Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

These thing are silly easy to hit, I hit CAA_Beat's today what the hell the Recoils. Good lord they are longer than long. Ripping these into a heave breeze, the ball was effected, but nearly as much as I expected. With the shaft pairing he has I saw a very high ball flight, but that was more about the shaft pairing than anything else.

110 Protos for you will be awesome to see

110 Protos for you will be awesome to see
I would really like to see what he would do with these in a shaft fit for him. It would be almost unfair!!

I would really like to see what he would do with these in a shaft fit for him. It would be almost unfair!!

Not sure why he didn't take any swings with these that have the pxi 6.0

Not sure why he didn't take any swings with these that have the pxi 6.0
Probably didn't want to mess you up with the good mojo you had going with them. As for mine, he probably figured I could use of that T2GRN18 magical swing juice!!

Probably didn't want to mess you up with the good mojo you had going with them. As for mine, he probably figured I could use of that T2GRN18 magical swing juice!!

Lol. I need some of that mojo for making a smooth swing on a regular basis

4d665ebad5e7e57015a671e630b4acd7.jpg

2b4056c7401c85bd1b62ee059da9c8cb.jpg

a0ae22a1710386e303217995d6a94e88.jpg

bfb353a9b7b7638d9a824df5c23fa6dd.jpg

ada08dc6b1bba931e8b6390c1376a312.jpg

155d91d8df992293aa8ca702044aeb2c.jpg

Yes! They have arrived!

So....... Sudden onset golfluenza today and calling out sick from work?

Naa, I have a match tomorrow at 1pm so they will get a work out at that time.

Hopefully mine will show up soon :fingers-crossed:

So sweet looking Freddie. Just think, this time in two weeks, we'll both be swinging those things...can't wait.

Naa, I have a match tomorrow at 1pm so they will get a work out at that time.

what shafts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out for a frozen round of 20 degrees the other day, no tees in the ground so I left the woods at home and just hit irons. Tough condition with frozen soil but every time I found a thicker tuft of grass, fluffed it with my foot and swung away these clubs jut flat out performed and felt great doing it. I can not wait for warm weather again Cali was such a tease for playing these things before coming home to the tundra. I get out even in that cold just to get out and enjoy the outdoors but never walked away from winter rounds with such deep thoughts on how good these irons will feel next summer if they still feel this great in the 20s.

You are an animal Harv. I tip my hat to you

Got out for a frozen round of 20 degrees the other day, no tees in the ground so I left the woods at home and just hit irons. Tough condition with frozen soil but every time I found a thicker tuft of grass, fluffed it with my foot and swung away these clubs jut flat out performed and felt great doing it. I can not wait for warm weather again Cali was such a tease for playing these things before coming home to the tundra. I get out even in that cold just to get out and enjoy the outdoors but never walked away from winter rounds with such deep thoughts on how good these irons will feel next summer if they still feel this great in the 20s.

Have a couple of rounds in the low 30's also. Will probably have one in the 20's this weekend. Ditto the feel. Really can't wait for the warmer weather. These things are flat out awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I finally got these out on the range and I hit them well once I got warmed up. They're a totally different feel than the JPX-850s so it will be an adjustment, but I think they're definitely going to help my game.

1848e9b1feab93b54ca66f1163cf3258.jpg

They arrived!! Working from home tomorrow so I can get out to the range at lunch.

Your choice of grip colors, didnt go unnoticed. Very nice!!

1848e9b1feab93b54ca66f1163cf3258.jpg

They arrived!! Working from home tomorrow so I can get out to the range at lunch.

Starting to get the itch for new irons. These might be just what I need to scratch it with. Need to try some of these at a demo day for sure.

Starting to get the itch for new irons. These might be just what I need to scratch it with. Need to try some of these at a demo day for sure.
You won't be in Orlando the week of the 25th by chance will you?

I've decided that I am going to play through the winter with my current gamers and buy these when it starts to get back to shorts weather... I need to have these in my bag soon and my recent fitting proved that these clubs are a winner.

The week before but not that week unfortunately.

I've decided that I am going to play through the winter with my current gamers and buy these when it starts to get back to shorts weather... I need to have these in my bag soon and my recent fitting proved that these clubs are a winner.

If either of you make a THP Event (I believe CPL is already in one), you are welcome to play my set for the round.

If either of you make a THP Event (I believe CPL is already in one), you are welcome to play my set for the round.
Wow, thanks for the offer. I really need to look into making one of these THP events. They sound like a whole lot of fun. Hopefully by the time I can join I will have these in my bag...

The week before but not that week unfortunately.
Darn. That's too bad. Would have been a good opportunity for you to try them. Pretty sure we are close to the same swing speed.

Back