me significant distance + height gains was... the D200 in graphite. 10 yards longer and around 3 yards higher. C200 was over 5 yards higher but only 3 yards longer on average, and everything was going right.

On the good side, it means my D100s are still pretty good sticks for my game. On the bad side, my G.A.S. isn't about to be satisfied. Oh well, there are worse problems to have in life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well - more money for green fees :banana:

Just looked out the window wishing I would have been on the course. But work pays the bills, and pays for golf.

Played 18 at Oakmont (simulator)

Went to the range and saw Gary Nylund, former 3 overall pick in the NHL. He's a 5 hcp and a real beast!

THP, putting practice, and with a few buddies set up a round for this weekend.

Played 18 with milehighgolfer then hit the range and chipped for an hour after.

Played 18 with Mark_UK, THP'd and watched a bit of the Northern Trust Open.

Played 9 in 30 mph winds. Had to play one of the par 5's as a par 6. Made par.

Packed for trip to Alabama, yes!!!

practice putted. started off really strong, draining a ton of putts. then something happened, and i could not stop fanning the face open and all the demons came back with a vengeance. i kinda got it back at the end, but it was discouraging.

there are two guys who frequent this crappy driving range, probably early 20s, both just have that mini tour look. perfect setup at address, earbuds tucked up through the back of the shirt, that sound at impact, etc. one of them brings a blue chalk reel to the practice putting green, finds a straight putt, measures out 10 feet and lays down the perfectly straight line through the middle of the cup. i'll find the line after he's long gone and drop some balls down. my nerves go haywire. i can't do it. i can't putt straight down that line to save my life. but i can make putts. what gives?

Drove to the range at lunch to only have it be closed :at-wits-end:

Hit the range and dialed in my F6 with a Miyazaki Kusala Silver shaft. Great ball flight, though my swing is a bit rusty so my fade was fading a bit more than I liked. But ... loving the shaft. Will see if it stays in after the Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue gets here for a comparison.

Going to get to work early tomorrow so I can bug out early to get 18 in.

Packed the Tour Van with SWAG for the THP Kickoff Classic at RTJ.

Played 18 on this beautiful day

Got directions to the convention center in Kansas City, golf show tomorrow. Looking forward to it. :bananadance:

Played 18. Shot 82. It was a good day.

Got some new kicks and packed for the Kickoff Classic.

Signed for delivery of some 1/4 zips for the HS team as well as a driver.

Installed new grips on everything but the putter. They look good and I think it's the first time I've ever had all matching grips.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Packed for rtj.
And event planning "stuff"

I'm done testing clubs at stores. I seriously get nothing out of it and I never trust the information anyway. More of a rant huh ?

Hit balls at a PGASS
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Played 18 at my course can't beat 65 and sunny in February

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Watching the Northern Trust replay and staying up too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back