What do I take out of my bag? Need quick help please

BuckeyeMark

Reaction score
Handicap
I bought these hybrids out of the marketplace

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Cobra-Baffler-Hybrids&highlight=cobra+hybrids

They are Cobra Bafflers and I finally got a chance to swing them today (been out of town). Wow. I know it's not the arrow, it's the Indian but these are really good arrows. I hit the 23, 26 and 29 really well. I'm a High Handicapper and it was a joy to get good distance on balls that I didn't even hit that well. These are GREAT!

So what do I pull out of my bag to make room?

I hit Callaway Diablo irons. Here are their specs:

422°61°RH / LH38.5D0
525°61.5°RH / LH38D0
628°62°RH / LH37.5D0
732°62.5°RH / LH37D0
836°63°RH / LH36.5D0
940°64°RH / LH36D0

I'm thinking of taking out my 4 and 5 for sure (I can't hit them anyway). I do hit my 6 iron pretty good. I also have a 5 fairway wood that could come out.

I did get a 20 Baffler hybrid in the deal but didn't hit it as well.

Am playing tomorrow morning (Saturday) so I need some quick help. Which clubs do I pull? Suggestions on how to hit these Baffler hybrids even better? Thanks!

Take out the 4, 5, 6 or 4, 5, and 5W.

Well, as a person who is allergic to fairway woods, I think you can sacrifice the 5W unless you hit it really well and you need it for some extra distance.
The 23 and 26 hybrids in place of the 4&5i, that you struggle with, seems a no-brainer. I personally would keep the 6i (not the 29 hybrid) in the bag and you say you've had success with it also.
Even tho you struggled with the 20° hybrid, keep working with it - may come in handy for some xtra pop with height when that 23 just won't get you there.
In sum
20, 23, 26 Hybrids & 6-PW on the irons.
good luck and enjoy your round

Well, as a person who is allergic to fairway woods, I think you can sacrifice the 5W unless you hit it really well and you need it for some extra distance.
The 23 and 26 hybrids in place of the 4&5i, that you struggle with, seems a no-brainer. I personally would keep the 6i (not the 29 hybrid) in the bag and you say you've had success with it also.
Even tho you struggled with the 20° hybrid, keep working with it - may come in handy for some xtra pop with height when that 23 just won't get you there.
In sum
20, 23, 26 Hybrids & 6-PW on the irons.
good luck and enjoy your round

DUDE! My fairway 5 wood holds my favorite head cover that my niece gave me! I can't take that club out of my bag! :clap:

how do the distances stack up to your current set up?

Depends on your gaps, but I think those are suited to replace your 4, 5, and 6 irons.

DUDE! My fairway 5 wood holds my favorite head cover that my niece gave me! I can't take that club out of my bag! :clap:

Understand completely, lol. My Pink Flamingo from my daughter still has a place of honor in bag after 10 years :act-up:

Hi I would add the 26, and 29, hybrid not the 23, keep the 5 wood, take out the 4,5 and 6 and add another wedge. Add a 50 degree. I think your PW is a 47 degree.

how do the distances stack up to your current set up?

I am not consistent enough to tell you "4i is my ___ yard club." But I felt like I was hitting them further than I can hit my 6i which is the club I try to use as my "go to" because I'm the most consistent with it. These were easier to hit with by a mile. Even when I topped the ball it still got up and sailed. By the time I got to the 23 it was really going. I'll be teeing off with it on the par 3s tomorrow I'm sure.

I will get on the range in the morning and see if I can start ranging them some - as best I can with my ability.

For now I would replace the 4/5i with the 26/29° hybrids, then get in a range session and decide whether to replace the 5w with the 23°

I don't hit the 5w particularly well ... I'm thinking it may stay behind in the morning. Not sure where I'm putting my head cover tho!

I am not consistent enough to tell you "4i is my ___ yard club." But I felt like I was hitting them further than I can hit my 6i which is the club I try to use as my "go to" because I'm the most consistent with it. These were easier to hit with by a mile. Even when I topped the ball it still got up and sailed. By the time I got to the 23 it was really going. I'll be teeing off with it on the par 3s tomorrow I'm sure.

I will get on the range in the morning and see if I can start ranging them some - as best I can with my ability.

I don't hit the 5w particularly well ... I'm thinking it may stay behind in the morning. Not sure where I'm putting my head cover tho!

I'd pull the 5wd and 4i/5i and throw the head cover on the hybo.

Hybo = hybrid

Are you playing a tournament round tomorrow? If you are, I would just replace the 4/5/6 with the like-numbered hybrid, and replace the 5W with the 3H. If not, why take anything out of the bag?

Hybo = hybrid

Are you playing a tournament round tomorrow? If you are, I would just replace the 4/5/6 with the like-numbered hybrid, and replace the 5W with the 3H. If not, why take anything out of the bag?

LOL. I'm a very high handicapper - not tourney for me tomorrow or any other time soon. the hybrids aren't numbered 4-5-6. but I think that is what I will do.

LOL. I'm a very high handicapper - not tourney for me tomorrow or any other time soon. the hybrids aren't numbered 4-5-6. but I think that is what I will do.

They're upside down, but I thought I saw them labelled 3/R-6/R towards the toe, with the loft toward the heel.

Edit to add - if you're just playing for fun, and you're not tracking for handicap, then there's no reason to take anything out of the bag. Take them all, find out how they work on the course before you decide what to change.

They're upside down, but I thought I saw them labelled 3/R-6/R towards the toe, with the loft toward the heel.

Edit to add - if you're just playing for fun, and you're not tracking for handicap, then there's no reason to take anything out of the bag. Take them all, find out how they work on the course before you decide what to change.

exactly, why not just keep everything and test out on the couurse?

I would say you need to do some distance comparisons with the 29° and your 6 iron. There's a possibility you could hit the hybrid farther even though its 1 degree less loft, so you may benefit from carrying both clubs.

about to hit the course. had to take something out or I'd be over the 14 club limit. I expect to shoot somewhere between 59 and 72 this morning ... and then I'll move on to the back nine!

Back