THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

For the Regional Rivalry, if you have an absolutely horrid round or match-

1: how will you stay in the moment still trying to help your teammates?

2: How / what will you do to bounce back and blow the doors off the next match / matches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. While in the good it pretty easy for me to stay in the moment as I thrive on them. To stay in the moment when all is good is easy its almost second nature.
For the bad shot times its to take a second pull myself back in and just forget about the bad that has happened and move on from there. I know easier said than done. The other thing that has helped me is music, hence why I always have my Bluetooth speaker and also my Ipod and a pair of headphones with me when golfing. I dont need constant music but at times taking a second and having a song can bring my head back to correct.

2. For me its the support and encouragement of the team, none of us are there for ourselves we are there for each other and to help each other. Also again taking a second to get my head back on straight usually involves a bit of music. That or just to be able to have a second or two to myself and clear my head and get myself back to the present and forget about the previous round good or bad.

There is still that curve ball out there. I'm not sure I would consider anything during sign ups to be considered curve ball status, so maybe there is something tricky coming with the 3 captains picks.

Maybe I need to be focusing on impressing or not impressing jdtox
That is a good point

I do have a question for Ohio guys.

Since we have a self proclaimed buckeye on Team Michigan are we going to have to listen to you all whine again about how you loaned us players when we beat you?

So, what your saying is you needed a buckeye fan to field a full Mi team??

No, no whining here. He's a Benedict Arnold...

Hey Jdtox, since we may have to whine and dine you with the curve ball that's hanging out there. I need to remind you that you have seen my game fall apart on the course. I can't hit an iron to save my life. My Handicap is inflated not sandbagged. With an inflated handicap, there is no way I could play to that potential. Just sayin...

There is still that curve ball out there. I'm not sure I would consider anything during sign ups to be considered curve ball status, so maybe there is something tricky coming with the 3 captains picks.

Maybe I need to be focusing on impressing or not impressing jdtox

Maybe with this curve ball I might not have to build a tree house! HAHA! I am just hoping my ticket get's punched for this event. I know that every time captaincaution and I are together this is all we can talk about! It's going to be a great one!

So, what your saying is you needed a buckeye fan to field a full Mi team??

No, no whining here. He's a Benedict Arnold...

This is an incorrect assumption/putting words in the mouth of the good captain. We have more guys vying for the last 3 spots than we have on the team currently. Admittedly haven't kept up with other RR threads, but I'd have to say that's respectable when 3 months ago there were questions from both sides on the ability to field a team.

This is an incorrect assumption/putting words in the mouth of the good captain. We have more guys vying for the last 3 spots than we have on the team currently. Admittedly haven't kept up with other RR threads, but I'd have to say that's respectable when 3 months ago there were questions from both sides on the ability to field a team.

And we all desperately want to be on the team and give Ohio a beating.

I will not speak for others, but I will speak for myself...
In the team or not, I will support team Michigan 100%, and will be at the event for the duration!

It's going to be a good... No GREAT win for team Michigan!

In honor of Jordan Spieth shooting 79 yesterday and thus posting his worst rd ever since being a PGA Tour member and after almost winning 3 majors last year, a question came to mind that I think fits this Regional Rivalry competitors and hopefuls thread warrants.

First, I'd be really surprised if he played as poorly or even worse today. He was the absolute last person on the range last night. Knowing he needs to bounce right back and post a great number to get anywhere near making the cut....

2: How / what will you do to bounce back and blow the doors off the next match / matches?

Look forward to the different responses from both teams!

Have to concentrate on the shot in front of me and forget about the shots already taken.
Get "into the moment" for the swing and shot in front of me and once the shot is off then just relax, have some fun and take it all in until it a time for my next swing.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Lots of great conversation in here, I love it. I will clear up that I've lived in Michigan for the last 10 years and have been golfing for 6 years, so my game is Pure Michigan.

As for some of the questions, I will try my best not skip any.

How do I stay in the moment? I have fun, I jam out to the tunes, have a beer or two, converse with my teammate, my opponents. I learned a long time ago, if I'm not having fun doing something, there's no point in doing it.

