DG S300 vs KBS Tour

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious for those who have played both if there was a big difference. Currently hit the s300 fine but when fitted once it recommended the KBS Tour as well.

KBS launches higher for many and a lot of THPers say it feels smoother.

for me the DG launch a little lower and seem to feel a little more tip stiff and heavier. KBS seem to feel a little more counterbalanced

Agree with both of these observations. KBS shafts do feel great.

For me the KBS just feel better and defintely launch higher. Absolutely love my Tour-Vs

S300 is going to launch lower with less spin.

Tours feel amazing if the numbers jive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im very much in love with my kbs tours

This… much better feel imo

ok I see a test with the same head coming for me but itd have to be special for me to reshaft.

After playing DG S300's for over a decade I tried the KBS Tours in a set of Staff V2 irons a couple of years ago and just couldn't get a feel for them. For me they just produced weak, high flights and odd spin that I couldn't get a handle on. I went back to the DG S300 in the Mizunos I just bought and they feel like a comfortable pair of shoes. I also tried a PX 6.0 in the Mizunos and they felt similar to the S300s for me. I would imagine it is totally dependent on how and where you load the shaft in the down swing. My lunge and smash technique didn't work with the KBS.

After playing DG S300's for over a decade I tried the KBS Tours in a set of Staff V2 irons a couple of years ago and just couldn't get a feel for them. For me they just produced weak, high flights and odd spin that I couldn't get a handle on. I went back to the DG S300 in the Mizunos I just bought and they feel like a comfortable pair of shoes. I also tried a PX 6.0 in the Mizunos and they felt similar to the S300s for me. I would imagine it is totally dependent on how and where you load the shaft in the down swing. My lunge and smash technique didn't work with the KBS.

My only KBS experience was what came in the R11 irons. The spin I got was unreal as I could back up a 5 iron.

My only KBS experience was what came in the R11 irons. The spin I got was unreal as I could back up a 5 iron.

I think it has a lot to do with the club head. The first time I took my Mizunos out with the DGs they were launching much higher than my Hogans with the same shaft, and I backed up a 6 iron from 172 and I wasn't sure I really wanted that. But since then, the flight and spin seem to be more in line with what I'm used to. I never got accustomed to the KBS. Though I have no doubt if I was a smooth swinger they would work great. I'm just not. And the DGs seem to allow me to be a little more "aggressive" and get away with it whereas with the KBS, if I got a little overzealous, it was a high, right, floater.

About 10 grams heavier I believe.

sounds about right but it is where they removed the 10g makes them feel lighter to me

As others have said, DG is about 10g heavier and launches the ball lower. KBS Tour is more of a low-mid to mid flight. Oh and it feels much better, at least IMHO.

i played s300s in my mizunos several years ago and switched to KBS based on recommendation from my fitter. I see higher ball flight with the KBS Tours and they do feel "smoother" than the s300s, probably due to them being 10g lighter than the s300s.

My KBS tours feel much better then the s300 that used to play and test hit the other day in the AP2's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Back