The Rickie Fowler Thread

The new flats from puma seem to have some bow to them. Or his GF had it in her back pocket...lol

I want one of those hats. Could only find with orange lettering though.

Nice. Thanks dude! Those half flat hats work well with my big noggin.

I am a bit of a fan of Rickie but at times have queried his Club selection on some shots.

Why does Rickie hit driver off the deck some times? The times I've seen him do it it has never ended positively for him.

He played it on the second hole of the scottish open yesterday and i was confused. It justdoesn't seem lounge a prlercentage play. Is it to keep the Ball low out of the wind?

If you were to do it would you be worried about snapping the head off the club?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I am a bit of a fan of Rickie but at times have queried his Club selection on some shots.

Why does Rickie hit driver off the deck some times? The times I've seen him do it it has never ended positively for him.

He played it on the second hole of the scottish open yesterday and i was confused. It justdoesn't seem lounge a prlercentage play. Is it to keep the Ball low out of the wind?

If you were to do it would you be worried about snapping the head off the club?

I've actually stood next to him on he range (w/ Tadashi70 too) watching him hit DoD, I think he does it because he's silly good at it, may not have worked in competition this weekend, but he can even flight it up and down off the deck. It was insane to witness.

I wouldn't do it because I'm not a pro, I play a different game LOL!

If I could play driver off the deck consistently, heck yeah I'd put that in my repertoire if it's needed. The few times I pulled it off, holy cow was it useful and worked out well.

Hmm, guess I need to add someone to my Fantasy Team this week.

He played some stunning golf today. 3 birdies in the last four to take it by 1! In great form for next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He played some stunning golf today. 3 birdies in the last four to take it by 1! In great form for next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree stoked for him today.

If I could play driver off the deck consistently, heck yeah I'd put that in my repertoire if it's needed. The few times I pulled it off, holy cow was it useful and worked out well.
But at what point is this a needed shot? Why not play a strong 3? will DoD stay super low and just run out?

Stoked about Rickies win. I recorded it so will watch tonight. Australian viewing times aren't spectacular!

I have never attempted to hit DoD and probably will never. Outside of watching pros do it, I have never seen an am pulling it off.

No way I could do it with the large headed drivers of today. Back in the day when drivers were smaller I could hit a very low runner off the deck, ball no more than head high. Rarely needed it but came in handy occasionally.

Last edited:
I can barely hit hybrids off the deck

Rickie is now up to #5 in the OWGR after his win yesterday.

Great way to end his round today.

Rickie was pretty emotional in his post-tournament interview last night. It's obvious this week meant a lot to him and I respect the way he carried himself around the course. Also, this is what I want to see more of, players truly taking the time to give back to the fans at the events. More than an hour after the loss, still signing autographs and making kids feel special. That's freaking awesome.

Even with those crazy jogger pants, I am becoming a pretty big Fowler fan. I hope he justifies some conversation about being a genuine part of the top four. It is an attitude like this, an extra effort like this, that will grow this game.

CapzSJCUUAARUnh.jpg:large

Cant help but cheer for Rickie, kid is a class act.

I might have been more bummed about Rickie losing yesterday than I was about Cam and that says a lot. Really hoping he gets a major this year. Love watching him play golf.

Rickie was pretty emotional in his post-tournament interview last night. It's obvious this week meant a lot to him and I respect the way he carried himself around the course. Also, this is what I want to see more of, players truly taking the time to give back to the fans at the events. More than an hour after the loss, still signing autographs and making kids feel special. That's freaking awesome.

Even with those crazy jogger pants, I am becoming a pretty big Fowler fan. I hope he justifies some conversation about being a genuine part of the top four. It is an attitude like this, an extra effort like this, that will grow this game.

CapzSJCUUAARUnh.jpg:large

Could not agree with you more dude. Even with the pants he's still my number one guy despite my hatred for the joggers. Arguably the most popular guy on tour and clearly a draining loss for him and he still signs for over an hour. That's the stuff I like. I liked his interview as well. It's nice to know these guys are human too every once in awhile.

Was really surprised that he made that gaffe on #17 yesterday. Still, some great play by him this past week. Definitely a fan of his.

Shows he is human and a pretty righteous dude stickin around at the end. He knows without the fans the pga tour would be nothing. His game is shaping up really well too except for the club choice on 17 but oh well

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Love or hate his style, you have to respect his attitude. He keeps proving he's a quality person.

I felt for him after the tournament. We can all second guess shots we've hit, and you know that's what he'll do for driver off of 17. Who would have thought he would have smashed it the way he did, have it fly off the downslope and run so much? I can't believe with his length he couldn't muscle up a 3 wood and carry the bunker there.

He's as good of a guy on Tour as there is. This won't be his last chance for a win on Tour this year, no way.

Back