The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has two thumbs and just wrote $16,850 worth of quotes with over 30 points of margin? This guy. It's a HHJJ because 90% chance of order.

Congrats, blu!

I played golf toady, new M1 arrived, wife is excited to start practicing putting.

I unloaded 2 tons of wood pellets into the basement about half the yrs supply(also see rant of the day)

Going to see Royal Crown Revue tonight. Going to be fun.

The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Heads and shafts for dayyyyys
deze4any.jpg

just finished glueing the DPC 6-PW and iron-wood. will be a week or two before the 5i and 4i shafts get here to finish the DPC set.

Unlimted golf w/cart $40.00 got in 40 holes after 6 hrs. to cold to keep going other wise id still be there haha....:golf3::snowman:

Unlimted golf w/cart $40.00 got in 40 holes after 6 hrs. to cold to keep going other wise id still be there haha....:golf3::snowman:

i'd say that's a good deal.

Thats what I call taking advantage of the deal! Good work.

Thanks guys some unreal deals going on right now ...1960's Prices
OCTOBER 16 - 20

9 Holes Walking . . . $2.50
18 Holes Walking . . . $3.50

My Little Man's First Round of Golf

My Little Man's First Round of Golf

My little man, well not so little any more as he is almost as tall as me (ok...so that doesn't take much), finally decided it was time. Time to go with me to the range and then for an actual round of golf on the exec nine I frequent a lot. Mind you, he has only gone with me to the range one other time and didn't have the best time at it. However, he has already taken claim to my THP Panda.
IMAG0039.jpg

Here's hiding a bit of my ramble of joy:
Spoiler
We set out a few hours before our tee time and I took him to the chipping greens and we set up just off them and had him do some short 5-15yd chips to the side as it was crowded. He was doing really well, so we targeted the actual greens from 10-15 yards. He did really well for his first time and actually put one close.

Then it was off to the actual range and I decided to use the grass portion to see how he would do. I just had him swing some various irons and try and get the ball in the air. From not having but one other time with a club in his hand, I was amazed at how smooth his "swing" was. He was already trying to transfer his weight, but was really trying to take a huge back swing. We shortened it down and he was getting them out there pretty good for a first timer off the grass.

Three quarters of the way through the bucket he asked if he could hit the driver (took much longer than I thought). He was having trouble making good contact, but I was impressed. Kept giving him motivation and could tell he was nervous about the round that was about to take place. He took a break and I hit the remaining balls left in the bucket.

Off to the putting green and let him free play it with just a few pointers and he was actually doing very well. Off to pay for the round and get set up to take off. We were paired up with a single who brought his daughter along with him just to watch and I thought that was perfect. He asked me if we had to golf with someone else and I could now tell his nerves were at an all time high.

I want to go into detail about his round, but will just say this. He lost only one ball on the hardest hole, a par three that you have to clear a creek to even get at the elevated green 120yds away from the junior tees. I played the junior tees with him the first couple of holes and he made forward progress on every shot attempt. After the first two holes he started to relax a bit, so I moved back with the other guy and let him have his own tee box.

Low and behold...hole number 4...a 145yd par 3.

His first shot didn't get very high off the ground (like most all his shots) but ended up about 15 yards off the green. He chipped onto the green and it rolled to within 2 feet. My shot had rolled off the right side of the green and I had about 40 feet to the pin, my chip stopped about 10 feet short of the cup. The other guy chipped over the green and as I was walking up to the pin, my son asked if he could putt it out real quick. I told him to take the pin out and to not do anything quick, but to relax and line the putt up and stay calm. He took the pin out and sat it down, stood back and looked at the putt...stepped up...DRAINED IT for his first ever PAR!

I was so pumped for him and the other guy looked almost as excited as I was...no, not even close. Now, you guessed it, I had a 10 footer to make my par. I couldn't let him take out his ole man so quickly and also carded the par. The smile on his face was priceless, as I'm sure the one on mine was as well.

Up next, a 600yd par 5 from where we were teeing it up. He was so pumped he asked if he could hit from there, I chuckled and we moved up to the junior tees (380yds). Gave him his 3W and he absolutely crushed it. Three hybrid over a fairway bunker, 8I pitch rolled through the green, fluffed a chip, chipped again to 3 feet, made the putt.

WHAT A ROUND and couldn't have been more proud of him (kinda obvious from this long ramble). To go out on his first actual golf course and get his first par and bogey a par 5. The whole round didn't go like this of course, but he made forward progress on every attempt and kept at it. The playing partner we were paired with couldn't have been a better match.

He actually said it was a really fun time and that is really all I wanted from him today, to say it was fun. This exec niner is a more relaxed environment and you see a lot of parent/child groups often. Here's to another opportunity to do it again before it gets to cold for him.

