Big Break 23 - The Palm Beaches (spoilers)

i believe he could get a cart exemption but iirc he walked his pro am round at Humana.

SO has the PGA tour loosened up on their cart stance? Didn't somebody about 15 years ago (named Casey maybe) unsuccessfully try to sue the PGA tour over needing to ride a cart due to his disability.

So Clay. Why? I don't know. It was strange for him to all of a sudden be 'active' in the show. I don't mind the trash talk and trying to get in someone's head. But to wish bad things on your opponent is low class IMO.

~Rock
He missed Brandon.

SO has the PGA tour loosened up on their cart stance? Didn't somebody about 15 years ago (named Casey maybe) unsuccessfully try to sue the PGA tour over needing to ride a cart due to his disability.

Per the internet, he won his case. And I don't think anyone wants the bad publicity of telling a war veteran who lost their leg serving our country that they can't use a cart if they need to.

He missed Brandon.

Admittedly, I'm not always fully focused on the show when it is on, but I don't recall Brandon openly verbalizing his desire for someone to hit it fat or chunky or whatever. However, Brandon can hit his 2 iron 280 yards. Can you?

~Rock

Per the internet, he won his case. And I don't think anyone wants the bad publicity of telling a war veteran who lost their leg serving our country that they can't use a cart if they need to.

I have a gut feeling that a guy like Chad would never consider asking for cart use if he were to make it to the tour, regardless of how much discomfort he had to deal with.

Admittedly, I'm not always fully focused on the show when it is on, but I don't recall Brandon openly verbalizing his desire for someone to hit it fat or chunky or whatever. However, Brandon can hit his 2 iron 280 yards. Can you?

~Rock

I can't help but remember one of Brandons confessionals on the first or second episode... he was talking about how awesome he was hitting the ball on the range and then he actually said ..."And these guys haven't even seen me putt yet"..

I fully expected him to be a guy who never ever missed one inside 25 feet after that...hahaha

I have a gut feeling that a guy like Chad would never consider asking for cart use if he were to make it to the tour, regardless of how much discomfort he had to deal with.

Yea I don't see that happening either. Way too much pride and awesomeness. He's a top notch dude.

Same here, as he is very strong willed and been though much more difficult situations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i believe he did use it in one tournament and then never really played again. Definitely don't think the PGA or any other tour is going to say no to a disabled vet.

I miss Tyler and the mustache.

How the South African guy keeps on the show is beyond me. I think he is clearly the weakest player left.

I miss Tyler and the mustache.

How the South African guy keeps on the show is beyond me. I think he is clearly the weakest player left.

He hasn't played all that well so far in the show but from what I've heard he's actually a lot better than he's shown so far.

Honestly I'd say the weakest ones are either Clay or Chad with Robert being the favourite to win the show

Robert seems to have a ton of confidence, swagger, and game. I wouldn't bet against him.

Robert seems to have a ton of confidence, swagger, and game. I wouldn't bet against him.

He also hits his clubs the furthest which is a huge advantage. I could see him actually sticking around the pro tour a lot easier than most of the other guys simply because distance is just that important these days.

So Clay. Why? I don't know. It was strange for him to all of a sudden be 'active' in the show. I don't mind the trash talk and trying to get in someone's head. But to wish bad things on your opponent is low class IMO.

~Rock

Outside of Chad, Clay was my 2nd favorite... it was kind of funny at first playing with the distances and the wind, but got annoying. Then when he was actually rooting for a guy to chunk it... well, let's just say I wasn't and won't be rooting for him any more.

I am as competitive as the next guy, but I want to beat the other guys, not have them choke.

Overall, Robert seems the strongest player, but I think Richy has some game too.

He hasn't played all that well so far in the show but from what I've heard he's actually a lot better than he's shown so far.

Honestly I'd say the weakest ones are either Clay or Chad with Robert being the favourite to win the show

I'd bet Chad or Clay over him any day in an elimination match.

I really like the way that Richy plays. I feel like a lot of people overlook him, because he isn't outspoken. But I think he has the game to win this and stick around for a little bit on tour.

I'd bet Clay/Chad over Kyle....

Robert is one of the better players IMO.

Oh yea that's better. I thought you were saying over Robert. And I don't know, I wouldn't count Kyle out yet though. Might take Chad over him just because of what chads proven already. But I'd take Kyle over Clay.

I met Robert last week a the Coors Open in Fort Myers. Was walking sunday and saw his name on the tee sheet so rushed over to 16 to watch his last few holes. Course was playing really tough. He shot 70-74 (two day tournament, par 70) Only Derrick Lamely shot under par both days and won in a playoff. One thing that stuck out was on 18, a par 5 Robert hit his tee shot in the water, and drops 330 yard out. Wind at his back he hits 3 iron to about 10 feet. He played pretty average, and I know he wasn't thrilled with his game, but after the round I really wanted to meet him and just ask hims couple questions about the show. He was the NICEST guy. I took a picture with him and he chatted with me for about five minutes. I hope he wins just based on how nice he was.
TL;DR Robert crushes the ball and is a really nice guy.

Last edited:
I met Robert last eek a the Coors Open in Fort Myers. Was walking sunday and saw his name on the tee sheet so rushed over to 16 to watch his last few holes. Course was playing really tough. He shot 70-74 (two day tournament, par 70) Only Derrick Lamely shot under par both days and won in a playoff. One thing that stuck out was on 18, a par 5 Robert hit his tee shot in the water, and drops 330 yard out. Wind at his back he hits 3 iron to about 10 feet. He played pretty average, and I know he wasn't thrilled with his game, but after the round I really wanted to meet him and just ask hims couple questions about the show. He was the NICEST guy. I took a picture with him and he chatted with me for about five minutes. I hope he wins just based on how nice he was.
TL;DR Robert crushes the ball and is a really nice guy.

Cool to hear he's a nice guy and spent some time chatting with you.

Heck of a run Corporal Crush!

Big Break 23 - The Palm Beaches (spoilers)

Sad to see Chad leave, he really put on a heck of a show. A true player , I might even say the most talented yet. A true inspiration to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I figured Chad was going straight to elimination once the final immunity challenge was explained. O well. He had a great run and is a real inspiration.

Back