How will I bounce back? Well the nice thing is, it's a Match Play event. So a bad hole doesn't really have a lasting effect on the entire round. And while I definitely hit my fair share of bad shots, I have really done a good job, of minimizing the effects of the bad shot, to still save par or bogey. That's been one of my biggest improvements is keeping the big numbers off the score card. I don't make a ton of birdies but I don't have many big numbers either so it kinda balances out.

i am confident i am the right pick no matter what captain chooses :)

In honor of Jordan Spieth shooting 79 yesterday and thus posting his worst rd ever since being a PGA Tour member and after almost winning 3 majors last year, a question came to mind that I think fits this Regional Rivalry competitors and hopefuls thread warrants.

First, I'd be really surprised if he played as poorly or even worse today. He was the absolute last person on the range last night. Knowing he needs to bounce right back and post a great number to get anywhere near making the cut....

All about having my swing ready and know it and how to fix it on the fly. Not much else you can do but be prepared. Bad golf happens so just dig in and grind

1 - Just remember the last shot is exactly that the last shot. It has no barring on the next shot. One of the best skills a golfer can have is a short memory

2 - Tying in with the short memory. When the first round is over. It is over and all the focus moves onto the next round. Get a bite to eat, hang out with the guys, tell a couple jokes, or anything else to keep the mood light. Then hit a few putts and maybe a couple balls. Head to the first tee ready to go.

Whoever draws The Milk Man as a partner is in for a fun round. I look forward to getting in some prep rounds with him and certifiable.

Whoever draws The Milk Man as a partner is in for a fun round. I look forward to getting in some prep rounds with him and certifiable.

Thanks it was enjoyable playing with you today and getting in some RR prep.

With just over a week till captains picks left it sure is quiet in here!!

I have already asked my team members a few questions so now I'm asking those not already on the team...

If you could pick two guys from the remaining hopefuls besides yourself to make the team who would you pick and why?

I have already asked my team members a few questions so now I'm asking those not already on the team...

If you could pick two guys from the remaining hopefuls besides yourself to make the team who would you pick and why?

Putting them on the spot. Love it. Even though their answer means next to nothing :alien:

Some RR practice today. Played straight up against Canadan. Lost 3 and 2 but was hard fought all day.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Putting them on the spot. Love it. Even though their answer means next to nothing :alien:
No sense asking why I should pick them again, that has been beaten to death...and this is a team event so...curious to see some responses. I like to be well informed.

DavidWinchell and rbarthle17

DavidWinchell and rbarthle17

One is still working hard on his game. Rumors are the other one has already mailed in the man card.

One is still working hard on his game. Rumors are the other one has already mailed in the man card.

Lol I just picked two people unable to attend the event.

A serious answer would probably be robman7 and Canadan. I think Rob can be solid for a team and only needs the big stage to prove it. And for Dan, he's arguably Ohio's best player and always has a calm demeanor that it takes to play with the pressure. Plus I selfishly want him to get as much Grandaddy prep as possible

Man after today I am ready for Regional Rivalry. I played some great golf and grinded away.

Wow. Brutally tough question there Cap. Maybe I should wait to answer until after I tee it up with Michigan Slice and 2 team members tomorrow. No pressure CJ!

My goodness what a difficult question.
I've met all the Michigan hopefuls, and those on the team. We all share energy and passion for this team, and the event.
I really don't think you could go wrong with any of the guys who are hopefuls.

Right now I'd choose Stribs, because he is arguably Michigan's best all round player, I've seen him play and he's got serious game.

That would leave one.
And this isn't a slight to ANYONE as like I said I've met all the other guys, and like them all.

Lions81 would be my other pick I've seen his game as well on the course and its solid! He might be one of the best putters I'be played with. Awesome guy, and I think his short game and putting could really grab some points.

Damn you Jeremy! I feel absolutely horrible for not naming the other guys as well, as they are awesome guys and have great games as well.
This is no slight to them at all, and BFT has the biggest hands of any human in history, I hope he doesn't wrong my neck with them!

Back