THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Played okay this morning while still shaking the rust off, but had a great time with mesaman777. Had some good shots and some poor shots, but I felt like I played better as the round went on. I putted much better than I had been last season. Only 34 putts for the round, which is great for me. I did have two 3-putts, which was disappointing.

I seemed to be short on most of my shots, but that's likely because of how little I have played so far this year. Overall, I felt pretty good. Looking forward to playing again in the very near future.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I hit a few on the range, which was a mistake. The knee really didn't appreciate it. But it's warm and sunn and I couldn't not hit the range.

Wow I can't putt. 43 on the front with 20 putts, two over on the back through 13 up to 29 putts already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the putters fault you should buy a new one

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Glad it's February. It was a struggle today. Timing was off today abd it led to some ugly golf. Fortunately my partner and I win the match. Never up or down more than 1 until we closed it out on 16

Way to grind bro!

I played a quick nine and boy was I rusty. 47 with way too many putts. The short game around the greens was noticeably better but my iron game was suffering badly. I made the 10 to 15 foot putts but struggled from inside 8 feet. My tee game was great today as I only missed 1 FW.

Back to the grind I go!

tale of 2 9's today, 5 over on the front with 2 stupid unforced doubles, then even on the back side with 2 birds. putter let me down, i'm blaming the bumpy greens. All in all i'm happy with the iron play, tee game was ok for Feb in the RVA and the putter usually gets better before the greens are cut for the first time. i am so looking forward to this season and getting to zero.

Way to grind bro!

Thanks...mentally was more of a grind today for me with playing so bad. My partner carried us for a good portion of it.

sounds like u had a battle going on today

Following the Kickoff Classic was great! It has me even more fired up for the Regional Rivalry!

What did you learn today?

That it ain't over till it's over. Mike (e1iterate) and myself were down 4up at one point and we could have easily folded. But we ground it back to 1 down and got to where we could have won or at least halved the match.

I made a mistake on 17 taking 3 wood off the tee when I had been hitting driver well. Lesson learned there as well too - dance with one that brung ya!

After my daughter's choir performance early this afternoon, I got my wife to take the girls to the movies while I took my son out for a quick nine.

The swing changes I have been trying to implement worked at times and didn't at others. When they worked... I killed the ball. When they didn't... the ball almost killed me.

No warmup led to a horrid start and extremely shaggy greens led to many three-putts.

All in all... it was nice to get out unexpectedly before next weekend. I took some good things from the round, and some things to work on for this week.

One week closer to July 9th!

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Basketball duties kept me off the course and ramge today. But, definitly plan to make up for it ne t week. Need to get something re-set up with the instructor I spoke too.

Nice to see so many people getting rounds in ... should be a heck of a duel come July!

Going to get out for a Monday morning round (should be no frost advisories this week) and practice in the evening. Supposed to rain Tues/Wed ... surprise, surprise!

Thanks...mentally was more of a grind today for me with playing so bad. My partner carried us for a good portion of it.

sounds like u had a battle going on today

How do you expect to make things different next round out? What issues were you having? What are you plans going forward. Or is this a eff it cause it's February and golf this month is just a bonus.

Played okay this morning while still shaking the rust off, but had a great time with mesaman777. Had some good shots and some poor shots, but I felt like I played better as the round went on. I putted much better than I had been last season. Only 34 putts for the round, which is great for me. I did have two 3-putts, which was disappointing.

I seemed to be short on most of my shots, but that's likely because of how little I have played so far this year. Overall, I felt pretty good. Looking forward to playing again in the very near future.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Had a great time today Andrew, thanks for coming out. Bothh of our games heated up with the weather. I want to blame the greens for my putting woes, but honestly they really didn't roll that bad. For February.......

Played 1757 today short game and putting were on point. Only 28 putts 3 birdies

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Nice job!

How do you expect to make things different next round out? What issues were you having? What are you plans going forward. Or is this a eff it cause it's February and golf this month is just a bonus.

It's a combo of eff it because it's feb and I haven't really touched a club but was frustrated because my iron play was the worst it's been in a long time even thru the winter with long breaks between range sessions. I believe part of the issue was timing as my swing felt shorter where I want it but seemed like hands/arms weren't catching up so club face was wide open at contact. Driver was a combo of timing and losing spine angle, followed by over compensating for the open face and hitting pulls. I will be getting a lesson soon to have it looked at and corrected. During my rounds I try to avoid having to many thoughts in my head about swing positions and mechanics and let muscle memory do it's thing and I got away from that today so next time out if it's before my lesson I will try to just swing and not over think.

Nice to see so many people getting rounds in ... should be a heck of a duel come July!

Going to get out for a Monday morning round (should be no frost advisories this week) and practice in the evening. Supposed to rain Tues/Wed ... surprise, surprise!

I'm about 2 hours away from Florence. We should meet halfway sometime soon for a round.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Wow I can't putt. 43 on the front with 20 putts, two over on the back through 13 up to 29 putts already

Get in touch with your putting coach.

For those that have been to a THP event, what is your favorite part? For those that haven't what are you most looking forward to if your name is called in just over a week or so?

Have not been to one, schedule dint mesh with the Rum Point, OC, MD event.

What am I looking forward to? Golf at an awesome looking course, going to be there in April. Some fun competition and ribbing. Testing my abilities in competition in a variety of formats that I usually don't play. Most of all a day with people who love golf and having a good time, enjoying golf, and helping the Carolinas team feel better after an epic defeat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dee110378732b2b84b255639022f0c44.jpg

I got some regional rivalry prep in this morning. I shot an 86 and was happy with that. There were 4 temp greens which were really just holes in the fairway but it was good to get out. I drove the ball the best I have in a long time. Iron game was ok, short game was the worst aspect of my game today but that is kind of to be expected since I haven't played outside in 6 weeks.

I was thinking about the event often through my round and even though I was playing by myself I tried to think about what I would do during the event.

I'm really excited for July.

Back