THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I hope he and I are both. Hs keeps avoiding me when he comes to Maryland.

Must be scurred

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I need to get him up here and change his name to bass bum!

Snip........

PS - even though we're one big family and brothers all around, DMV is still winning in July. :D

Sorry, what are you guys winning? The hugging contest? Cuz it's not going to be RR. Carolina has that on lock, maybe next year you guys can play someone you can beat like Ohio.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Sorry, what are you guys winning? The hugging contest? Cuz it's not going to be RR. Carolina has that on lock, maybe next year you guys can play someone you can beat like Ohio.

They have wonderful meds !to treat delusion now I hear..!

What? Did you say something? I can't hear you over all the grinding going on up here in the DMV... preparation and perspiration... #doinwork

You guys are absolutely crushing this thread! I have really enjoyed catching up each evening. Keep it up but we all know Team DMV is going to take this competition!

Ha! not a chance Juliet!
I have a feeling G$$$ will now forever be known as Juliet! Sorry Greg, you kind of walked into that one. LOL

Curious what all you guys feel about giving or receiving pops?

How do you deal with giving them to a person or a team?

I approach the hole the exact same way regardless of the strokes to start. The real decision comes on the second shot and whether to get aggressive or just play my game.

Do you approach a hole any different if you are giving a stroke?

No, not really. Par and net par are the same so you have to beat your handicap to take the hole. Getting a pop can lead to conservative play and that can backfire on the other person.

And if you expect to get them how do you take advantage of them?

I'd assume I would get one now and again. The main thing is to play your game and it will work itself out. Popped holes are important but don't typically end the match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? Did you say something? I can't hear you over all the grinding going on up here in the DMV... preparation and perspiration... #doinwork

Excellent. You need to put in a lot. :alien:

I think a road trip and practice weekend at the RNK will need to occur. Hopefully I can recruit a couple of my fellow DMVers to join me down there for a while. Maybe some Ryder cup action. Get a feel for the course, the team, and some different formats in matches.

I think a road trip and practice weekend at the RNK will need to occur. Hopefully I can recruit a couple of my fellow DMVers to join me down there for a while. Maybe some Ryder cup action. Get a feel for the course, the team, and some different formats in matches.

I'm game. I can introduce you to Holly after the round.

Sounds like a good time!

Sounds like a good time!

Depending on overall interest I'll take the lead and get us rocking and rolling.

Ok some of you have yet to play in an offiicial THP Event. So here's the 1st hole at Royal New Kent, looking at this how would you play your tee shot, what club, what shape, fade draw, worm burner, stinger..etc.

Let's assume its the White Tees.

Me I'm probably hitting driver, with a bit of a fade, and if all goes well, I'll be to the right of that mound and hopefully far enough way from it that I will have a clear shot to the green. I'm guessing if I have my usual 220 drive, I'll have about 140 to 150 in for the 2nd shot.

hole1.jpg

I am standing on the tee lasering the pin like a boss.

...then punting a ball out to whatever 10 yards more than that corner is.

I'm down for this

Depending on overall interest I'll take the lead and get us rocking and rolling.

Couple of us are playing there on Sunday. Lynchburg14 made the tee time, not sure if all spots are accounted for. Rain in the morning, but it looks like it should clear off for our late morning time. Shot him a PM to see if all the spots are taken or try to get a time around our 11:27 time.

Sounds like a plan. Will do my best to make it

Couple of us are playing there on Sunday. Lynchburg14 made the tee time, not sure if all spots are accounted for. Rain in the morning, but it looks like it should clear off for our late morning time. Shot him a PM to see if all the spots are taken or try to get a time around our 11:27 time.
Yea, I apologize. I can't do sunday. Hope the weather holds out for you guys.

As long as we don't go to street car named desire! And I don't want to hear yo Adrian on the first tee either.

Hey Stella, Hey Stellaaa, Stellaaaaaa

I am standing on the tee lasering the pin like a boss.

...then punting a ball out to whatever 10 yards more than that corner is.

ha ha. Had me saying.....hell yes you are!!! But that's why you shoot the scores you do, you use your length judiciously :D

Light rain rain & 40 degrees in Emmitsburg - great day to go practice on the course in January!

The weather here has not been conducive to play or practice all week, today included. It's probably a good thing, I needed the rest. Tomorrow is looking pretty good, so I'm going to go play with a couple old guys tomorrow. I'll probably play from the forward tees with them so I can work on my long irons and hybrid off the tee.

Starting my range work Monday, weather should be better and the soreness from getting back in the gym should be gone. I can hardly raise my arms right now. Lol

Back