What causes you to play bad?

My golf shoes.
Maybe my golf glove....

Really depends on how much trouble off the tee I find myself in.
I also find when I don't over swing.

Granted that if a lot of you shot the scores I do, you would be very very very upset.

Pretty much all of my equipment causes me to play bad, its definitely not me

If I play with someone I don't know I get nervous sometimes and it completely throws me off. Then if I hit a bad shot I keep trying to play catchup.

I hit it 8-12" fat when I don't use my lower body.

Seeing a group behind my group and having flashbacks to when I held things up by being really bad makes me nervous and I speed up around the greens.

Not enough distance off the tee. Poor mental game, don't make enough birdies to cancel out the blow up holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long waits. Currently experiencing this.. Course is packed

The space between my ears! I sometimes get it my head that I can't make a putt, for instance--not a specific putt, ANY putt! Then, guess what? I can't make a putt. Today, was a prime example. I'm playing my new home course for the first time. The greens are Bermuda, and I don't like Bermuda. After a few holes of rolling the ball really nice, but making nothing, I get it in my head that I can't make anything. Then, I start thinking I can't chip it close either. It all becomes a self fulfilling prophesy!

My crappy golf swing causes me to play bad.
I'm pretty even keel between the ears but just suck swinging the club lately

(1). Not enough sleep from last night, still feeling tired like a walking dead :alien: (2). Loss of confidence due to repetitive swing mistakes ...... fore !!! :banghead: (3). Dont have happy golf day,.... making too many mistakes near green and on putting :beat-up:

I play poorly in tournaments and just leisure golf when I am paired up with annoying players or when they are much worse than me or when they slow the play of pace down dramtically.

There are a number of things that can cause me to play poorly. Lack of (or poor quality) sleep, not really being interested in playing, my intermittent back issues acting up, or just generally being in a bad mood can all cause me problems. By far the biggest thing that causes me to play poorly, though, is the fact that I'm just not good at the game of golf.

Mostly my back, I baby some swings and don't take a full back swing or follow through. I tell myself to "swing" before every shot not "hit". When I swing I can still play some pretty good golf. I refuse to try and think my way through the shot, to me it needs to just flow without thought but now I subconsciously try to protect the back most swings.

Self sabotage, usually brought on in pressure situations. Not thinking every shot through. Lack of a pre shot routine. Not handling poor play well.

What causes you to play bad?

My head.

I'm a smart person but I cannot control my emotions in sports. It helped me a ton in soccer and baseball but is my downfall on the course .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not swinging a golf club enough.

My game is pretty consistent based on my level of practice. I practice a bunch, my game gets better. I don't swing a club for a month, my game falls apart.

I'd say discouragement. I'm pretty steady, but when I make mistakes I quit on the hole, turning that 7 into a 10. I'm working on fixing that.

the space between my ears causes me to play bad. One bad swing and I think I can make it up right here and then don't. and it snowballs from there.

Back