2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another goal was 315 bench. Hopefully that is one of the ways to get 5 lbs.

Still hitting the weights 6 days a week. I am not really seeing much in strength gains, but I think that is because I am eating at a pretty high calorie deficit right now. I, along with many others, are noticing changes in muscle definition though, so that is certainly a positive.

Leg day today boys

Still hitting the weights 6 days a week. I am not really seeing much in strength gains, but I think that is because I am eating at a pretty high calorie deficit right now. I, along with many others, are noticing changes in muscle definition though, so that is certainly a positive.

Leg day today boys
Is it Skwaaturday?

Is it Skwaaturday?

Yes sir. Squats is actually one area I have seen some notable gains in weight, and my depth, but things like bench press I am really not putting up significantly more weight than I was 2 months ago, and nowhere near where I was at the end of my baseball career.

Just posted this in the Rory thread and thought to myself, "blu is going to hate his form."
He's not paying me for my input, but his dorm is fat from efficient.

I don't really think his goal is to be able to squat enough weight to impress you. Thanks to Tiger, and before him Greg Norman and before him Gary Player and a few others there have been pros who understood the value of weight lifting to improve their health and strength.These guys do yoga, run,stretch and whatever they think will give them an edge. I guess we all agree that they are athletes.
Actually Rory's reasponse to Chamblee was on the money. I am a golfer not a body builder.

Ha...

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/ror...e-weightlifting-concerns?mbid=social_facebook

310 isn't impressive, his form is also less than ideal. But let's talk about how barbells can't help golfers.

Last edited:
Got my Grid roller this morning and started using it. Kinda feels like a meat grinder at first but I'm super sore from last night and it actually starts to feel good after awhile. Glad I got it

Yes sir. Squats is actually one area I have seen some notable gains in weight, and my depth, but things like bench press I am really not putting up significantly more weight than I was 2 months ago, and nowhere near where I was at the end of my baseball career.
That's a Programing issue and maybe a form issue. Both are fixable.
I don't really think his goal is to be able to squat enough weight to impress you. Thanks to Tiger, and before him Greg Norman and before him Gary Player and a few others there have been pros who understood the value of weight lifting to improve their health and strength.These guys do yoga, run,stretch and whatever they think will give them an edge. I guess we all agree that they are athletes.
Actually Rory's reasponse to Chamblee was on the money. I am a golfer not a body builder.
Of course he doesn't need to impress me. I was/am predicting the reaction of "look how strong Rory is!" I am just saying that Rory isn't that strong, but I am impressed that he recognizes the importance of getting stronger.

Explain the programming issue... I am hitting all the major muscle groups, working Chest twice a week.

My workouts aren't all that different than they were when I could put up 325 5 times

Explain the programming issue... I am hitting all the major muscle groups, working Chest twice a week.

My workouts aren't all that different than they were when I could put up 325 5 times
From squat session to session, what are you changing?

From squat session to session, what are you changing?

It just seems on leg days I am able to add weight almost weekly with no issue. I am doing a warmup set and then 3X8 and then a 4th set to failure. With bench/incline bench when I try even a 3X5 I just seem to be stuck on the same weight give or take 5 pounds over the past 2 months

It just seems on leg days I am able to add weight almost weekly with no issue. I am doing a warmup set and then 3X8 and then a 4th set to failure. With bench/incline bench when I try even a 3X5 I just seem to be stuck on the same weight give or take 5 pounds over the past 2 months
Your bench isn't going to go up as fast as your squat / deads.

In my opinion, cut the 4th set to failure. Just add 5lbs a session.

On the bench, can you hit the first set of 5 consistently?

In my opinion, cut the 4th set to failure. Just add 5lbs a session.

On the bench, can you hit the first set of 5 consistently?

Yes, absolutely. I typically do a warmup of 12 or so at 135. Then move to 175 for 5 without issue, and it seems if I try to increase from that 175 I run into issues finishing the reps, or at least finishing them with good form.

Yes, absolutely. I typically do a warmup of 12 or so at 135. Then move to 175 for 5 without issue, and it seems if I try to increase from that 175 I run into issues finishing the reps, or at least finishing them with good form.
Next bench session, do this warm up:

841514860084d307e3fa7c190033f83d.jpg

See of you can also get a video. If I had a guess, there's a form issue as well.

Caloric deficits are also tricky. One thing to try, on bench days, focus on carbs. Use protein for recovery. How are you sleeping? How's work? How's stress?

Next bench session, do this warm up:

See of you can also get a video. If I had a guess, there's a form issue as well.

Caloric deficits are also tricky. One thing to try, on bench days, focus on carbs. Use protein for recovery. How are you sleeping? How's work? How's stress?

Going to remove the picture to respond easier.

Sleeping great man.
Work is fine, 1.5 weeks left before I move back to Dallas
No stress really. I don't get stressed often, I am over the rough breakup, and using all of that as fuel to be better.

I feel like I am in the best shape of my life. I weigh less than I have since probably Freshman year of college, but I definitely want to get stronger. I know I am not going to put on a ton of muscle at a deficit, but I am not going to stop lifting because of it.. I really enjoy it.

Going to remove the picture to respond easier.

Sleeping great man.
Work is fine, 1.5 weeks left before I move back to Dallas
No stress really. I don't get stressed often, I am over the rough breakup, and using all of that as fuel to be better.

I feel like I am in the best shape of my life. I weigh less than I have since probably Freshman year of college, but I definitely want to get stronger. I know I am not going to put on a ton of muscle at a deficit, but I am not going to stop lifting because of it.. I really enjoy it.
All good to hear. I was just making sure there weren't outside factors affecting recovery.

All good to hear. I was just making sure there weren't outside factors affecting recovery.

Chest is tomorrow, I will be putting that into practice and let you know how it goes

Boy my arms are missing the preachers bench and anything barbell > 60lbs. Well, it's still only $10 /mos and right next door to work.

deloaded down today and did some lots of no bar, empty bar, 135 and a couple 225 sets and tried out a TUBOW (foam roller style) to see if i could correc some of the form deficiencies blu noticed. Heres a couple of the 225 sets. Is there any improvement at all here blu?

deloaded down today and did some lots of no bar, empty bar, 135 and a couple 225 sets and tried out a TUBOW (foam roller style) to see if i could correc some of the form deficiencies blu noticed. Heres a couple of the 225 sets. Is there any improvement at all here blu?

Second set looked better than the first, but both of these are a vast improvement over your previous video. Great work.

Another 7mi on the bike and legs/core work tonight. Right bicep is still sore so no weights with the upper body. Hoping maybe later next week.

Yesterday was shoulders, everything went great. Warmed up on bench press, because it seemed to be the only thing open. I put up 155 12, without a spotter (one rep max 221) so that was good. I hit all the reps, and stretched for 20 minutes.

OH press 3x8 @75 lbs

Shurgs, upright rows, OH DB presses, and arm raises. Threw in some light abs and it was a great workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back