4th needed 10/26 - Vancouver BC/Bellingham WA

SkiBumGolfer

Tremendous slouch
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Any Vancouver/Bellingham area THPers available for a round on the 26th at around 10am ish? ArmyGolf, checkered, and I are teeing it up probably at Northview G&CC in Surrey and looking for a 4th. If you're a WA person we could play a US side course if that's better for you.

If you're interested let me know!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

You are guaranteed to have fun. The only caveat is you may have to help me look for my ball on a frequent basis lol.

You are guaranteed to have fun. The only caveat is you may have to help me look for my ball on a frequent basis lol.

Plus you'll get to watch me try and figure out how to switch between JumboMax and regular grips hahaha

Anybody?

I just talked to the wife and apparently we have a house warming and a Halloween party to go to. Have fun guys.

Sorry ski I couldn't respond to your pw, not sure wouldn't let me. Long story short is I'm working but will try and get it off. Let you know by tomorrow. Would be great to play there only caddied for the acc long time ago. Looked very nice

I played the Ridge at Northview today and considering this damp weather the course was in decent shape. Some really fun holes and an overall very nice layout. The odd green was a little bumpy but that's to be expected this time of year I suppose.

Hopefully you can join us Jaysfan!

This will definitely be a fun round. I don't think Army will have issues with finding his ball, though I may need a little help here and there. :)

The course is straightforward as long as you keep the ball in some form of control. Usually the rough there is 8" long and you'll lose balls 2 yards off the fairway but they had it cut down to a much more playable length for winter already.

I can make it what time is tee off ?

​awesome see you guys there :)

Awesome! Thanks Army. Looking forward to this!!

Sweet thanks Curt! This should be awesome!!

BTW driver, 7i, and GW with JumboMax grips will be available for anyone to swing if they like (sorry John, no lefty clubs though!). Hopefully I can figure out how to hit it straight with these things!

You'll be fine dude! Despite the rating and slope being much higher I actually find this course to be easier to play than Homestead by a long shot. Not as gimmicky and definitely more wide open off the tee for the most part. That course was evil.

You'll be fine dude! Despite the rating and slope being much higher I actually find this course to be easier to play than Homestead by a long shot. Not as gimmicky and definitely more wide open off the tee for the most part. That course was evil.

Yeah all of us took it on the chin there except John, and he had local knowledge! Summary of round:

"I felt like I hit that one good!"
"Wait I think there might be water over there...[checks yardage book]...yep there is..."

rage-face-530x444.jpg

The Ridge looks like a great course, plus I know that Arnold Palmer has a real knack for designing tracks that are equally challenging for everyone from the pros to the hackers like us. Besides, this will be the first round I've ever played in Canada, so even if I have no game that day I'll at least have added another country to my golfing list! :alien:

Last edited:
I don't think there is a single hole where The Ridge will punish a good shot. I need to hit the range tonight to prepare for this round...my irons have been just poo lately.

Hey guys, just a heads up that I believe the range is mats-only for the winter season starting this weekend.

I kind of figured that - we've been mats only at most of the ranges here for a few weeks. I hate it, but necessary evil to save the turf.

Sweet thanks Curt! This should be awesome!!

BTW driver, 7i, and GW with JumboMax grips will be available for anyone to swing if they like (sorry John, no lefty clubs though!). Hopefully I can figure out how to hit it straight with these things!

Lol if we play together sometime we can help eachother! I'm booked for the weekend already but if you need a 4th some other time pm me.

In my Taylormade catalina 3.0 cart bag:
Callaway RAZR X irons 4-sw
Callaway RAZR X HL 3H 21*
Callaway RAZR Hawk 3W 15*
Callaway RAZR FIT Xtreme 10.5*
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52* wedge
Nike VR pro 60* wedge
Odyssey metal X #9 putter

Drive for show, putt for dough

Sent from my nexus 10 (Tapatalk)

Great round today guys! Was great to play with you again John and Ryan, and was really nice to meet you Dustin! Some great shots were witnessed today, no doubt!

Had a blast fellas! Jaysfan bombs it Rory style with that beauty of a high draw, Army is a short game wizard (although somewhat less so than last round), and checkered is a force to be reckoned with once that tee game clicks. Can't wait to do it again, and hopefully SOMEBODY brings their dang A game that time! The only one who brought the A-game was Arnold Palmer and his Ridge course haha

Checkered pulls out the 3Deep and his handicap instantly drops 15 strokes. Freaking amazing.
SkiBum hits his X Hot and his Mashie as easily as one would swing a pitching wedge. I'm very jealous.
Jaysfan's drive on #8. It was to die for haha.

You guys should be calling me "The Gravedigger" because I moved a serious amount of dirt yesterday. "Anyone see where that divot went?!"

Checkered pulls out the 3Deep and his handicap instantly drops 15 strokes. Freaking amazing.
SkiBum hits his X Hot and his Mashie as easily as one would swing a pitching wedge. I'm very jealous.
Jaysfan's drive on #8. It was to die for haha.

You guys should be calling me "The Gravedigger" because I moved a serious amount of dirt yesterday. "Anyone see where that divot went?!"

...except for that time I bladed the PW over the green! :banghead:

Back