Golf gear for the bigger guys?

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
I've been looking for some nice polo shirts for golf and have been struggling like mad to find any in anything other than 2XL. I'm a big guy but not overly fat if that makes sense. I have no idea what brands make a decent 3XL? By decent I mean something that's not shaped like a tent and square. If any of the bigger guys can help me out and point me in the direction of some cool brands it'd be appreciated. I just don't get how even though people worldwide are getting bigger, the clothing doesn't seem to follow suit?
Just as a reference I'm a little over 6'1, 275lbs and about 49inches around the chest.
Thanks all.

You might want to contact John at Fairways Styles. I'm sure he could point you in the right direction.

Thanks Hawk, I just had a look at their site and they have some awesome stuff but seem to only go up to 2XL. I found items I liked then went onto the manufacturers website and checked for size charts and none would fit. I'll flick him an email and see what he suggests, is he a member on here or is it best to just send an email to the customer service team?

galvin green clothing is pretty stylish and go up to 3xl in polos, don't know if they are available on your country though, the nike golf polos are also pretty big made, I use a 2xl in those and they are big made

Thanks Hawk, I just had a look at their site and they have some awesome stuff but seem to only go up to 2XL. I found items I liked then went onto the manufacturers website and checked for size charts and none would fit. I'll flick him an email and see what he suggests, is he a member on here or is it best to just send an email to the customer service team?

No, I'd just email him. You could call too, but I know that's not so cheap/convenient for you. At worst, maybe he could give you an idea or two of where to look.

I've got 50 chest, I find most Nike and Adidas xxl fit pretty well.
Most of the other brands I've tried are too snug to be comfortable.
Adidas do have different fits so may be a case of finding one that works for you? I think ahthletic and standard or something like that.

Adidas do have different fits so may be a case of finding one that works for you? I think ahthletic and standard or something like that.

I agree with you on Nike and Adidas - they seem to handle my shoulders pretty well. Cutter & Buck XXL almost seems too big.

Therein lies the problem, I tried on a Nike UV Tech DRI Fit 2xl polo a couple weeks ago and it was just a little too snug for me. I then tried on a Nike 2xl cotton polo and it was like a women's medium. I'll have a look at GG and see if they might work. Thanks for the input guys.

Therein lies the problem, I tried on a Nike UV Tech DRI Fit 2xl polo a couple weeks ago and it was just a little too snug for me. I then tried on a Nike 2xl cotton polo and it was like a women's medium. I'll have a look at GG and see if they might work. Thanks for the input guys.

Check out the Adidas three stripes or the Climalite shirts.. Golf Locker has them on clearance.

It would be nice to have standard sizes, I got an Adidas xxl wind/shower jacket and I can wear 3 layers under it and play absolutely fine, tried on a Ping xxl jacket and the zip didn't even fasten!

Adidas XXL is typically cut bigger than the Nike XXL (which is more like an Adidas XL). The couple of Cutter and Buck XXL I once tried on were as big if not bigger than the Adidas XXL also.

It would be nice to have standard sizes, I got an Adidas xxl wind/shower jacket and I can wear 3 layers under it and play absolutely fine, tried on a Ping xxl jacket and the zip didn't even fasten!

glavin green are weird with their sizes, I am a xxl in their polo, windbreaker and thermal tops, but I have to have a 5xl for their waterproof jacket.

Check out the Adidas three stripes or the Climalite shirts.. Golf Locker has them on clearance.

I'm similar size to you and just got these in 2x. They are a little short so might come untucked, and the sleeves are pretty short, but the body fits. Some golf sites allow you to shop by size so you can select a 3x size and see all the shirts that offer that. I've got Nike, addidas, and ping shirts that way. I've also got some Walter Hagen 2x that fit pretty well.

I'm 6'4", about 280, and most of my golf shirts are 2x of either Under Armour or Greg Norman collection. Nike's 2x just doesn't fit right for me

Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk

most of my golf shirts are 2x of either Under Armour Nike's 2x just doesn't fit right for me

Surprised to here that, I can't get in to any UA at all but Nike 2x is fine, we must be different proportions.

I am a bigger guy as well, and it's frustrating to go into the golf shops and not be able to buy clothes....the Ben Hogan Collection that Wal-Mart sells had some great shirts and shorts in larger sizes...and they were cheap...you can still get them online.

The Greg Norman line usually runs a little large and the Adidas three stripe collection fits well.

If you shop online you can find larger sizes on the Antigua website as well.

I'm bigger and have had pretty good luck at 'The Foundry'. They are affiliated with JC Penny so they are starting to carry more of their stuff there too. They have their own brand of dri fit shirts but also carry callaway stuff too.

They have some good clearance deals going on right now since it's getting cold. I scored a new dri fit shirt a week or so ago for $5 and a pair of dress (golf) shorts for $10 yesterday.

I was given a few Grand Slam polo's from Kohl's as gifts and am pretty happy. Fits close to the adidas I have.

Back