DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gents,

I'm going to be visiting Dallas for a few days working a convention Nov. 1st - 4th. Sadly I won't have time for golf but I'm looking for tips on restaurants and things to do downtown in the evenings. I'll be staying at a Homewood suites on Elm st that has just opened.

I'll be arriving around 10:30am and will head straight to the convention center to setup. Should be done by 1:00 and I plan on heading over to Dealy Plaza to do the museum.

Anything else you can recommend to see downtown that afternoon evening?

I'll have Saturday and Sunday evenings free as well after 6pm. As well as a few hours Monday morning to sight see.

Hope this doesn't clutter up your golf thread. Figured I'd ask the experts that live in D. If this is in the way I can start a new thread.

Probably no more than $100 per person, unless it's a 'bucket list' kind of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Tribute and Old American will cost you $125-150 without any deals. They are great courses. Justin Leonard helped design the Old American.

Frisco Lakes and Trails of Frisco are great options too. Probably about $50-70 without a deal to play. I give the nod to Frisco Lakes. Great back 9 they have.

Coyote Ridge is a nice option for about $50ish. Another great back 9.

Also check Castle Hills. They are all inclusive for about $150 but might be closer to $100 if you don't do the inclusive part. Great track.

Hi Gents,

I'm going to be visiting Dallas for a few days working a convention Nov. 1st - 4th. Sadly I won't have time for golf but I'm looking for tips on restaurants and things to do downtown in the evenings. I'll be staying at a Homewood suites on Elm st that has just opened.

I'll be arriving around 10:30am and will head straight to the convention center to setup. Should be done by 1:00 and I plan on heading over to Dealy Plaza to do the museum.

I'll have Saturday and Sunday evenings free as well after 6pm. As well as a few hours Monday morning to sight see.

Hope this doesn't clutter up your golf thread. Figured I'd ask the experts that live in D. If this is in the way I can start a new thread.

Stars play the Avs at American Airlines center that Friday night.....always a good time and could probably scalp right before.

Capital Grill at the Crescent Hotel is a very nice steak house.

Hi Gents,

Here are a couple off the top of my head

http://www.reuniontower.com/geo-dec...oogle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid+search

http://www.nashersculpturecenter.org/

Nice place to eat
http://www.dakotasrestaurant.com/

The Stars game is a nice tip! I didn't even think of NHL. Would be a treat since we don't have Hockey in Atlanta anymore.

Hi Gents,

Enjoy your trip to Dallas, some foodie tips for downtown/uptown:

Stephan Pyles for great food from a well known local chef, I'd also recommend his version of a barbecue joint, Stampede 66.

A nice steak downtown can be had at Bob's Steak and Chop House - the new one in the Omni is a bit sleepy, the original is in Uptown on Lamar. If you want local flavor I would recommend going to Al Bernat's in Highland Park - just North of Uptown. Another Uptown option for steak is Nick & Sam's, don't get sucked into Nick & Sam's Grill, the concept falls flat.

Many great food choices

Ideal Golfer has the Firewheel Bridges course for $32. I definitely want to do this one. Who else is in?

Valid Sunday-Friday ANYTIME and Saturday after 12 PM
Closed Tuesday
Expires 12-22-2013
Not valid on Holidays; Blackout Dates 11/28-29
Cannot be combined with other offers, discounts, leagues or events
Limit 4 per person, can purchase up to 4 additional as gifts

PRICE INCLUDES : 1 Round on the Bridges Course, cart, GPS & taxes.

Hi Gents,

Not sure what they'll have going on those days but if you have time, check out The Foundry on Commerce Street. It's a pretty neat bar with a bunch of local brews.

http://cs-tf.com/wordpress/about/

Easy looking tee shot on 18. Yeah right.

Ideal Golfer has the Firewheel Bridges course for $32. I definitely want to do this one. Who else is in?

Valid Sunday-Friday ANYTIME and Saturday after 12 PM
Closed Tuesday
Expires 12-22-2013
Not valid on Holidays; Blackout Dates 11/28-29
Cannot be combined with other offers, discounts, leagues or events
Limit 4 per person, can purchase up to 4 additional as gifts

PRICE INCLUDES : 1 Round on the Bridges Course, cart, GPS & taxes.

Quoting myself. Anyone else interested?

I probably will be in cookie, let me look again when I get off the course

I probably will be in cookie, let me look again when I get off the course

Cool, I think it would definitely be worth the drive. Plus the restrictions are minimal. This is supposed to the "crown jewel" of their 27 holes.

Where is this course located?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

#Cookie, what day and time are you planning to play?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

No idea yet, it's good for a couple of months. Probably a weekend afternoon.

No idea yet, it's good for a couple of months. Probably a weekend afternoon.

Count me in, let me know the date and time and I'll be there. Looking forward to teeing it up with you again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count me in, let me know the date and time and I'll be there. Looking forward to teeing it up with you again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good, did you go and purchase the deal on Ideal golfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back