Could really use some tips

Renren89

Reaction score
Handicap
So I've generally been really fighting hooking the ball badly (sometimes pulling, sometimes slicing it too :beat-up:) but my main miss is a bad hook

Pushed the ball out right on this one

First one was an awful duck hook, second was a extremely solidly hit drive just pulled slightly

Hard to see from the distance of the camera. I see the swing too inside back and down...keep the club out in front. Try to see your right knee inside your left arm 1/4 way back swing looking down

Great camera work.

Your misses sound like mine and they are the result of my OTT move.

Hard to see from the distance of the camera. I see the swing too inside back and down...keep the club out in front. Try to see your right knee inside your left arm 1/4 way back swing looking down

Would being so upright be a cause of this issue?

Hey there, Renren - I am no expert, but the one thing that come to me on your swing is that you start with mostly arms with very little shoulder turn and consequently hip turn to the top. The arms get behind your body a bit there. However, you did plenty of hip turn on the follow through. Maybe try starting with the shoulder turn a bit more so get in a better position at the top. Hope this helps. However, Freddie will be the one to really help you here, as he has helped me with some of my issues.

If you could consistently get off the tee you could shoot some great scores with your short game.

What I see while having solid contact there is an early release.
Which leads to being a bit over the top yielding options you are seeing.
The downswing needs to be started from the bottom up.
YMMV ... good luck.

You have a very Colin Montgomerie follow through with the collapse of the hands. Freddie is going to know right away but I have a feeling you might be casting the club through the hitting zone a bit early. It really looks like your lag collapses right before impact and the club shaft comes through first causing that face to close.

Freddie will get you all fixed up!

515c7e1281a6ca433ef128cea890145d.jpg

So you're not to far inside on the back swing. In fact your back swing is quite good. Very text book in nature.

1de4d2050bb743af58508e5cc0890ebf.jpg

Solid position at the top. I mean solid, club mirrors the back of the left hand. All that is left is to rotate through the ball. Oh one thing, your leg flex is a bit much. I love that you sustain it through the swing but it's hindering the down swing.

33c428ad514bbe25b50b7424d3e1dd16.jpg

This is just prior to impact. You are trying hard to get back to square but there is now way that happens. You see, you swing the handle of the club and forget to engage the hips. But that is due to all the flex in both of your legs. While I do not want you right leg to straighten out, I do want it to act like a piston and move with your swing. This will allow you to engage the hips, create space and maintain spine angle.

Take some of the flex out of those legs at address. Do not change you back swing and start to initiate the down swing with the left hip clearing so the club aka handle can swing down line.

Any tips for how to feel starting the downswing with the hips properly?

The best thing is to take th club to the top, pause and then initiate the hips without swinging. This will give you that exaggerated feeling so you will know what to look for during the real swing.

Back