Sub Shops - The Chains

Subway is much different in Canada, much better quality.

Either way, its old and semi-reliable so I don't venture elsewhere.

Isn't it considered a Michelin Star establishment in Canada...:alien2:

Publix subs will make you happy. They are over stuffed fresh subs. Second you live in a BBQ state, I'm not sure why you thought the brisket at firehouse was going to be up to par. It's firehouse subs, they do well. Not firehouse smokehouse, home of good brisket. Just saying, Cap.

Fair enough. Although Tennessee is definitely a pork state, brisket is a complete afterthought.

Firehouse,,Jersey Mike's,Subway and Quiznos in that order of the ones I have tried.We eat at Subway more often just because of more locations locally.

Penn stattion then jersey mikes...then a large gap

Gotta give some love to Publix as well. They really do make some fine tasting subs.

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

Locally, Texadelphia is awesome. Great queso!

Like all those sub shops mentioned....like to rotate to keep fresh.

For a Hoagie (Sub) chain in the Northeast I recommend Primo's - originated out of Philly, bake their own bread in each shop (real Philly bread not chain bread) and their meats and veggies are fresh. Of the nationals I can't stomach Subway, Blimpie, or Jimmy John's, I can force down Firehouse's food, some of their stuff is edible.

Port of Subs, Capriottis. My order of preference is Capriottis, Jimmy Johns then Port of Subs. Nothing better then getting a medium "Bobbie" from Capriottis. Turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing and mayo, they oven roast their turkeys everyday in the shop and pull it off the bone just as you would at home.

I have never had Jersey Mikes or Jimmy Johns so I cannot comment on them. Of the remainder of the list I would rank them Firehouse, Quizno's, Subway & Blimpie.
Of the others mentioned I thinkg Larry's Giant Subs are good and one not mentioned that is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite is McAlisters, very good subs and sandwiches plus great iced tea.

Isn't it considered a Michelin Star establishment in Canada...:alien2:

No. It just lost out to some truck stop in Alberta hehe.

Agreed. Of that list I've only tried Subway and Quiznos and I prefer Subway I think. The quality does vary depending on location IMO but for the most part it's reliable.

I've got to say that Jimmy John's and Which Wich are my two favorites. Both are big in NC.

Subway
Quizznos
Mr Sub

All 3 are fairly ubiquitous in Canada, but I haven't seen much else as far as chains go.

I'm partial to Quizznos, but all three are really in the same "decent but not great" ballpark.

I like a lot of these on the list, mainly subway. I will likely never give Jimmy Johns a try, they gave me poor customer service once, so I refused taking an order and will not be back to this one here locally. My money goes to those who take care of me properly.

I like a lot of these on the list, mainly subway. I will likely never give Jimmy Johns a try, they gave me poor customer service once, so I refused taking an order and will not be back to this one here locally. My money goes to those who take care of me properly.

That's too bad. I've been to lots of JJ's and their service is usually top-notch, FWIW.

That's too bad. I've been to lots of JJ's and their service is usually top-notch, FWIW.

It really is, especially with a shop about a block away from my office.

Subway is my go to, mostly because there are 3 within walking distance on my house, but Quinzo's would be my favorite. Haven't had majority on the list because of the hole "American" thing.

I have never had Jersey Mikes or Jimmy Johns so I cannot comment on them. Of the remainder of the list I would rank them Firehouse, Quizno's, Subway & Blimpie.
Of the others mentioned I thinkg Larry's Giant Subs are good and one not mentioned that is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite is McAlisters, very good subs and sandwiches plus great iced tea.

I tried Jersey Mikes once, once. I'm a deli snob, these chains are light years behind what any of us can make in our own homes.

I am a big fan of Jersey Mike's and JJ either one is my go to sub shop. I do like a good Publix sub when I am in the Florida area. I will NOT eat Subway willingly since all there meat and cheeses are processed and NOT fresh and they hardly put any meat on their subs. I am also not a big fan of hot subs but will eat one every now and then.

My personal favorite is Potbelly's. I don't believe they're a large chain, but my goal is to get in on that franchise and open some myself. It's that good!

Subway is our regular sandwich stop. I actually prefer Quiznos, but they are a little pricey.

My personal favorite is Potbelly's. I don't believe they're a large chain, but my goal is to get in on that franchise and open some myself. It's that good!
I go to one every time I see one, it's awesome when I go to and through Midway airport because there is one in the airport and south of the airport on my way to the interstate!

I will likely never give Jimmy Johns a try, they gave me poor customer service once, so I refused taking an order and will not be back to this one here locally. My money goes to those who take care of me properly.

That is really surprising. I have been to at least 10 different Jimmy Johns restaurants in many different cities, and they have all been very friendly and super fast. Must be poor management in that location.

Back