THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

This is your King!

I will be playing a round at RNK this Spring. Not sure of the details yet but it will be happening and I can't wait to do a little scouting for Team DMV

Good to know

Good to know

Let's play around with the dates and get it on the schedule. I can check with the wife and will send some dates over to you this weekend.

Throwing it out again for any DMV guys that want to play Musket Ridge tomorrow with the capt and myself, around 1030. I will make the tee time later tonight around 8ish
I would love to cause thats one of my favorite courses in the area. My company tournament is held there every year. I will be playing River Marsh tomorrow at 930. Enjoy it guys and hit'em straight.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Throwing it out again for any DMV guys that want to play Musket Ridge tomorrow with the capt and myself, around 1030. I will make the tee time later tonight around 8ish

My buddy already paid for my spot at Whiskey tomorrow. If I had known a day earlier I definitely would have been in! I love Musket Ridge - WC and Musket are 1-2 for me!

My buddy already paid for my spot at Whiskey tomorrow. If I had known a day earlier I definitely would have been in! I love Musket Ridge - WC and Musket are 1-2 for me!

no worries, plenty if time to get back there this year. I plan to play musket and WC this year.

no worries, plenty if time to get back there this year. I plan to play musket and WC this year.

Hopefully we get out as a twosome. Play around with some formats a bit. And play our own ball

Hopefully we get out as a twosome. Play around with some formats a bit. And play our own ball
As prep for the event, I almost suggested to semann777 yesterday that we do alternate shot for a couple holes, but I know we both wanted to see how we stack up on the course our-self.

As prep for the event, I almost suggested to semann777 yesterday that we do alternate shot for a couple holes, but I know we both wanted to see how we stack up on the course our-self.
Mesaman77isno stranger to that course. So I'm saying it was a missed opportunity.

Mesaman77isno stranger to that course. So I'm saying it was a missed opportunity.
Perhaps, but I can safely say, I would have been able to play any of the shots he hit, he on the other hand probably would have faced shots he's never had before on that course. Which of course is the challenge of Alternate shot. We did talk about how we would handle the strategy of Alternate shot. Basically it's hit the shot in front of you, and don't blame your partner for whatever that shot is.

Had a great practice session today. Over an hour on the range and an hour around the practice green. Really tried to concentrate on what I wanted out of each shot. Short and long irons were very crisp and generally on target. Holed out several chips. Felt really good out there.

Played my first tournament round today. It was a two man shamble with my brother. We're both playing to around 15 right now from the white tees. We played from the blues which is about 400 yards longer at 6200 yds. We shot a 76 bog eying the last 4 holes. It's a par 71. My driver has finally come back and I hit a few around 250 about 20 30 yards than normal. Short game was a little sloppy but my lag putting was on point. Overall really happy with our play. Looks like we'll be in the last flight tomorrow. 8:30 tee time to try and beat the rain.

For those that really want a test prior to the RR the Invicta Challenge is coming up in a couple of weeks. 4 man teams on March 26th with a difficult course setup. After playing in this event, July should look like a cake walk.

For those that really want a test prior to the RR the Invicta Challenge is coming up in a couple of weeks. 4 man teams on March 26th with a difficult course setup. After playing in this event, July should look like a cake walk.

Played and won this event last year. The course is as hard as possible. Playing at 7400 yards it is no joke. Hell on the first tee you tee off on the other side of the putting green and can not see any of the fairway. Number 15 last par 3 on the back plays at 255 to the center from the invicta tees.

Played and won this event last year. The course is as hard as possible. Playing at 7400 yards it is no joke. Hell on the first tee you tee off on the other side of the putting green and can not see any of the fairway. Number 15 last par 3 on the back plays at 255 to the center from the invicta tees.

7400 for non pros is ridiculous.

Sounds ridiculously fun

I saw the flyer for it in the clubhouse. And picturing the two tee locations you mentioned, I'll say no thanks, a man has to know his limitations :D

Well Team DMV, what did you learn today? What are going to work on?

The Invicta Challenge sounds awesome. I love playing courses like that.

Back