DBM Forged w/ AXE Tour X shafts,,feels like Aaaahhhhhh

Post more pics!

Post more pics!
uploadfromtaptalk1449957254593.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449957273730.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449957291697.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449957314157.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449957333718.jpg

I had these out again today and can't say enough about how accurate they are.
I'm ordering up some 105 g shafts and some 85s. I will install them in identical 7 irons and 4 irons and get some data from a monitor from myself and an ex mini tour player. Should be interesting to see what I find. Direct comparisons between the three weights.

Thanks for the pics, keep us posted on your test results. I foresee a set of these in my future.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I also think those AXE shafts are terrific. Especially for those with tendinitis and such. I found the ball flight to be on the higher side but piercing. The Steelfiber shafts are very expensive and are the same type of shaft..kind of a hybrid between steel and graphite. I had them in a set of Bridgestone j40 dual pockets and that was a sweet combo. great ball feel, comfortable, great dispersion, great ball flight. I had them in the 95 grams version. I think they feel slightly firm to flex. As reference I play to a low single.

Do you have any comments on how the finish wears on these irons? There seems to be quite a bit of language on Golfworks' website about how durable this finish is, but a few threads from 2013 that I came across mention that the finish is very susceptible to bag chatter and such.

Wondering if maybe they changed the finish recently?

I actually just got off the phone with him and he said that the 85 gram shafts are the true sleepers in the line. He also has some new products on the way as well as all new graphics.

is there a new contact number for him because 619-994-1414 is not it according to the girl i just spoke to

Last edited:
I'll ask him if he has a new number. I have his cell and I know he was still going through old emails. I guess he had thousands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Do you have any comments on how the finish wears on these irons? There seems to be quite a bit of language on Golfworks' website about how durable this finish is, but a few threads from 2013 that I came across mention that the finish is very susceptible to bag chatter and such.

I don't have a mark on mine yet. Being forged Carbon they will eventually show bag chatter but mine still look brand new. My Pw went down the driveway about 6' and I ran to it thinking it was going to be all rashes up. Once I wiped away some dust from bouncing on the tar, it was untouched. The 7 iron has way more use than anything else as it was my test iron and again it's like new

A better comparison now that I have thought about this, the Z 745s I had after 6 rounds and as much practice had a look that they were played. Slight signs of bag chatter, few very minor dings. I haven't seen that with the DBM heads as of yet. They are definitely harder than a chrome over forged head. But still being forged unless they are covered are gonna show dings, but based on what I have seen not as bad as chrome.

Current contact info for AXE shafts is
Robinarthur14@gmail.com

If you really need to call him I have his cell number. But he said to start your contact through that email and he will respond.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

AXE shafts are truly amazing. I put a set of the 85 gram (not Tour X) in stiff soft-stepped once, into a set of Adams CB2 irons and holy cow! Compared to the KBS Tour 90's that were originally in them, I had tighter dispersion, better distance, and feel that was off the charts! I have Steelfiber i80's (regular flex) in a set of Callaway Apex irons and these Adams/Axe are twice as good. I was thinking of getting the Tour X in 95 or 105 in stiff and soft-stepping those once also, and put 'em in some Snake Eyes I have coming. The Axe shafts also seem to swing weight better.

AXE shafts are truly amazing. I put a set of the 85 gram (not Tour X) in stiff soft-stepped once, into a set of Adams CB2 irons and holy cow! Compared to the KBS Tour 90's that were originally in them, I had tighter dispersion, better distance, and feel that was off the charts! I have Steelfiber i80's (regular flex) in a set of Callaway Apex irons and these Adams/Axe are twice as good. I was thinking of getting the Tour X in 95 or 105 in stiff and soft-stepping those once also, and put 'em in some Snake Eyes I have coming. The Axe shafts also seem to swing weight better.
Robin Arthur will be joining the forum shortly so any questions should be answered from the horses mouth, I'll be playing with one of the 85 g tour X shafts next week in a hybrid head. Couldn't agree more on how good the whole line is.

282f139817e8f492f944a98890e609c5.jpg
e67826c1ab830f853eb7d3c5875e7423.jpg

A few have asked about bag chatter. Here is the 9 iron. That back of the iron looks untouched. The face shows some signs of ball contact, just a bit to the toe.
This is after 8 rounds and as many range and simulator time. More importantly they were in the truck for a month with my daughter driving. A true acid test. Zero signs of chatter.

He has answered my emails and is a very nice guy to talk with, I am going to try a SWD50 Driver shaft and see what happens. Might be the Holy Grail I have been looking for light weight and low spin, medium launch.

Yeah he was quick to return my e-mail also. He recommended I try the X Tour 95's in those Snake Eyes if inserts don't dampen the feel of the Nippon 1150's that's in 'em now. I have very soft Winn grips on them, but they're still one of the harshest shafts I've ever used. I'll give them a couple rounds with inserts before pulling the trigger.

Yeah he was quick to return my e-mail also. He recommended I try the X Tour 95's in those Snake Eyes if inserts don't dampen the feel of the Nippon 1150's that's in 'em now. I have very soft Winn grips on them, but they're still one of the harshest shafts I've ever used. I'll give them a couple rounds with inserts before pulling the trigger.
Try at least one club with the shaft, you will really be surprised in how it feels. Not like steel, not like graphite.

Do they feel anything like Steelfibers?

He has answered my emails and is a very nice guy to talk with, I am going to try a SWD50 Driver shaft and see what happens. Might be the Holy Grail I have been looking for light weight and low spin, medium launch.

I've tried the SL shafts in a Thriver and a couple fairway woods and they're good, maybe a little too light for me.

Word is the feel is very similar but much less expensive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I do have Steelfiber i80's in some Apex irons and they feel good. Robin told me the Tour X 95's play true to flex, where as the 85's play a touch soft. If I go with the 95's I'll have 'em soft-stepped once.

Great looking set you put together.
Thanks for the contact info and feedback as I am looking to transition to graphite.
More importantly it is good to here his health issues have improved.
Would be fantastic if he started to participate here.

Last edited:
This combo has me very interested.

I have really been jonesin for some PXG 0311 with steelfibers. I spoke to a guy yesterday who has this setup with the DBM and he said he loved these shafts and should look in to them at the price vs performance vs steelfibers. I need to hit his. His DBM loomed great but said he hasn't played that much but went on about the face wear and how it was the best black head he has ever seen. The. I started to think about a PING G with these shafts but not sure there is any good way to go about doing that. Then, the DBM started to appeal to me.

What would you compare these DBM too, forgiving wise?

did you ever try this?

Yep, broke it before I ever hit it. It split in the clamp putting the grip on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back