Jason Day Wins 2016 Bay Hill - WITB

I thought I remember him saying the m fairway wood actually went too far and messed up his gaps between iron and wood.

Yeah, I think I saw where he was hitting the M2 3 wood over 290... The M1 probably isn't too far off from that.

Is that 1.5" tipping additional to the traditional 1" tipping on all fairways? Either way, all that tipping and the X7's in his irons has got to get tiring after a while haha.

If Superman played golf, I'm pretty sure those shafts would be in his bag. Good Lord, absolute telephone poles.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Kuro Kage shafts tipped 1" Hahaha

Sorry for the derail, but can someone translate what 1" tipping means and how it affects performance?

Thanks

Sorry for the derail, but can someone translate what 1" tipping means and how it affects performance?

Thanks

Shaft tipping is the practice of cutting the tip of the shaft (the part that goes into the head). The easy definition is taking some off the tip will make it play stiffer. Its a way of honing in on an exact flex, that might sit in between certain flexes.

Years ago with shafts that bore all of the way through (Callaway and Titleist) it was not as common practice (for some models), but now one can really dial in something perfect for their game.

Thanks

Shaft will play much stiffer overall, will typically lead to a lower launch as well. Often times its done when someone needs an "in-between" flex, but here these guys are just beasts finely tuning their setups.

I love the Kuro TiNi.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back