The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping the Tigers can get a huge haul for Price, Cespedes, Soria, Rajai Davis, and Alex Avila.

We have the worst farm system in baseball, time to stock it.
One of the baseball guys on ESPN yesterday morning I think it was said they still are hoping for a shot at the wildcard, not selling off quite yet.

Because they think they are close enough to winning to give up five players for a pitcher. Last time I looked (and it has been a bit) they were in 3rd place in their own division and behind many teams for even the 2nd WC slot. Just seems like a weird move for them, might have thought they'd be sellers instead of buyers.

No this is still a move for the future. They have him under control for a few years. FWIW they are pretty close once Darvish comes back and they can add a bat or two

No this is still a move for the future. They have him under control for a few years. FWIW they are pretty close once Darvish comes back and they can add a bat or two

without a doubt a future move. Although even being 4 out with 2 months to go in the WC, it could help them slide in to a spot for this October. I know there are a lot of teams in front of them, but just win your games and it always takes care of itself.

More young pitching for the tribe is great, but at some point some day they will need to acquire some HITTING

Because they think they are close enough to winning to give up five players for a pitcher. Last time I looked (and it has been a bit) they were in 3rd place in their own division and behind many teams for even the 2nd WC slot. Just seems like a weird move for them, might have thought they'd be sellers instead of buyers.

Taylor knows him some baseball and is spot on here. Holland who has been out the entire year and is their number 2 pitcher is scheduled to return late this year or will possible hold him back till next season. Martin Perez their number 3 has been out and recently started his rehab assignment. If and when healthy, they will have a solid starting rotation next year.

Sounds like the Dodgers rotation is about to get scary good. Adding Latos and Alex Wood. Not to mention they are still thought of as the front runners for Price if the Tigers do indeed throw in the towel.

Taylor knows him some baseball and is spot on here. Holland who has been out the entire year and is their number 2 pitcher is scheduled to return late this year or will possible hold him back till next season. Martin Perez their number 3 has been out and recently started his rehab assignment. If and when healthy, they will have a solid starting rotation next year.

Combine that with Fielder, Profar, Andrus, Choo, Deshields they will have a salty team.

Hamels
Darvish
Holland
Perez is a nice rotation, probably the best in the West.

Sounds like the Dodgers rotation is about to get scary good. Adding Latos and Alex Wood. Not to mention they are still thought of as the front runners for Price if the Tigers do indeed throw in the towel.

I am reading Alex Wood is a big part of a package they want to send to Detroit for Price

Indians are scoring 3.92 runs a game and giving up 3.93 lol

I am reading Alex Wood is a big part of a package they want to send to Detroit for Price
The Dodgers front office gets high marks for creativity and a willingness to make things happen. It's like us fans are getting a present to make up for all those years under McCourt.

Indians are scoring 3.92 runs a game and giving up 3.93 lol

Want to trade us some runs? Cards have scored 1 time in the last 30 innings. 4 runs in the last 3 games, all from a grand slam, meanwhile the rotation ERA is unbelievable

Heck the team ERA is 2.63.

Last 3 games: 6 ERA for a 2 ERA and 4 runs scored.

Not really. That's they type of player they have been looking for since Adams went down.

I am sorry but I will disagree wholeheartedly with you. I have a pretty robust knowledge of the minor league system and Kaminsky is a very talented pitcher. Giving up your #4 prospect, a first round pick, for a guy hitting .215 is a reach.

Heck I don't think it would have taken much more to get Cespedes. Could have probably thrown in a Carson Kelly or Patrick Wisdom and gotten that type of deal done. The Cards had zero leverage and the Indians exploited that.

I am sorry but I will disagree wholeheartedly with you. I have a pretty robust knowledge of the minor league system and Kaminsky is a very talented pitcher. Giving up your #4 prospect, a first round pick, for a guy hitting .215 is a reach.

Heck I don't think it would have taken much more to get Cespedes. Could have probably thrown in a Carson Kelly or Patrick Wisdom and gotten that type of deal done. The Cards had zero leverage and the Indians exploited that.

Fine, to even out the deal you can have Swisher and Bourn too...deal thanks again

Fine, to even out the deal you can have Swisher and Bourn too...deal thanks again

When I originally saw the deal I thought Santana had to be included. I was shocked to see it was just for Moss.

Is Hamels to Texas new news? Good lord I picked a awful year to burn through 1st waiver wire priority with trumbo

Is Hamels to Texas new news? Good lord I picked a awful year to burn through 1st waiver wire priority with trumbo

New? Do you have twitter, espn, any of those things?

The Trumbo thing is my fault hahah

Blue Jays considered favorites for David Price now according to John Heyman.

Blue Jays considered favorites for David Price now according to John Heyman.

I would appreciate it if the Tigers would not do that.

Thanks

without a doubt a future move. Although even being 4 out with 2 months to go in the WC, it could help them slide in to a spot for this October. I know there are a lot of teams in front of them, but just win your games and it always takes care of itself.

Exactly. Also, this move will get even smarter if Darvish is unable to completely return to Ace form following TJ surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back