Hopkins Golf Wedges Preview Thread

I agree the cally pm wedge has piqued my interest, but the Hopkins are just solid and reliable. I love the dark rust

I love my 50/54/58 every wedge has a role and they compliment my J15s perfectly. Was supposed to get a shaft for the J15 50* but it hasn't come in at this point in the season I don't think the hopkins are coming out.

I noticed yesterday that my ferrules on both of my wedges are loose--to the point that I can spin them on the shaft. Is that something I can re-epoxy? And how would I go about doing that?

I noticed yesterday that my ferrules on both of my wedges are loose--to the point that I can spin them on the shaft. Is that something I can re-epoxy? And how would I go about doing that?

Yes, but it can get messy.
You might want to try a drop of super glue first.

Yes, but it can get messy.
You might want to try a drop of super glue first.

What he said. Epoxy is straight messy. You'll still be able to cut them off if you ever want to with the super glue.

Been a while since I've updated this thread but wanted to post a pic of my wedges to show how the color is going. Other than the initial Coke bath, I've just played them. Love the way they're looking right now.

DDD3DEC8-123C-4DC9-8B80-7316542146AC_zps0ny4pg1g.jpg

I think I need to get mine out of hiding and mess around with it

Really been using my 58* channel grind wedge a lot more this year. Not just out of the sand but for a lot of tricky shots around the greens and I've really liked the results.

I haven't been able to practice my short game as much as I wanted to the last month but this club (the entire Hopkins lineup) are true performers.

I just got a email and Roger Dunn in santa ana is having a free fitting soon. I have heard so much about these wedges but im not sute if anytbing will outperform my vokeys. I am willing to see though.

Hopkins Wedges

Hopkins Wedges

Looking to upgrade my wedges. Tell me about the Hopkins wedges. Love the customization they offer through their website. But in the end, how they perform is all that matters.

Looking to upgrade my wedges. Tell me about the Hopkins wedges. Love the customization they offer through their website. But in the end, how they perform is all that matters.

Merged with the existing thread. Some great information in here.

Merged with the existing thread. Some great information in here.

Thanks man. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the Hopkins wedges. I see you have a Caledonia flag in you profile pic. I love Caledonia, great course.

Thanks man. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the Hopkins wedges. I see you have a Caledonia flag in you profile pic. I love Caledonia, great course.

He sure does. It came last weekend at a very special THP Event called Legacy. He was a captain of one of the teams of THPers in which each participant got a tour like treatment with 14 club deal, etc. Here is the link to see what it was about.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...l-You-Create-Your-Legacy-2015-THPLegacy-Event

They are solid solid wedges I got one when they first came out and am thinking about finishing out my wedge set with two more.

It doesn't look like they offer the raw or unfinished anymore per their site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are solid solid wedges I got one when they first came out and am thinking about finishing out my wedge set with two more.

It doesn't look like they offer the raw or unfinished anymore per their site

How would you say they stack up to the industry leaders Titleist and Cleveland?

Very well. They spin, as all wedges do, and they're extremely playable with the different sole options. Good feel, good look, damn solid wedges.

Wedges come in and out of my bag all the time as it's easy and relatively inexpensive to swap (compared to say a driver or iron set); but I always end up coming home to my Hopkins wedges. Mine are raw, I've never done anything to them to accelerate the rust (or give them the Coke bath treatment), and they look badass. They both have custom grinds based on how I intend to play different shots with each and they both have KBS Hi-Rev shafts. I've played Titleist, Cleveland, and Callaway wedges recently and I would say they are similar to the Cleveland wedges from a looks and weight standpoint. And I've found that they perform exactly as I want them to when I swing them correctly. I say give them a go.

Good info guys. Yall are definitely pushing me towards the Hopkins wedges. Probably start out with the 60. If I like it, I will round out my set with Hopkins.

My 56 is back in the bag all nice and rusty and the 60* heel/toe is being delivered today and will be in play for the weekend!

I snapped this picture over the weekend because there was just something about how the sun was reflecting off the rust:

4b99245865c54f8dca8f6a145fa6b990.jpg

That looks pretty good Pete.

Hopkins wedges

Hopkins wedges

The local range is clearing out a bunch of Hopkins wedges. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I currently have a mix of Vokey and Callaway wedges, how would they compare?

Back