Anyone on here find success from cutting their driver down from stock length???

I want the largest potential arc I can control. 45" is a pretty good length for me. I would go up to 46" if I was brave enough.

Yep. I went the other way from the OP. I am playing a 47" driver and having good results with it.

I recently went to a 45.5" with a 75g shaft and hit it straighter than my former driver which was 44.5 and 60g shaft.

I tried it once and it was an awful experience on the course and a complete waste of a shaft I loved. I'll stick to my 45/46 inch length.

I cut both of mine to 44.5" and dropped the SW from D2 to C8 on my gamer. I prefer it lighter because I can swing it faster. The weight of the club head doesn't change, the MOI doesn't change. There does seem to be a point of diminishing returns though at about 44" when I start losing club head speed.

44.5" here. Heavier shaft and lead tape to Bring swing weight back up. It has helped me a lot.
FWIW, I cut my 4w down to 42.5" from 43", and it wasn't a big difference. On that one I sent it back to ping to have SW adjusted, so that's an option too. I can't remember what they charged, 30 or 40 bucks I think. I just remember it seemed like a lot so when I got my current driver, back to the lead tape method.

That was one of my "science projects" last year. I cut down a driver shaft to 44 inches. It didn't work out too good.

I had a couple of Nike drivers (see my sig) cut to 44" and then hot melt to D3 early last year.

In terms of results, I drove the ball better last year than ever in my life and at the end of the year was 80%+ FIR. I probably gave up 10 yards on average but my ball striking was more consistent and I was much more confident on the tee. Confident enough that if I had a long carry (say 230-240) over a bunker or water, I was comfortable taking it on.

Used a PGA pro in Little Rock who played a couple of times on the Champions tour and also was a tech for Adams on that tour for many years. He did fantastic work at a very fair price..

Anyone on here find success from cutting their driver down from stock length???
Yes, I have. I previously cut down a 12* Ping G10 and created a FW finder. Because I'm a tinkerer I eventually moved on. I then cut down my R1 and created a longer FW finder. But because I wanted to get the lost yardage back I moved on to a full length driver. I currently have a Big Bertha (9* moved up to 11*) shafted with a Hand Crafted Project X shaft pulled from a BB Mini (ie, just longer than 3w distance). I created this club with the idea that I wanted a safe driver available to me during those times when my swing was off and couldn't hit the full length driver. It mostly hasn't seen the course because I'm mostly pretty confident in my current driver.
What did you do about swing weight, if anything?
I never worried about swing weight with any of the three experiments. Personally, I never felt the difference.
Did it work? Are you happy w/ the results?
Yes, it worked. I was happy until I wasn't happy any longer. By that I mean there is a distance trade off. Distances are somewhere between my regular 3w and driver.

They get cut down to 45.25 inches and I grip down when I want more control, and off the first tee.

I remove a half inch from all my drivers and some three woods so that they're always 45 and 43 inches. I make more consistent contact at those lengths.

I always add lead tape to my clubs but will throw on a little extra to make up for the loss of swing weight when cutting down shafts.

I've tried it but in the end didn't like it due to loss of distance. Now I'm hitting the AeroBurner at stock 45.5 and loving it. These drivers are perfectly balanced, better to leave well enough alone.

Recently got mine cut down to 44.5" and have loved it since. Gives me more confidence to take a full cut at the ball versus having to dial down the swing at 45.75" to control it. Last round out was the best driving round I've ever had, was centering virtually every drive and picked up 10-20yrds on every hole from the better contact.

I started cutting mine down about a year and a half ago and I don't know if it's mental or mechanical, but I have noticed an improvement in my distance and accuracy. In my mind I don't feel like I need to turn as much to get the club to where it feels right at the top. Now whether a 1/2" is going to make that big of a difference, I don't know. But I do know that it's been working for me so I've stuck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back