THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Lets do it, you and emart have seen my old swing, but not my new swing. I like the element of surprise.

im ready to see the new swing and I ain't scared of it :alien:

Ok this thread is to docile.not that I want to see the butt hurt cannon to come into play.

Who n the other team are you most wanting to take on? Who is that one THPer that you want to see go down!

Docile? I just claimed a whole portion of one of their states.

I second the Duce matchup. It could be pretty even...though it sounds like I'll have to work hard to keep it that way. Also cyoung, I'll take on anyone who calls me out (...but seriously, stop setting pb's). It also might be interesting to take on a really low capper, and make him shoot birdie after birdie to beat my pars.

Who do I want to take on. Good question.
I think Duece and I would be a good match. Based on the way he's played of late. Id have to. D on my game.
Also I'd like to play JeffJohn. I know there's a long list to take on the legend. But if Middle Tenn State can take down Michigan State. You know what they famous Movie quote is, "so you'r saying there's a chance" 
Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Dang! I'm stoked to have legendary status in here. Would love to tee it up with you.

Ok this thread is to docile.not that I want to see the butt hurt cannon to come into play.

Who n the other team are you most wanting to take on? Who is that one THPer that you want to see go down!

Here's looking at you, pal. Would be a fun match.

So... here's another question to stir the pot.

Who, in each of your opinions, is most likely to have a tough start and/or finish with the pressure of a group watching... and on the flip-side of that coin, who is most likely to flourish? I seems like a lot of you kinda know each other already... so, just looking for some insight.

I've read that you don't know pressure until you step to the first tee of a THP event. I'm looking forward to experiencing it myself!

I've seen great shots on the first tee of THP event and some not so great ones.

Last THP event I played in with a group watching I hit good shots with the exception of one, so I feel confident in my ability to play with a crowd watching. Though I have never played with Kevin, I have a feeling he will play well in a pressure situation as will Ron.

there is the legend of Jeff/john that i wouldn't mind taking on. Capt Ron so that two buffalo boys can battle. Don't know many of the other guys but I ain't scared

I don't want to break up the King of Buffalo Match, but I'll be ready in July!

For those who intend to go!! Are we still on for the April 23rd trip to RNK or did I miss something? If we are, maybe we could start putting together some details???

For those who intend to go!! Are we still on for the April 23rd trip to RNK or did I miss something? If we are, maybe we could start putting together some details???
I'm certainly interested.

I'm interested but won't be able to Commit until probably 10 days out, when I see how work is looking that weekend.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I'm interested as well but I'm afraid the weekends are becoming ever so busy now. Plus it's becoming fishing season for me!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't want to break up the King of Buffalo Match, but I'll be ready in July!

who knows maybe a capt vs capt with you and I as te partners could happen. Doesn't matter who I'm paired with or against because it will be fun, we get to bring it to the THP community in so many ways and we are golfing in a THP event at a top notch golf course. Lots of good things there

who knows maybe a capt vs capt with you and I as te partners could happen. Doesn't matter who I'm paired with or against because it will be fun, we get to bring it to the THP community in so many ways and we are golfing in a THP event at a top notch golf course. Lots of good things there

Absolutely. Who I am paired with or against won't affect my preparation. My goal is to get as sharp as I can for the event. The course looks like a great test.

Everyone is so nice in here we can't even get a little butt hurt going.

Absolutely. Who I am paired with or against won't affect my preparation. My goal is to get as sharp as I can for the event. The course looks like a great test.

Round trip flights from your area to Cleveland or Detroit? Seems to work.

I think just mentioning those cities might be enough to incite a riot in here.

its been a fun thread with some good banter and trash talk without unnecessary trouble.

thats funny

I can't believe you said that!!!

:alien:

Get the cannon!

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Not sure why anyone would want to do that. The only thing to look forward to on that trip would be the return flight home.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't want to take this off topic, or I'd mention something about Cleveland being nice enough to give the out of work RGIII a shot at employment.

But on the event, I think the true southern hospitality of the Carolina Boys is hard to mask, and for the DMV team, well we're the stopping ground from the NE people on the way to Florida, so we just smile and wave at the Yanks, although some of them take up roots...looking at you Emart :D

I could easily get to the boarder and... I don't know, kick dirt across it or something.

That said I want to give props to both regions so far everyone has represented our regions great. A little trash talk (that has been weak) , everyone looking forward to the competition aspect of it but also keeping in mind we are all friends and share the common ground of having fun on the golf courses and enjoying ourselves. No reason to act like a fool over some golf. It will be a great time come July the build up has me pumped

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I could easily get to the boarder and... I don't know, kick dirt across it or something.
The DMV may have dirt, Lord knows there's enough dirt in DC alone. Here in the Carolina's though, it's soil.

This lesson in agriculture brought to you by the letters S, O, I, and L.

The DMV may have dirt, Lord knows there's enough dirt in DC alone. Here in the Carolina's though, it's soil.

This lesson in agriculture brought to you by the letters S, O, I, and L.

I guess that makes South Carolina the big pile of S-O-I-L that North Carolina didn't want? : alien:

I guess that makes South Carolina the big pile of S-O-I-L that North Carolina didn't want? : alien:

I prefer to think of them as South Virginia and Souther Virginia.

I prefer to think of them as South Virginia and Souther Virginia.

I thought you just wanted the OBX? And you can't have them.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I don't want to take this off topic, or I'd mention something about Cleveland being nice enough to give the out of work RGIII a shot at employment.

But on the event, I think the true southern hospitality of the Carolina Boys is hard to mask, and for the DMV team, well we're the stopping ground from the NE people on the way to Florida, so we just smile and wave at the Yanks, although some of them take up roots...looking at you Emart :D

I lived my whole life in New Jersey until December of 2013 when I moved to the Charlotte area. We started doing drives to Florida 2-3 times a year in 2009. I would stop at the Chesapeake Rest Area off of 95 to do the only thing anybody should do in Maryland... use the restroom.

:p

Virgina, on the other hand... I love the drive up 81 through that state. I can't say I'd want to live there, but... not too many places more beautiful to drive through.

Back