What golf stuff did you buy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 Albatross...the one purchase guaranteed to make golf more fun over the next year.

Picked up two dozen B330RX's via deal of day thread

2016 albatross club membership. For the puppies!

Black Callaway MD3 54W. Ordered direct from Cally so I could get it extended and keep that awesome grip!

Bought some Cobra Baffler XL Irons (5-SW) with graphite shafts for $120. I am putting together a set for my dad for his birthday/Xmas. He was the one that got me into golf and it has always been "our" thing. He was a cop for 25 years in Racine, WI and golf is an outlet for him. He is the type of guy that plays any club he can find at goodwill no matter the shape. I am trying to put together a set that has senior shafts and I thought these irons would be perfect for him.

...and a 2016 AC membership. :D

Just donated to The Humane Society for my 2016 Albatross membership!

2016 AC membership and last night I bought 13 new Lamkin Crossline midsize grips to put on over the winter.

2014_Nike_Lunar__5252cea9e7984.jpg

For $35 I just had to.

That's a great deal... Where?

Local Golf Galaxy. 50% of clearance of $70.xx. Only had one pair and were in my size. Actually had to ask to make sure they would actually ring up as $35.

my 2016 Albatross Club membership

Local Golf Galaxy. 50% of clearance of $70.xx. Only had one pair and were in my size. Actually had to ask to make sure they would actually ring up as $35.

That's how I got my last set of TWs, but at Dick's. Good find!

Today was a big spending day as I gear up for the Iowa winter. Ordered a 10'x10'x10' golf cage net to hang in my garage from sportnetting.com, a Cimarron 4'x6' Ultimate golf mat off ebay, pre-ordered the new Game Golf Live and joined the Albatross Club. Hopefully I will have the cage up by this weekend and I'll post pics when I get a chance. Today was a good day!

​Large bucket of range balls and renewed my Albatross club membership.

2016 AlbatrossClub membership. Best golf investment I'll spend in 2016.

Paid for a round of golf. Wanted to buy a coin or poker chip from the course as I collect them from the courses I play but in the exact words of the guy working at the counter "they don't sell that crap".

Purchased a Ping Cadence TR Craz-E-R Traditional putter.

What do you get with the albatross club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may need addiction counseling:

Just found this thread, and this is my very first post for THP, so I figure I'd confess all of my sins/faults out the gate.

Bought Earlier this Week, Shipped Today:

Spalding - TPM 5/12
Listed on eBay as a Top Flite - Spalding TPM 5 - Images showed a Precision Ground TPM 12. Not sure which will actually arrive, but for the price I paid I'll be pleased either way.

PinSeeker - Chipper
Bought this one just to try. Not sure if I'll use it just for practicing chip n runs, and then send it on to the next person, or if it will actually stay in the bag.

Bought within the last 3 weeks or less:

MBA by Lynx
For those that are unfamiliar with this putter, it is a mallet putter with a forward mounted hosel/shaft. Not sure how I feel about its performance, it's only been used for carpet putting so far, as we've had rain for 3 weeks.

Bennet Plastics - THERMO 2001
Received on Monday, but have yet to pick it up from my secondary address. This is a 510g plastic mallet. Really can't wait to see how this feels.

Ping - Kushin
Originally purchased a Ping Echo 1, but upon preparing to ship, supplier could not find the Echo and we agreed upon the Kushin w/ slotted sole being shipped in its place.

Ping - Rite In
This putter has the wonderful sound, from which Ping gets its namesake. Very different, crisp feel to this putter.

SeeMore - FGP (original)
Stole this one for less than $20 prior to shipping.

Ping - Karsten (original Phoenix made)
Ping - N-Echo
Ping - Pal 2

Dunlop - Hollow Back Olympic ???
Unfamiliar with this older Dunlop putter model, but had a rather intriguing look to the design. The lie on this putter is rather up right, and may be adjusted as I see fit.

MacGregor - CBG5

Adams - DHY Driving Hybrid in 21*
Bought this to try in place of a standard 3i, but not yet sure I like it, as I am not sure I like the graphite shaft that came on it. I struggle with my drivers and woods, and may only play my 1i-3i in there places as the courses that I currently play rarely require anything longer than a 3i.

And the putter that started me down this slippery slope when I started playing just 3 months ago...

Odyssey - Dual Force 222
This is my first venture into playing with an insert, and I am not quite sure how I feel about its performance, as I have yet to try other insert materials and styles. Can say that it was an improvement over the Ping Pal I initially had in the bag.

Sorry for the small club review, just thought it be nice to add some commentary on my purchases and how I feel about them.

Also, sorry for hijacking the thread with this oversized post. I just seriously need help. I gave up billiards in favor of golf, because I felt I wasn't getting to play frequently enough (4hrs/day for 4 days a week.) I've got $1200 worth of cues and cases sitting now that won't be used in who knows how long. Golf may end up just as serious, as I find myself playing anywhere from 2 - 5 times a week. Not to mention Golf appears to be much more pricey.

- CBM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back