My little man, well not so little any more as he is almost as tall as me (ok...so that doesn't take much), finally decided it was time. Time to go with me to the range and then for an actual round of golf on the exec nine I frequent a lot. Mind you, he has only gone with me to the range one other time and didn't have the best time at it. However, he has already taken claim to my THP Panda.
IMAG0039.jpg

Here's hiding a bit of my ramble of joy:
Spoiler
We set out a few hours before our tee time and I took him to the chipping greens and we set up just off them and had him do some short 5-15yd chips to the side as it was crowded. He was doing really well, so we targeted the actual greens from 10-15 yards. He did really well for his first time and actually put one close.

Then it was off to the actual range and I decided to use the grass portion to see how he would do. I just had him swing some various irons and try and get the ball in the air. From not having but one other time with a club in his hand, I was amazed at how smooth his "swing" was. He was already trying to transfer his weight, but was really trying to take a huge back swing. We shortened it down and he was getting them out there pretty good for a first timer off the grass.

Three quarters of the way through the bucket he asked if he could hit the driver (took much longer than I thought). He was having trouble making good contact, but I was impressed. Kept giving him motivation and could tell he was nervous about the round that was about to take place. He took a break and I hit the remaining balls left in the bucket.

Off to the putting green and let him free play it with just a few pointers and he was actually doing very well. Off to pay for the round and get set up to take off. We were paired up with a single who brought his daughter along with him just to watch and I thought that was perfect. He asked me if we had to golf with someone else and I could now tell his nerves were at an all time high.

I want to go into detail about his round, but will just say this. He lost only one ball on the hardest hole, a par three that you have to clear a creek to even get at the elevated green 120yds away from the junior tees. I played the junior tees with him the first couple of holes and he made forward progress on every shot attempt. After the first two holes he started to relax a bit, so I moved back with the other guy and let him have his own tee box.

Low and behold...hole number 4...a 145yd par 3.

His first shot didn't get very high off the ground (like most all his shots) but ended up about 15 yards off the green. He chipped onto the green and it rolled to within 2 feet. My shot had rolled off the right side of the green and I had about 40 feet to the pin, my chip stopped about 10 feet short of the cup. The other guy chipped over the green and as I was walking up to the pin, my son asked if he could putt it out real quick. I told him to take the pin out and to not do anything quick, but to relax and line the putt up and stay calm. He took the pin out and sat it down, stood back and looked at the putt...stepped up...DRAINED IT for his first ever PAR!

I was so pumped for him and the other guy looked almost as excited as I was...no, not even close. Now, you guessed it, I had a 10 footer to make my par. I couldn't let him take out his ole man so quickly and also carded the par. The smile on his face was priceless, as I'm sure the one on mine was as well.

Up next, a 600yd par 5 from where we were teeing it up. He was so pumped he asked if he could hit from there, I chuckled and we moved up to the junior tees (380yds). Gave him his 3W and he absolutely crushed it. Three hybrid over a fairway bunker, 8I pitch rolled through the green, fluffed a chip, chipped again to 3 feet, made the putt.

WHAT A ROUND and couldn't have been more proud of him (kinda obvious from this long ramble). To go out on his first actual golf course and get his first par and bogey a par 5. The whole round didn't go like this of course, but he made forward progress on every attempt and kept at it. The playing partner we were paired with couldn't have been a better match.

He actually said it was a really fun time and that is really all I wanted from him today, to say it was fun. This exec niner is a more relaxed environment and you see a lot of parent/child groups often. Here's to another opportunity to do it again before it gets to cold for him.

That is awesome j4u, I never cared for the game as a kid, but I loved playing with my dad.

Very cool, J4U. Congrats man!!

J4U that is so awesome that he had such a great time and you better watch that Z before he snags it along with the Panda!

J4U that is so awesome that he had such a great time and you better watch that Z before he snags it along with the Panda!

LOL, not gonna happen! However, he has noted interest in the M8. Maybe if he's interested, next spring on the M8...couldn't hurt to start out doing things the right way?

Doug: he has your smile!!

Glad to see you guys out there together enjoying the game, very cool indeed.

The Cardinals are back in the World Series

Won this sweet watch in a raffle at a golf tourney today. Hope to find out how much it's worth so I can possibly sell it to buy some golf shoes. Not my style.

rude4a3u.jpg

Won this sweet watch in a raffle at a golf tourney today. Hope to find out how much it's worth so I can possibly sell it to buy some golf shoes. Not my style.

rude4a3u.jpg

Woah dude that's a nice haul! From what I remember a family friend said, those watches (Belair) are like $300 and up if they are real. I think that'll buy a few pairs of golf shoes.

rude4a3u.jpg

Ya you should be able to get three or four pairs of shoes. That's a nice watch and depending on specific model they're going for around $300 on eBay

So just got back from a Week at Atlantis for my honeymoon. It was awesome and wanted to say thanks to everyone that sent out their well wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back