Mizuno MP-54 Preview

Really looking forward to your thoughts Hawk on these irons. I loved the MP-53 irons every time I hit them at a demo day and never pulled the trigger on them, so I'm pretty interested in this set. I do wish that they'd pick a stock shaft other than the S300, but if I was to get these irons, I'd get fit for them so it wouldn't be a big issue.

I had the same feeling of course. Typically like something a good 20+ grams lighter, but I'll say that I didn't see what I'd call low launch with any of the irons with the brief Vector session. Typical LA's, if not a bit higher than the SpeedBlades. I did see some pretty low spin though, which to me is a normal thing (and really preferred at this point).

These are all kinds of sexy. Not sure if it'd be worth a move from the DPC's or not but they sure do look the part!

Man. Mizuno sure does make a great looking iron.

It's fantastic to see companies embrace the 'combo' set even in the most mild form.

These really do look incredible. I don't plan to upgrade but if I were, these would definitely be at the top of my list. Just stunning! I feel like these were made for me, I'm in the cap range and would love to get something a little more "players". Can't wait to hear your thoughts Hawk!

These are definitely some sexy irons. I wish my game was ready for these but I still need a little more forgiveness. Probably going to end up with the forged 825s, but I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Purty oh so Purty

Hawk how does the topline compare to the 825 pro's? these look to be fairly thick up top.

They look very nice. Be interesting to here your thoughts on how they play.

As always, beautiful clubs from Mizuno! I look forward to reading how you get along with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Those are absolutely gorgeous ! I can't wait to hear your thoughts after you put them through their paces.

Love the looks and the T slot ideas. Fantastic!

Purty oh so Purty

Hawk how does the topline compare to the 825 pro's? these look to be fairly thick up top.

Sorry, I don't have the two available to compare. To me, it's similar to others in the same class of iron that I have here (V2's and 588 CB). I wouldn't say they were thick in person by any means.

Good looking clubs forged by the hands of Zeus himself. Will be following along for sure here... If those things need a field trip or a little AP2 / j40 comparison you know who to call!!!

I've played Mizuno for many many years. It seems that they come out with some beautiful irons year after year. Look like flat out performers. Great review Hawk.

Good looking clubs forged by the hands of Zeus himself. Will be following along for sure here... If those things need a field trip or a little AP2 / j40 comparison you know who to call!!!

Playing tomorrow at 9am sir :)

Great looking clubs - looking forward to hearing your feedback on these.

Beautiful irons, I don't think I have the game to play these but I will be interested to hear what you have to say Hawk.

I've had these in the bag for the last couple of weeks and absolutely love them. Amazing feel on well struck shots and more forgiving then you would think when you miss a little.

Moving from the JPX 800 pros to these was an interesting transition given the much stronger lofts in the JPX line, especially the 6-9 irons, so I had make a few distance adjustments.

I've had these in the bag for the last couple of weeks and absolutely love them. Amazing feel on well struck shots and more forgiving then you would think when you miss a little.

Moving from the JPX 800 pros to these was an interesting transition given the much stronger lofts in the JPX line, especially the 6-9 irons, so I had make a few distance adjustments.
Does they product line logically flow from the 825 Pros to the MP-54s? Are the 54s the next progression if (I guess) you want a little more playability and feel?

Does they product line logically flow from the 825 Pros to the MP-54s? Are the 54s the next progression if (I guess) you want a little more playability and feel?

I'd have to say yes. The 59s would also be a good choice. The biggest change in a move like that will certainly be the difference in lofts. I've already had my 5-pw bent 1 degree stronger to close the gap a bit.

Mizuno considers the MP H4's as the next step towards more forgiveness within the 'players' line.

I'd have to say yes. The 59s would also be a good choice. The biggest change in a move like that will certainly be the difference in lofts. I've already had my 5-pw bent 1 degree stronger to close the gap a bit.
I always assumed the MP-59s were on the 'less forgiving' side of things due to Luke Donald playing them for a season or two. Interesting.

I always assumed the MP-59s were on the 'less forgiving' side of things due to Luke Donald playing them for a season or two. Interesting.

They are. The higher the number in the MP line, the less forgiving the iron.

Back