Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

kozmo and josh, how does village greens at 12:30 sound on Sunday? Lance want to join us? Forecast says low 60's.

Sorry Sam, I can't make it tomorrow. I promised the wife to help clean up the gardens. Have fun with those Speedblades.

kozmo and josh, how does village greens at 12:30 sound on Sunday? Lance want to join us? Forecast says low 60's.

Sounds good to me... let me know if/when you guys book it. Saw hot deal for $19.

When's the hot deal? Looks like it'll be just us. If you want to play (any time after noon), pick a course and book it. I have to travel regardless so it's all the same to me as long as it's not too far.

Last edited:
Chicago must be a huge place where not even Chicago-ians can get to a THP event that is being held, just outside of Chicago...

:alien:

Believe it or not....It's not easy to get around Chicagoland. I'm only 45 miles from Ohare airport and 65 miles from Milwaukee airport yet it takes me over an hour to get to Ohare and max 45 mins to get to Milwaukee. Getting to courses isn't much different....Not much interms of highways, especially when you get a little west and north. That being said, getting to a THP event is worth almost any amount of time on your 'home turf'. Most of the folks I talked to said the Chicago event was tough because of the Holiday weekend which I completely understand. Anyway, We should meet in SW Wisconsin and play sometime!

Hello people, didn't see a Chicago area thread and thought I would start one so people can talk all things local and maybe play some golf together. I'm always up for a round, especially on Saturdays and occasionally the sneak-out-of-the-office-weekday round. :)

Also, where do you guys hit the range? I've been going to Fresh Meadow of late because of grass tees and late hours and I guess not too bad a drive from downtown. Diversey is awful and I try to avoid that at all costs.

On a side note, Go Hawks!

New to the site. Fresh Meadow is actually the closest course to my house. Not the greatest course in the world but it's close and the price can't be beat!!!

Seems like a great site so far. Nice to connect with other golfers.

New to the site. Fresh Meadow is actually the closest course to my house. Not the greatest course in the world but it's close and the price can't be beat!!!

I've played Fresh Meadows several times.... I've always liked that course. We should meet up for a round. When it warms up of course.

I've played Fresh Meadows several times.... I've always liked that course. We should meet up for a round. When it warms up of course.

I'm in. I like the courses out by Addison too (Oak Meadows, Maple Meadows, etc.). The only issues I've had with Maple Meadows is that I feel it doesn't drain very well. It can be 5 days after a rain and you still have swampy areas. The greens sometimes are a little rough too. But like I said, for the price I'll play there anyday. My game isn't good enough to complain about course conditions but I'm going to anyway. Makes me feel better.

I'm in. I like the courses out by Addison too (Oak Meadows, Maple Meadows, etc.). The only issues I've had with Maple Meadows is that I feel it doesn't drain very well. It can be 5 days after a rain and you still have swampy areas. The greens sometimes are a little rough too. But like I said, for the price I'll play there anyday. My game isn't good enough to complain about course conditions but I'm going to anyway. Makes me feel better.
I agree... both those courses can be rough at times. Which is why I only play them a hand full of times a year. I usually just golf where the golfnow hot deals take me. :D

I agree... both those courses can be rough at times. Which is why I only play them a hand full of times a year. I usually just golf where the golfnow hot deals take me. :D

+1 to that!!! Less money on greens fees means more money for equipment!

Welcome aboard! Always good to see new Chicagoans on the site. I'm still optimistic that there are a few more good days of golfing weather left. I really need the practice.

My friend and I are going to try and get to Bliss Creek in Sugar Grove tomorrow afternoon. If we go, anyone want to join?

Welcome aboard! Always good to see new Chicagoans on the site. I'm still optimistic that there are a few more good days of golfing weather left. I really need the practice.

Looks like the golfing weather is on the short-end, eh? This is the worst time of the golf season for me - realization that i'll be hitting balls inside, almost exclusively. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that weather is half-decent for the weekend of the 16th and 17th. That's my next chance for a round (at whatever courses might still be open for play).

Looks like the golfing weather is on the short-end, eh? This is the worst time of the golf season for me - realization that i'll be hitting balls inside, almost exclusively. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that weather is half-decent for the weekend of the 16th and 17th. That's my next chance for a round (at whatever courses might still be open for play).

i'm playing sunday and hopefully a couple of times before I leave next week (at least some range time and a lesson). My new swing is right at the tip of my reach. I can get to it sometimes and even get at it for a stretch, but not quite good enough to hold on to it for good. I hate having to settle for dome golf for the next 6 months when the swing is so close. I think that weekend of the 16th is really pushing your luck but maybe you'll get lucky. I'm trying to keep my golfing to temps above 50 :)

I'm going to try and play on Saturday and Sunday. A few extra layers and game on! :)

I'm going to try and play on Saturday and Sunday. A few extra layers and game on! :)

As of right now we have no plans next week, Derek. Hopefully I can get out...

As of right now we have no plans next week, Derek. Hopefully I can get out...

Oh dang...I'm totally busy next week!!! J/k! Here's to 75 and sunny! :)

a lot of rain the last few days and it says it'll rain more today and tomorrow. All the rain has closed up all the grass ranges too so it's been all mats. I don't have any plans but I might try to tough it out and play tomorrow too. I need more rounds to dial in my clubs.

a lot of rain the last few days and it says it'll rain more today and tomorrow. All the rain has closed up all the grass ranges too so it's been all mats. I don't have any plans but I might try to tough it out and play tomorrow too. I need more rounds to dial in my clubs.

I'll let you know if we end up playing anywhere down there if you'd like. I think we're going to play mid to late morning tomorrow. A little earlier on Sunday.

Dhartman, you should visit the Grand Geneva and play the Highlands. Winter rate is $30 for 18 holes with cart and range.

Yeah, good courses. I've played them quite a few times. We'll have to look into those...Thanks for the reminder! :)

drp3434 and I are looking to play on Saturday. I've got a great coupon so we'll be paying around $15 or under to play. We're looking at
Midlane, Foss Park, Prairie Isle, and Highland Park around 11am. It's going to be a bit chilly, but that's golf in November in the midwest for you. Anyone else looking to play? We'd like to book it asap.....Anyone in?

drp3434 and I are looking to play on Saturday. I've got a great coupon so we'll be paying around $15 or under to play. We're looking at
Midlane, Foss Park, Prairie Isle, and Highland Park around 11am. It's going to be a bit chilly, but that's golf in November in the midwest for you. Anyone else looking to play? We'd like to book it asap.....Anyone in?
Highland Park is the latest and furthest away, that would be my last choice of the options. Also, we just played it :D

Highland Park is the latest and furthest away, that would be my last choice of the options. Also, we just played it :D

Yeah, mine too....But I do have a bone to pick with it since some of the holes I didn't know where I was going and the greens were aerated....

The times are still available, but we're going to want to book this real soon before it's too late.

Any takers? Buehler, Buehler...

Back