TaylorMade SLDR Fairway Wood Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This arrived at THP HQ this morning just in time to get some testing done this weekend.

i-2CwNLpJ-L.jpg

i-5qwfPHn-L.jpg

i-Bj2XpWk-L.jpg

i-MCw9qVs-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a rocket launcher off the tee methinks

Same low/forward weight config? I'm sure it is, since that mostly started with the RBZ anyway. I bet it will be very long for some.

That looks nice. Not too large for a FW.

A few questions:

1) Is that a speed pocket on the sole?

2) Is there a moveable weight on the sole like the SLDR driver has?

3) How deep is the face? It looks pretty shallow from the pics, but it is tough to tell.

Almost looks a little R9-ish.

She will be mine. Oh yes. She will be mine

I will never understand why this club is called a SLDR fairway wood and doesn't have a sliding mechanism at all. I guess the marketing guys had some influence over that.

Nevertheless, I really like the look of this club from the top, interested to hear about the performance.

I will never understand why this club is called a SLDR fairway wood and doesn't have a sliding mechanism at all. I guess the marketing guys had some influence over that.

Nevertheless, I really like the look of this club from the top, interested to hear about the performance.

Interesting. I thought it was in the ) shaped thing.

Well, it's called S.L.D.R. not slider...so....

Same question as ATL - is there a movable weight or is it just branded that way for consistency?

Almost looks a little R9-ish.

It it looks an awful lot like my FWs. Really interested to see if it is a shallow face FW.

#RollElitist

No there is no SLDR thingy for those that asked.
Yes it has the forward CG.
It is fairly shallow. At address it reminds me of the R9 (thats a good thing).

The crown picture makes the head look smaller at address than the sole picture. It could be me, it could be the angle of the pictures, or I wonder if it is another TM optical illusion like the one that they pulled off on the top line of the SpeedBlade?

Just had a thought that a 4 or 5 wood could be a fun one to try.

For the record, DJ and Justin Rose have been using these for a few weeks and Jimmy Walker (titleist staffer) had it in the bag last week for his win and hit some freaking bombs with it.

reminds me a little of the r9. Looking forward to the feedback. Really wonder how it launches considering the last 2 FW lines have been nothing but lower bullets for me.

Shiny.

If I can hit this anything like the driver, sign me up!

Back