Big Break 23 - The Palm Beaches (spoilers)

Surprising to see some people not liking the all guy casts. I have been an avid watcher of the Big Break and I feel the coed seasons are trash. Most of the golfers (both men and women) on the coed seasons have been pretty bad golfers, some have "even turned pro to compete on The Big Break" when clearly their game was no where near being good enough.

Now the all men cast's seem to have been much better quality of golfers. This season seems to have some golfers who have some real talent but, based on the meet the players episode, seem to lack the actual mental drive to become a true player on the tour. The one guy who does seem to have that mental edge is Robert Rohanna. He is actually out competing in legit tours and pushing himself. The others, again based on the MTP episode, seem to be "wanting to be pro golfers" all while having the comforts and safety of mom and dad to foot their bills and stroke their egos.

Again my opinion so feel free to roast me. Ultimately it will be interesting to see how this season plays out.

I am anxious to get this season going. I much prefer the gender specific seasons versus the coed seasons from a competition standpoint. The coed seasons are kind of wonky having people competing against each other heads up from different tees during actual golf but playing from the same spots in the challenges, and there's really no way they can incorporate any distance competitions in the coed seasons.

I'm anxious to see if the Bryan brothers trickshot work lends to having an edge in some of the challenges like the glass breaking and the shooting through tight windows and stuff.

And at this point I will refrain from naming names, but I already have a feeling that I know which guy I am not going to like from a personality, arrogant, Anthony-esque standpoint. I will wait until the players actually compete and interact before I decide for sure about this dude.

And I can handle no women competitors for a whole season since MC is back to co-host. Not saying she really contributes anything commentary wise, but she does contribute in other ways.

Not sure about having brothers on the same episode.

I'm really excited about that aspect actually. Not for any reason specifically, I just think it's a cool twist.

I think this one will be fun to watch since I know a couple of the course. I still wish they went back to it being a true "big break"

I'll be following along as well. Thought the "Meet the Players" episode was pretty interesting. I've already got a few front runners in mind.

Pulling for the Bryan brothers. My 10yr. old son takes golf lessons at their golf center from their dad George. George IV and Wesley are usually there practicing on Saturday mornings and the sister is there when she is home from school, she plays golf at the College Of Charleston. I spoke with George a week ago and he says that they did the show back in Sept. and the hardest thing has been keeping quiet about the results, so many people asking how they did and can't say a word about it.

Watching meet the players I have 2 I am only interested in watching play this season. Maybe watching the playing episodes will change my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That meet the players episode was really well done. I enjoyed that more than all of last season. Welcome back Melanie Collins

That meet the players episode was really well done. I enjoyed that more than all of last season. Welcome back Melanie Collins

Might be the best part brotha

I just finished the meet the players episode. It looks like a strong cast this season, I will definitely be watching.
You hear this a lot. And once the season starts everyone says, "these people suck". Don't think it will be any different this year.

Some of them have been great Tommy Gannie ,MR. Sanchez and more I think I would like to see more golf and less trick shots.:dont-know:

You hear this a lot. And once the season starts everyone says, "these people suck". Don't think it will be any different this year.
Maybe, but I still think it looks like they've got more talented golfers this time around.

one of the better meet the player shows so far. interested to see how the Bryan Bros do, pulling for Chad Pfeifer, Iraq war vet with a prosthetic left leg. He has some serious game.

one of the better meet the player shows so far. interested to see how the Bryan Bros do, pulling for Chad Pfeifer, Iraq war vet with a prosthetic left leg. He has some serious game.
Yeah I'm going to be pulling for Chad. Living room got a little dusty when his story came up.

I spoke with George a week ago and he says that they did the show back in Sept. and the hardest thing has been keeping quiet about the results, so many people asking how they did and can't say a word about it.

Can you even begin to imagine how hard it would be to keep quiet about a reality show you had just been involved in. Nevermind the people on the Bachelor and Celebrity Apprentice having to bite their tongues when they want to brag or make excuses....I'm talking about shows that actually mean something to the people....like Big Break...and how hard it would have to be.

Lets say you got eliminated very early in the show....how hard would it be to keep your lip zipped instead of going ahead and preparing your friends and family for disappointment. Or how badly you would want to set the stage ahead of time and have a list of excuses a mile long already in peoples heads.

Somebody that makes it to the end but doesn't win.....so tough not to share with somebody how close you came, or how that one bad shot of yours/hero shot of theirs was what killed your chance.

And if you won the whole thing....wouldn't you wake up every morning wanting to tell the world? I can't imagine winning something that cool and having to sit on it for months. But thats a burden I would love to carry...hahaha

Yeah I'm going to be pulling for Chad. Living room got a little dusty when his story came up.

yeah. i had the privilege to play with some wounded warriors back in 2004-2007 in a tournament benefiting Fisher House. Very humbling experience.

Boom locked in and ready to go! Not sure who I'm rooting for this time around!

Hellooooo Melanie.

To think that 40 (should've been 42) THPers played where they are right after this taping. Pretty darn cool. I dunked it in the water behind the glass!

To think that 40 (should've been 42) THPers played where they are right after this taping. Pretty darn cool. I dunked it in the water behind the glass!
That looks like Champ #16.

Just a difference with this Big Break. Can't seem to put my finger on it.

Back