Big Break 23 - The Palm Beaches (spoilers)

I have to say I love watching this one. Playing two of the courses there at the PGA and being able to remember the holes they are playing and where I played from on those holes is pretty cool to watch

I'm all for Chad and hope he gets as far as possible this season (how couldn't you), but the difference between his distance and the field is a lot more than 25 yards. And the rest of the field isn't spraying the ball. Chad was getting 230 with his driver tops it looked like, and the field was getting 270/290 at least, with a couple over 300, and not far off line. It's going to put him at a huge disadvantage on long par 4's and par 5's once they start playing full holes later in the show. He got away with it last elimination challenge because the hole itself was only what...like 380 that they used? Anything accuracy wise I wouldn't count him out against anyone, but unfortunately I think there is going to come a point where his lack of length off the tee puts him in danger again like last episode. Until then though, I hope he keeps showing how good he really is.

I was wondering - if Chad had lost his right leg instead, would he be able to hit it farther? I would think so, just based on watching Martin Chuck & other guys hit one-legged shots using trackman. I'm definitely pulling for Chad - and as if I needed another reason, he was rocking an Indians cap during the interviews! (Wounded Warrior AND a Tribe fan? Hasn't he suffered enough already?)

I was wondering - if Chad had lost his right leg instead, would he be able to hit it farther? I would think so, just based on watching Martin Chuck & other guys hit one-legged shots using trackman. I'm definitely pulling for Chad - and as if I needed another reason, he was rocking an Indians cap during the interviews! (Wounded Warrior AND a Tribe fan? Hasn't he suffered enough already?)

Obviously losing either leg is going to cause you to lose distance. if it would have been his right leg he might be able to transfer his weight through the ball onto his left side, but he also wouldn't be able to load up any power onto his right side on his back swing. So not sure if he would gain anything, but it's possible. Does a hell of a lot with what he does have and he does it with a hell of a better attitude than most would though.

Obviously losing either leg is going to cause you to lose distance. if it would have been his right leg he might be able to transfer his weight through the ball onto his left side, but he also wouldn't be able to load up any power onto his right side on his back swing. So not sure if he would gain anything, but it's possible. Does a hell of a lot with what he does have and he does it with a hell of a better attitude than most would though.

Amen to this. It's hard not to root for the guy. Apart from the military service & sacrifice issue, his attitude is outstanding. I like to show my students examples like this when they whine about first-world problems (too hot, too cold, it's too hard! etc.). He definitely can teach lessons in manning up.

As much as I am a fan of Chad and I'm rooting for him, I just don't think he'll be able to win it in the end. He is a phenomenal example to all of us and what a person can accomplish if you set your mind to it regardless.

It's kind of a mantra isn't it?
"Safe and onto the next show"

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Tyler aggravated me this episode. I can't believe he picked Chad again. I know he played it off as respect and he's got a good game, but it came off as duplicitous to me. I think he picked him because even though he's beat 3 others he felt he was a weaker player. And then to call the other guy "Chickensh!t" for thanking him for not picking him was the icing on the cake. Chickensh!t was picking a guy with one leg who's been to every elimination with no break on the show at all. As much as Ive enjoyed watching Tyler, he got what he had coming to him.

Maybe these guys will realize picking Chad (under par in elimination challenges) isn't a good idea. Tyler got what he asked for and looked like a fish out of water on the second hole.

I missed the episode, keep picking Chad and your heading home that episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler aggravated me this episode. I can't believe he picked Chad again. I know he played it off as respect and he's got a good game, but it came off as duplicitous to me. I think he picked him because even though he's beat 3 others he felt he was a weaker player. And then to call the other guy "Chickensh!t" for thanking him for not picking him was the icing on the cake. Chickensh!t was picking a guy with one leg who's been to every elimination with no break on the show at all. As much as Ive enjoyed watching Tyler, he got what he had coming to him.

I don't know...I'm glad he picked Chad. It probably wasn't fun for him, but I enjoy watching him knock everyone out.

Don't mess with Chad!!

Tyler....NOOOOOOO. I thought he was a pretty funny guy. They should keep him on for commentary. And Chad, just wow. That guy doesnt flinch under pressure.

~Rock

Glad to see Tyler go, only because he was stupid enough to pick Chad again. Should have went for the old man instead. Good job Chad!!

Sad to see 3 of the 4 most interesting cast members already gone. Both Bryan brothers and Tyler now. I hope they make a reunion season with those 3. Oh well, go Chad!

Wait. When I decide someone is my favorite they are eliminated in the next episode. Let's see....

Go Brandon!

My man Chad again! Boom!!! I will be sad to see Tyler go he is a funny guy

Tyler was an interesting guy. Guess he picked the wrong guy to challenge.

I'm all for Chad and hope he gets as far as possible this season (how couldn't you), but the difference between his distance and the field is a lot more than 25 yards. And the rest of the field isn't spraying the ball. Chad was getting 230 with his driver tops it looked like, and the field was getting 270/290 at least, with a couple over 300, and not far off line. It's going to put him at a huge disadvantage on long par 4's and par 5's once they start playing full holes later in the show. He got away with it last elimination challenge because the hole itself was only what...like 380 that they used? Anything accuracy wise I wouldn't count him out against anyone, but unfortunately I think there is going to come a point where his lack of length off the tee puts him in danger again like last episode. Until then though, I hope he keeps showing how good he really is.
I've thought many of the same things - great story and you can't help but root for him. But the lack of distance puts him at a disadvantage in the competitions and means it's not realistic to think he's ever going to play on tour even if he manages to win the show.

I've thought many of the same things - great story and you can't help but root for him. But the lack of distance puts him at a disadvantage in the competitions and means it's not realistic to think he's ever going to play on tour even if he manages to win the show.

This is getting tiring picking the guy with one leg to get beaten by the guy in the elimination.

Realistically, how many of the contestants have made it to the tour from this show?

Pretty bummed that Tyler got eliminated. Such a cool guy! Also just goes to show you how precious one single shot can be in these types of competitions. Maybe now these guys will stop picking on Corporal Crush.

Agreed!

This is getting tiring picking the guy with one leg to get beaten by the guy in the elimination.

Realistically, how many of the contestants have made it to the tour from this show?

A few. Tony Finau. Tommy Gainey. Matt Every.

Did anybody else notice the quality of play across the board last night? My gosh.... I don't think there has ever been a flop wall challenge that was so well played by the whole cast. Wasn't there only 1 or 2 shots out of 12 that were outside 10 feet? And nearly half the shots inside 3 feet. Pretty impressive challenge.

And yeah, I am tired of seeing these guys pick Chad for elimination.... but honestly if he ended up in every one of them and knocked every other player off the show how cool would that be.

I guess I don't see the big deal with picking Chad. I love the guy but these guys are there to win and if they feel he's the weakest link they gotta go that way.

Love seeing Chad knock them off though!

I laughed my arse off at Tyler during the post show follow up. This was my first episode watching it.

I laughed my arse off at Tyler during the post show follow up. This was my first episode watching it.
You and Tyler would be pals I think Bill.

A couple. More so on the ladies side of things I believe. But Tony Finau was on Big Break and he's doing pretty well this year.

Back