2016 Super Bowl Contest & Thread

I completely missed the interviews. I'm sure I will hear all about it today.

The Broncos the D was absolutely dominant today. I didn't think they would be able to do that to Carolina.

Living here in South Chicagoland for well over a decade.Seeing these rants are nothing new at all.You have African Americans that are respectful.Than you have a huge majority that act like this all the time.Its sad really, very sad.Not being racist at all,but it happens everywhere.And they personally see nothing wrong with it at all

Seems like the Broncos defense was less than impressed by Cam.

Just saw the press conference stuff and it confirms exactly why I have never liked Cam and will probably never cheer for him. Sore loser

Man just watched that interview, you are supposed to be a professional. Show a tad bit of class.

Man just watched that interview, you are supposed to be a professional. Show a tad bit of class.
For me, if he was salty all the time, even after a win, no big deal. But to celebrate like he does and then say, "don't like it, stop me." Then act like a man when they stop you.

I cant wait to see Stephen A Smith defend the actions today and call everybody a racist.

I went to bed as soon as Peyton kissed Papa John and missed all that jazz. Looks like I should have stayed awake a bit longer.

I'm leaning on the edge of the fence on this one. I sort of like his saltiness as I hate the cookie-cutter, say all the right things, emotionless post game interview. I like to see guys who are actually upset when they lose instead of giving that "I'm a millionaire" grin and the rehearsed answers. Reggie Miller comes to mind as a guy who was devastated after every big loss, and I respect the way he played the game. Cam might have taken it a step too far, but this was his first big game and I bet he learns from it. (For the record... I don't care for Newton in general)

I cant wait to see Stephen A Smith defend the actions today and call everybody a racist.

It's amazing the amount of words that can make you a racist , you can add "boy" to the list of banned words now.

Just saw the press conference stuff and it confirms exactly why I have never liked Cam and will probably never cheer for him. Sore loser

I've been rooting for him this year and I was very disappointed in his actions there it's what gives all the Naysayers the ammo, hopefully Ron or someone close to him can show him that he looked like a tool and he can learn from it.

Pretty sure the only racist there is Stephen A Smith

I'm leaning on the edge of the fence on this one. I sort of like his saltiness as I hate the cookie-cutter, say all the right things, emotionless post game interview. I like to see guys who are actually upset when they lose instead of giving that "I'm a millionaire" grin and the rehearsed answers. Reggie Miller comes to mind as a guy who was devastated after every big loss, and I respect the way he played the game. Cam might have taken it a step too far, but this was his first big game and I bet he learns from it. (For the record... I don't care for Newton in general)
Ummm...no it was not Cam's first big game. Just the first big fan he lost.

Want to see how it's done? Watch Russell Wilson's post game interview from last year.

I can respect not wanting to see robotics. The problem is the buildup. You cannot be the player that taunts and celebrates all year long with the quote "If you dont like it, stop it" and then when someone does you say "Im taking my ball and going home".

I could careless if he's salty while up there, but stay up there.

Could not play with a guy like that. He's suppose to be the leader?.....ha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ummm...no it was not Cam's first big game. Just the first big fan he lost.

Want to see how it's done? Watch Russell Wilson's post game interview from last year.
That is exactly the type of interview I don't want to see. "You gotta give credit to the other team... we'll get them next time... we've got a great group of guys that I love and respect" sure, it epitomizes professionalism, but it is boring and sounds scripted/fake. I'm not saying Newton shouldn't reign it in a little bit, as he came off as a crybaby, but at least he came off as genuine.

That is exactly the type of interview I don't want to see. "You gotta give credit to the other team... we'll get them next time... we've got a great group of guys that I love and respect" sure, it epitomizes professionalism, but it is boring and sounds scripted/fake. I'm not saying Newton shouldn't reign it in a little bit, as he came off as a crybaby, but at least he came off as genuine.
He came off as a genuine crybaby.

Russ's press conference wasn't that scripted. What it was an example of how to handle yourself immediately after throw an interception from the 1 yard line in the last 10 seconds of a Super Bowl. How to be disappointed and still be grown up

I can respect not wanting to see robotics. The problem is the buildup. You cannot be the player that taunts and celebrates all year long with the quote "If you dont like it, stop it" and then when someone does you say "Im taking my ball and going home".
I can agree with this... there is a way to lose, and this certainly wasn't it. Had he given some emotional Tebow speech before walking out instead of pouting people would find it a little more palatable.

I've been rooting for him this year and I was very disappointed in his actions there it's what gives all the Naysayers the ammo, hopefully Ron or someone close to him can show him that he looked like a tool and he can learn from it.

Pretty sure the only racist there is Stephen A Smith

Maybe his mom can have an influence. I read an article that said she got on him for his actions and celebrations in the Tennessee game.

I can agree with this... there is a way to lose, and this certainly wasn't it. Had he given some emotional Tebow speech before walking out instead of pouting people would find it a little more palatable.

And it wasnt just the walk out. The entire interview was just "whoa is me".
If you dont want to be PC, dont be PC. Throw a fit, say you played like ****ing garbage, call players out, do anything.
But the head down 1 word answers and then walking out says less about robotic and more about "Im a selfish ****ing child".
I dont think anybody would say "Act as if", but these were his own words "Dont like it, stop me" (paraphrasing) and when someone did, he was a little b*tch about it.

Marshawn Lynch retired during the Super Bowl. Simple picture on Twitter with cleats hanging on a power line

Marshawn Lynch retired during the Super Bowl. Simple picture on Twitter with cleats hanging on a power line

Play right out of the Tiger Woods handbook. If they are not talking about you, make them.

Play right out of the Tiger Woods handbook. If they are not talking about you, make them.
I think it's better than some press conference though where someone else reads his letter he wrote

anybody can have a bad game but you have to own what you did or did not do on the field.

after the game, cam newton proved to me and the rest of the world what he is, and who he is!

Did I hear that correctly, Tony Dungy is in the HOF, but Jimmy Johnson and George Seifert aren't?

Back