Callaway XR16 Driver Review Thread

put this into play today without a range session. I freaking loved this club for me. Straight and long. Only had 8 drives with it but averaged 230 with a couple pokes out past 250. I didnt feel like I had a ton of great swings but it was forgiving. A little lower ball flight then I liked, so I will need to figure that out. I would love to try the 13.5 head or work to get it fitted. I am not good with tinking, especially with the callaway adaptor so I think I am going to go in and work with a fitter.

Continue to love this driver. Only missed 1 fairway with this one yesterday and that was trying to cut off too much of a dogleg. Getting a nice baby draw with it with a mid-high flight. Paired with the chrome soft I really like the feel. Very glad I made the switch.

Broken record ALERT upcoming..................

Another ridiculous driving round in the books and I'm running out of adjectives to use in this thread when describing my driving game right now. 9 of 11 fairways and the 2 missed still left me with shots to the green. I'm just glad other people in here are witnessing the same things themselves. And on a side note, the UST Mamiya Elements Platinum shaft is so awesome in this head. So stable even on mishits or loose swings. Best driver/shaft combo I've ever played with so far in my golfing career.

Another ridiculous driving round in the books and I'm running out of adjectives to use in this thread when describing my driving game right now. 9 of 11 fairways and the 2 missed still left me with shots to the green. I'm just glad other people in here are witnessing the same things themselves. And on a side note, the UST Mamiya Elements Platinum shaft is so awesome in this head. So stable even on mishits or loose swings. Best driver/shaft combo I've ever played with so far in my golfing career.

I can only imagine the bombs off the tee you are hitting now. You able to flight the ball easier with Xr16 over the 915?

Would love to see some of those bombs in person again someday. I'm glad that it's such a consistent beastly combo for you!

I can only imagine the bombs off the tee you are hitting now. You able to flight the ball easier with Xr16 over the 915?

Pretty sure. I try for a mid flight most of the time but if I stay back and behind it a little longer I can increase it a bit higher. its just so much more forgiving than before.

Really good looking club. I want to compare it to my DBB.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit some great drives with this at Club Clash this weekend so far. It'll be coming home with me thankfully, so I'll have some good feedback to add to this thread.

I'm buying one of these this week. To hell with the cost.

From the sounds of it don't see that as a bad idea. I'm psyched to get this in play, not being able to snag one for the round today. May play tomorrow if the weather and my body cooperate.

7bc3f4f54184123284561e8e69f80b27.jpg

Hello new friend. Welcome to the bag. Get ready for #beagsbombs

Agreed, I'm in a bit of a ponder on it. That sucker is long and would have been my #1 choice for a driver. You and the regular XR were just stupid stupid long.

Good news is that it's on the cheap side for drivers. Glad to hear the excitement about this one.

Took this one out on course for the first time today. This, along with the Heavenwood, was one of the only bright spots in the round today. I had 3 drives that I GPS'ed at 260+, which is not something I see all that often. My big concern based on the numbers I saw on the monitor when I was trying out the head was the spin, but into the wind I was really happy with the performance. Club does seem to want to go left, but not crazy so.

Looking forward to getting this club dialed in.

Target. Acquired.

What I did with this yesterday was pretty filthy at times, so an acquisition had to happen.

I so want the XR16!!! What an incredible driver. I am probably going to have to wait until it is on CPO before I can pull the trigger, but make no mistake it shall be mine!!!

Playing this Sunday with some THP'ers and can't wait to hit this beast for 18 more holes. After watching the club clash, I might even use it on par 3's now!

Ok, not really, just a thought. :D

With the results I have been getting with my current driver I may be nuts to keep looking at others, but reading this thread, the club clash thread, and my initial results with this club, makes me want to keep trying it out.

a0f239812ebedff2a154f003b7fdc49d.jpg

Soon.

So the million dollar question now comes back to shaft. REALLY enjoyed the stock Speeder so that is a thought, but I look over at this #TheGrandaddy PX LZ HC 6.5 and can't help but think...oh hell yes.

So the million dollar question now comes back to shaft. REALLY enjoyed the stock Speeder so that is a thought, but I look over at this #TheGrandaddy PX LZ HC 6.5 and can't help but think...oh hell yes.

I vote that pairing. That sounds fun.

Back