The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He broke what was at the time the cardinal rule of baseball. He is a hall of fame player, but he won't ever get in.

Agree completely, plus he agreed to be placed on the ineligible list. Later he decided he didn't like that agreement so much. But that is the agreement he made.

It's a shame he had to do it, because he is one of the best hitters to ever play.

Same thing with Barry Bonds, different breaking of the rules, but will result in the same end of not getting into the hall.

Shame too, that they did it to themselves. The players with two of the most revered career records not in the Hall.

He broke what was at the time the cardinal rule of baseball. He is a hall of fame player, but he won't ever get in.

And continues to lie about it.... lie and get caught!

I agree. The penalty is a lifetime ban not a 30 year ban. Posthumously letting him in the HOF is fine by me, but not a minute before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the fact he did his press conference from Las Vegas addressing Manfred's decision is quite telling to me. Pete refuses to admit all his evils and clean up his act so baseball will continue to uphold the ban (and rightfully so IMO).

And the fact he did his press conference from Las Vegas addressing Manfred's decision is quite telling to me. Pete refuses to admit all his evils and clean up his act so baseball will continue to uphold the ban (and rightfully so IMO).

He admitted (after originally lying) that he still bets on baseball. Hrs free to do so, but it seems pretty apparent that he had a gambling addiction, and the fact that he continues to lie tells us that we probably can't trust that he never bet against his team.

And continues to lie about it.... lie and get caught!

he hasn't stopped betting either. He doesn't think there is an issue. It's a shame, also heard there is evidence he did it as a player too. One argument is that he could be allowed in as a player unless the gambling while a player is true...since for now it's while he was a manager

The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Next post has the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frazier goes from the Reds to the White Sox in a 3 team trade that also moves some young players most of us have never heard of.

Are the Dodgers going to keep these guys are is this a prelude to something big, like getting Fernandez from the Marlins?

Frazier goes from the Reds to the White Sox in a 3 team trade that also moves some young players most of us have never heard of.

Are the Dodgers going to keep these guys are is this a prelude to something big, like getting Fernandez from the Marlins?
I hate giving up Trayce Thompson

Wish tribe would have gotten frazier havent had a good 3B in a really long time

Wish tribe would have gotten frazier havent had a good 3B in a really long time
We know that feeling on the south side

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

nationals get phillips from cincy

nationals get phillips from cincy
Not yet. Seeing reports that there are multiple hurdles to finalize deal.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

just the pesky no trade clause lol

Cardinals got Mike Leake. 5 Years 80 Mil full no trade clause.

I am pleased with the signing. They had to do something with Lynn going down.

Wainwright
Martinez
Wacha
Leake
Jaime Garcia

Pretty solid rotation. Now Mo needs to go get Gordon or Cespedes

Cardinals got Mike Leake. 5 Years 80 Mil full no trade clause.

I am pleased with the signing. They had to do something with Lynn going down.

Wainwright
Martinez
Wacha
Leake
Jaime Garcia

Pretty solid rotation. Now Mo needs to go get Gordon or Cespedes

solid signing and for a reasonable price

solid signing and for a reasonable price

Yep. Can't afford to stand pat in that division anymore. I will be interested to see if they make a move for an impact bat. I have heard Holiday has been taking ground balls at 1B, which to me could signal they are in on Cespedes or Gordon. I would prefer one of them to Davis as Piscotty can easily play 1B as well.

TOTALLY missed the Indians signing Napoli to a 1 year deal $7M.

Awesome, finally spend money and its on a hurt player, I can tell you how this ends...

TOTALLY missed the Indians signing Napoli to a 1 year deal $7M.

Awesome, finally spend money and its on a hurt player, I can tell you how this ends...

I had no idea either. He provides some pop if healthy.. Not sure this signing makes sense, but I am not sure. If they think they are contending for a playoff spot he might be able to help them with that push

I had no idea either. He provides some pop if healthy.. Not sure this signing makes sense, but I am not sure. If they think they are contending for a playoff spot he might be able to help them with that push

The only problem I have is, hes not a catcher anymore so between him and Santana we have 2 guys that can play 1B, DH and THATS IT, makes it tough to spell other guys here and there ya know

Im still pissed they couldnt get frazier or a freaking OF

At the moment here are the guys that will be available to start opening day in the OF:

Joey Butler, Collin Cowgill, Rajai Davis, Abraham Almonte and Lonnie Chisenhall

Turd city!

Oh wow that's awful. Matt Holliday for Carrasco?

ehh, tough call, ideally if they are going to part with SP it needs to be on a injury free guy, BUT they may not be able to be too picky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back