Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

Went in to check on my irons today, and they should be at the store Thursday. The day after I play Quail. Damn!

I'm planning on getting lessons to help with the swing. But it is so nice knowing that no matter what swing shows up that day I can still hit some good iron shots with them. And absolutely love the recoils in them. Hitting a shot pure with these irons feel amazing
Pure shots are great with these. I find myself not being able to make great contact when i over swing so slowing my pace down and focusing on swinging smooth lead to some really solid iron shots yesterday. Its odd I usually play a draw with my irons but these clubs just are high and straight on its line. Its easy to tell of its a push or pull just based off of the ball flight and the line its taking.

Pure shots are great with these. I find myself not being able to make great contact when i over swing so slowing my pace down and focusing on swinging smooth lead to some really solid iron shots yesterday. Its odd I usually play a draw with my irons but these clubs just are high and straight on its line. Its easy to tell of its a push or pull just based off of the ball flight and the line its taking.

I used to play a fade/slice with my old irons and these are normally straight on line or have a touch of a draw which is so weird to me but I love it. And I can't talk about the forgiveness enough. I had a few yesterday that I caught on the bottom groove and all I saw was a little bit of a distance loss but the ball still went fairly high(a little lower than normal) and was straight on line

Weather starting to turn. Outdoor fitting for new irons is on the near horizon. Looking forward to seeing how these hit on grass. They look/feel great in the simulator.

Dropping my set off Thursday to get the Steelfibers put in. Really excited to get this combo in play. I hope to pick up some swing speed & have less impact on the joints, but keep the same flight & dispersion.

The guy who's doing the work for me is going to build them to the same swing weight as they currently are now & also strengthen the loft my GW a little. Right now I have too big of a gap between the PW & the GW.

I see that it's supposed to hit 60 degrees here this weekend and I'm thinking I may have to head back to my hometown to play on their course. I'm itching to get these out in some real conditions!

Ordered..........

:banana:

Demo set at Golf Mart with stiff UST Recoils!

ea9399fa6574977bb9bb4f1732cb9232.jpg

Demo set at Golf Mart with stiff UST Recoils!

ea9399fa6574977bb9bb4f1732cb9232.jpg
My favorite part about that picture is the irons on top. It looks like their peaking up saying, "Hey, I'm pretty good to..."

My favorite part about that picture is the irons on top. It looks like their peaking up saying, "Hey, I'm pretty good to..."

Those are my 'old' JPX-850s, haha!

Pulled the trigger on these today (4-GW). Did my fitting and ended up in a True Temper regular shaft. Was pretty eye opening doing the fitting and wishing I had done it years ago.

Went to a Callaway master fitter so he is going to build the clubs when the heads come in and then I go back and do the lie angles. He fits each club individually which I think is pretty cool and tests each shaft for consistency.

Needless to say I can't wait to get these in my bag. I think the fitting will make a HUGE difference from having the correct shaft and lie angles.

Pulled the trigger on these today (4-GW). Did my fitting and ended up in a True Temper regular shaft. Was pretty eye opening doing the fitting and wishing I had done it years ago.

Went to a Callaway master fitter so he is going to build the clubs when the heads come in and then I go back and do the lie angles. He fits each club individually which I think is pretty cool and tests each shaft for consistency.

Needless to say I can't wait to get these in my bag. I think the fitting will make a HUGE difference from having the correct shaft and lie angles.

Congrats and I'm looking forward to your feedback! Getting fit made a huge difference for me and it's only going to get better. Good luck!

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

I need to hit these again and see if I can find a shaft combo that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm pumped, I'll be hitting the sim tomorrow for the second time playing with these. I can't wait!

I'm pumped, I'll be hitting the sim tomorrow for the second time playing with these. I can't wait!

Looking forward to your thoughts KEV.

My CFs arrived today. Hoping to get to the dome tomorrow, and a couple of times over the weekend. Good bye OG Apex, it was a good run.

Thinking of putting just the CF 6i in my bag as a replacement for the apex pro 5i. The lofts are similar and I think the launch/forgiveness will be just what i'm looking for.

Finally put these club through there paces at the PGA SS. I love these clubs. They are so long. I am in love

These 2016 Apex CF's are so good and so well praised that it's really going to put the pressure on Callaway's R&D for future releases of clubs any better. But then again, they say there is always room for improvement (and price increases):bashful:

These 2016 Apex CF's are so good and so well praised that it's really going to put the pressure on Callaway's R&D for future releases of clubs any better. But then again, they say there is always room for improvement (and price increases):bashful:

Your right clubs do continue to get better as time goes on, but I can honestly say that I don't think it currently gets any better than this set right here, especially if you find the right shaft for you. So, so, so good!

Hit these today at DSG. Oh man haha. These felt fantastic to hit...

For those that have these....I know the irons are a couple degrees stronger. Do you see the same trajectory as you did with your previous irons? So does say a 7 iron still have the same height as your previous? I'd think it should be a tad lower.... But hitting these at the range the other day... I felt like it actually flew higher and longer...which I wasn't expecting.

For those that have these....I know the irons are a couple degrees stronger. Do you see the same trajectory as you did with your previous irons? So does say a 7 iron still have the same height as your previous? I'd think it should be a tad lower.... But hitting these at the range the other day... I felt like it actually flew higher and longer...which I wasn't expecting.

Initially it was higher than I expected, but the distance is there so I've got no qualms with it. I have the XP 95 S300s in mine.

Initially it was higher than I expected, but the distance is there so I've got no qualms with it. I have the XP 95 S300s in mine.
More distance?

Back