The Best Ball Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um... Yes please! If they've found a way to improve on the B330 line, I'm all in. Love me some RX or e5 for that matter.

I cant say much as of yet, but when I asked them if they ever thought about changing the line name, the answer was "this year, since the ball is completely different".

I would say that the rx's are too soft, it comes off very funky from my club, almost like a knuckle ball, think my swing speed is too high for them, That is why I like the TM balls, soft but still alittle firm on longer shots, chrome soft's are good for my swing as well

That is why they make a more solid core ball in the B330 and B330S compared to the RX. For those that want something higher in compression.
Chrome Soft and RX have similar compression, so that part is interesting.

I'm curious, did your round today involve the best ball ever? Or is that something that's going to have to wait until more information can be released?

I cant say much as of yet, but when I asked them if they ever thought about changing the line name, the answer was "this year, since the ball is completely different".

That is both very exciting, and extremely concerning.

That is both very exciting, and extremely concerning.

Not interested in a name change? FWIW, based on the picture they released on instagram that is on the first page, it doesn't look like they did.

I've like playing the B330 line, so if they can improve that, I can't wait to see what they've got hidden up their sleeves. Genuine internal excitement is definitely a good sign.

Why is it concerning?
Not interested in a name change? FWIW, based on the picture they released on instagram that is on the first page, it doesn't look like they did.

Not about the name, it's about changing something I adore. A ball I've committed many rounds to.

Change is often really good. I'm just excited to try them to see what is different.

Not about the name, it's about changing something I adore. A ball I've committed many rounds to.

Change is often really good. I'm just excited to try them to see what is different.

That makes sense. I've found the B330 RX to be an awfully good ball that works well with my swing speed so I'm certainly interested to see what they've come up with. If it doesn't work then back to the B330 RX I go!

Same. The B330 series I think is one of the most, if not the most well rounded series out there. But if they are excited about it, I am too.

And Snedeker already fully switched to it I believe. Which I think is huge.

Edit: here it is, from GG today:

Got some inside info that Brandt is putting new Bridgestone gear into play this week:

Brandt is putting into play the new 2016 TOUR B330 and JGR Driver. Brandt is seeing higher launch and better distance from the new ball off the tee, and much better greenside spin on his approaches. Interestingly, Brandt just started testing the new balls last week, but with the immediate performance improvements he's seen from the new core and cover finish, he's already putting them in play.

That makes sense. I've found the B330 RX to be an awfully good ball that works well with my swing speed so I'm certainly interested to see what they've come up with. If it doesn't work then back to the B330 RX I go!
Same. The B330 series I think is one of the most, if not the most well rounded series out there. But if they are excited about it, I am too.

I've got a lot of confidence in them. It seems like they know what they've got, and won't jeopardize it by wildly changing it just to change it.

The B330 line is phenomenal.

Edit: here it is, from GG today:

When Bridgestone came out with the Hydrocore tech in their ball, Kuchar and I thought Snedeker were real quick to put it in play. I want to say their first event with it was the Ryder Cup?

I've got a lot of confidence in them. It seems like they know what they've got, and won't jeopardize it by wildly changing it just to change it.

The B330 line is phenomenal.

I'm fairly confident that we won't be disappointed, but that's on faith for now. Even if the world is evil and they're not a good fit, think of all the discounted 330s!

That actually brings up a good point. Does this replace the 330 line altogether? Sorry if this is a skim.

That is why they make a more solid core ball in the B330 and B330S compared to the RX. For those that want something higher in compression.
Chrome Soft and RX have similar compression, so that part is interesting.

i didn't realize the RX and chromesoft were close. The chromesoft felt softer to me.

I am an exclusive B330-RX user. Excited to see what the future holds.

Wish my local course offers Bridgestone or even Srixon for that matter, good thing I've got amazon prime. Can't wait to see/hear more about these.

Skim alert: will these by chance be the balls sent out for the balla of the month?

i didn't realize the RX and chromesoft were close. The chromesoft felt softer to me.

I dont think I could tell the difference. For me they felt and performed almost identical.

When they released the 2014 b330 with hydro core, I wondered how they could improve the 2012 ball. This time I'm wondering how they can improve on the 2014 hydro core ball as it is by far my favorite ball

I too am excited to hear more on the new Bridgestone balls !!
Hopefully the news will come sooner than later.

I'll try anything once!

When I turned to the original Spalding Top Flite ball in the early 1970s, I could easily see the difference in playability between it and the wound, balata covered Spalding Dot that I had been using. I tended to hit a high ball, despite being a relatively flat swinger, probably because of excessive spin, and the Top Flite corrected that right away. It was also more consistent from ball to ball and I found myself clubbing myself more accurately. Titleist players used to call it the Rock Flite, but I loved the ball and played it until it went out of production. (This was the original Top Flite with the once standard 336 dimple pattern that everybody used, not the Top Flite XL which I never adopted.)

Today, with the wound ball in the history books and urethane replacing both surlyn and balata, I find that my game is far less ball sensitive. I play the Top Flite Gamer Tour, no longer made by Spalding, purely out of force of habit and familiarity with the name.

When I turned to the original Spalding Top Flite ball in the early 1970s, I could easily see the difference in playability between it and the wound, balata covered Spalding Dot that I had been using. I tended to hit a high ball, despite being a relatively flat swinger, probably because of excessive spin, and the Top Flite corrected that right away. It was also more consistent from ball to ball and I found myself clubbing myself more accurately. Titleist players used to call it the Rock Flite, but I loved the ball and played it until it went out of production. (This was the original Top Flite with the once standard 336 dimple pattern that everybody used, not the Top Flite XL which I never adopted.)

Today, with the wound ball in the history books and urethane replacing both surlyn and balata, I find that my game is far less ball sensitive. I play the Top Flite Gamer Tour, no longer made by Spalding, purely out of force of habit and familiarity with the name.

If you get a chance, get fit at a B-fit event. They let you hit your ball of choice as well as several others and the differences can be quite eye opening.

very curious

I dont think I could tell the difference. For me they felt and performed almost identical.

Off the tee the b330-RX felt a tad harder but distance wise I didn't see any real difference. On iron shots the chromesoft was about 1/2 club shorter. I hit several shots side by side on first 9 holes while playing as a sole after work. Where I missed the green on approach shots by 5-7 yds the b330-RX was on the green.

Excited to hear more. Don't play Bstones balls all that much but really liked the B330 at the Disney event last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back