Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhh, that thing is an abomination... Convince me otherwise, fellas.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Roll it. Simple.

Mizuno MP-54s

I'm pondering ALL these pretty irons. Talk about awesomeness overload. Sheesh.

And something tells me its only going to get better.

I like that the iron market is getting interesting again.

Steelfiber i95s.

Roll it. Simple.

Hahaha... I haven't found anything that can dethrone my Betti. I'll try though, buddy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

When looking at all the options available when it comes to irons there doesn't seem to be many bad choices out there. Price is probably the easiest way to narrow down a search to a select group.

I fully support any and all XHot ponders haha. Since you play a hybrid at 19* I'd encourage you to put the XHot 3h in there instead though - would take some getting used to if you put a 5W in there with the bigger head/longer shaft.

I gamed an R11 5 wood for a few years before buying the 913H to replace it and thinking back on it I actually had more success with the R11. I just don't like the idea of a 3 wood and a 5 wood...I'd rather just have a 4 wood and keep a second hybrid in the bag. Maybe a 4 wood/7 wood combo would be nice? I know it's not very 'internet golfer' of me but hey, it could work.

Exact three choices im podering? Have u hit any of them to compare?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I hit the XHP and the RB tour, both felt great. I think I'd be happy with either one! Need to try out the JPX though.... Just have to find a taker for the J40s

I've hit 2 out of the 3 you mentioned, and I"d say the JPX 825 would be a very good match for what you're looking for. The RB tour arent as GI as I think you might like. The 825's being forged is a nice bonus. Long clubs, too.

That is exactly why I will not move on anything until I try the JPXs out... definitely have me interested in a switch.

I hit the XHP and the RB tour, both felt great. I think I'd be happy with either one! Need to try out the JPX though.... Just have to find a taker for the J40s

In 7 days ( and believe me im counting :) ) I will be at a fitter that has all three as an option. Hope this guy isnt any a hurry because I fully intend to wear him out on shaft combination for each of these 3 sets. The goal is to find "the one" and purchase. ..going in just by thought im thing jpx 825 pro, xhot pro then tour...in that order. However the numbers might tell a different story.... so excited..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm going to need a new Callaway 52º wedge to swap out my last "old club" out of my bag.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Tested irons yesterday and I'm really conflicted. Speedblades - super long, decent dispersion, OK feel, most forgiving.
i20 - almost as long as the TMs, better dispersion and good feel!
Bridgestone J40 DPC - a full club shorter, (which makes sense as the lofts are a club shorter) best dispersion, best feel, least forgiving.

Interestingly the pro fit me for standard lie, my last irons were 2* up. I guess impact tape doesn't lie.

Argh, I'm trying to find a LH Mashie 5W online, but every single one I've found has a regular flex shaft in it. That won't do. So I suppose I'm pondering 3W shafts, in case I have to make a swap.

Wish that the Cleveland SmartSquare Putters were in the stores. Would like to try one out, but I think 11/15 is the date.

Wish that the Cleveland SmartSquare Putters were in the stores. Would like to try one out, but I think 11/15 is the date.

Yep, I think we're still 30 days out IIRC.

Wish Tennessee was closer Donne!

Si2 to tinker with.

Pondering a 58 degree Cobra Tour Trusty at the moment...

Argh, I'm trying to find a LH Mashie 5W online, but every single one I've found has a regular flex shaft in it. That won't do. So I suppose I'm pondering 3W shafts, in case I have to make a swap.

I have a LH mashie 5w head only laying around, pm me if you want it

Xhot 9.5 in regular that the PGA Tour Superstore fitter recommended and a toe balanced Odyssey. After my putting yesterday I needed to get looked at and a toe balanced putter in a shorter shaft was just what the doctor ordered.

The pondering over irons is in overdrive! Callaway Apex, Callaway Xhot Pro, Ping S55, TaylorMade SpeedBlades, Cobra AmpCell Pros, this offseason will be full of crazy thoughts I'm sure. Thank god for THP and reviews, although it sometimes makes it hard to decide lol.

I am really pondering those new Cleveland Smart Sole wedges. Any way I can reduce the amount of thinking I have to do on course is a good thing. What is the general consensus on this technology?

The pondering over irons is in overdrive! Callaway Apex, Callaway Xhot Pro, Ping S55, TaylorMade SpeedBlades, Cobra AmpCell Pros, this offseason will be full of crazy thoughts I'm sure. Thank god for THP and reviews, although it sometimes makes it hard to decide lol.

Dude. Ironmageddon!

Jersey Nate,

What shaft are you looking for? I have a 5 wood with an A flex Miyazaki C. Kua shaft that I am looking to sell.

Respond if you are interested.

JimB

Dude. Ironmageddon!
With all this I will certainly be missing not having the outing. Not to mention the awesomeness of that many THPers together for the weekend.....shower pics and all. But yes Ironmaggeddon is on!

I've been sweating the amp cell pros for far too long

I've been sweating the amp cell pros for far too long
And I fully expect to see some great things from Cobra... Call it a hunch, and a mans love of shinny things...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back