"Re-shaft" Charges

I'm a fan of "if you want to do it yourself, go ahead" but as has been mentioned above, it does take a bit of skill and equipment to do shaft pulls and then install. Only fair that you get charged for the service.

I do all my own re-grippings now, and plan to get into reshafting ... but in the meantime I certainly wouldn't trust a 4th grader to reshaft my $400+ driver.

sort of agree, somebody who knows what they are doing can make it look perfect, but to install a shaft really only involves mixing the epoxy and installing a ferrule, and jamming the shaft in the head, and waiting for it to dry, I would start with some things that don't matter, an old 3 wood or a wedge, I wouldn't pay for that service anymore after I have been doing it for a while, But Like I said to save a shaft It might be a good to pay for somebody to extract it, so you don't accidentally break the shaft, an extractor is like 150 bucks, I want to get one, other stuff is pretty easy, once you've done it a couple of times.

sort of agree, somebody who knows what they are doing can make it look perfect, but to install a shaft really only involves mixing the epoxy and installing a ferrule, and jamming the shaft in the head, and waiting for it to dry,

Well there is a bit more to it if done correctly.
Prepping the tip right.
Swing weight
Length done properly.

sort of agree, somebody who knows what they are doing can make it look perfect, but to install a shaft really only involves mixing the epoxy and installing a ferrule, and jamming the shaft in the head, and waiting for it to dry, I would start with some things that don't matter, an old 3 wood or a wedge, I wouldn't pay for that service anymore after I have been doing it for a while, But Like I said to save a shaft It might be a good to pay for somebody to extract it, so you don't accidentally break the shaft, an extractor is like 150 bucks, I want to get one, other stuff is pretty easy, once you've done it a couple of times.
The whole thing of epoxying heads and shafts together isn't hard. But there's a ton of knowledge to club building from those that know how to do it right. Swing weighting properly with proper head and shaft weight/length so that you don't make the club hosel heavy with tip weights is quite involved. Not to mention frequencying parallel tip shafts by timing from tip and butt.

I'm a fan of "if you want to do it yourself, go ahead" but as has been mentioned above, it does take a bit of skill and equipment to do shaft pulls and then install. Only fair that you get charged for the service.

I do all my own re-grippings now, and plan to get into reshafting ... but in the meantime I certainly wouldn't trust a 4th grader to reshaft my $400+ driver.

Well there is a bit more to it if done correctly.
Prepping the tip right.
Swing weight
Length done properly.
Agree with both. I regrip but I don't mess with the other stuff because I can't afford to mess it up with most clubs. Plus I don't do a lot of it anyways, and even if I wanted to I don't have a garage or basement to get set up in.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The whole thing of epoxying heads and shafts together isn't hard. But there's a ton of knowledge to club building from those that know how to do it right. Swing weighting properly with proper head and shaft weight/length so that you don't make the club hosel heavy with tip weights is quite involved. Not to mention frequencying parallel tip shafts by timing from tip and butt.

well not really, yes you can get very scientific about proper shaft to head combo's and weighting, "also tip prepping is pretty easy, and I feel length is a personal preference, regardless of head weight". or you can just try things to see what works, there is something to be said for the way the club feels in your hands and during a swing, I feel test all the clubs that I make, and sometimes it doesn't work and you try again, sometimes it turns out perfect, and you learn from experience. I'll put my amateurishly made clubs up against anything a pro can produce for my game, maybe not others swing and game, but I know how to make clubs for myself. nodody is going to ruin a head by reshafting unless you bore through the top into the head, but that can be fixed as well.

well not really, yes you can get very scientific about proper shaft to head combo's and weighting or you can just try things to see what works, there is something to be said for the way the club feels in your hands and during a swing, I feel test all the clubs that I make, and sometimes it doesn't work and you try again, sometimes it turns out perfect, and you learn from experience. I'll put my amateurishly made clubs up against anything a pro can produce for my game, maybe not others swing and game, but I know how to make clubs for myself.

I would take that bet, and I am not a pro.

Good news is that golf is subjective and people can choose what is right for their own game. For others that want feedback from the experts or get dialed in with new equipment on FlightScope and take it home, there are THP Events, like Club Clash, The Grandaddy, The Gauntlet and many others.

I would take that bet, and I am not a pro.

Good news is that golf is subjective and people can choose what is right for their own game. For others that want feedback from the experts or get dialed in with new equipment on FlightScope and take it home, there are THP Events, like Club Clash, The Grandaddy, The Gauntlet and many others.
This^
was professionally fit for the first time, and it was definitely an eye opening experience as far as how quickly they can dial you in based on the numbers. He could tell after two swings whether or not a shaft was working, and blew my mind with the hybrid fitting. Selecting a shaft sight-unseen and recommending it be cut down 1/2 inch for flex and distance reasons. I was nervous because I didn't get to try it out, but went with his expert opinion. It worked, and fit my distance gap perfectly... and I don't think it was by accident.

This^
was professionally fit for the first time, and it was definitely an eye opening experience as far as how quickly they can dial you in based on the numbers. He could tell after two swings whether or not a shaft was working, and blew my mind with the hybrid fitting. Selecting a shaft sight-unseen and recommending it be cut down 1/2 inch for flex and distance reasons. I was nervous because I didn't get to try it out, but went with his expert opinion. It worked, and fit my distance gap perfectly... and I don't think it was by accident.
great for everybody, just thought I would share my thoughts on getting to know your game and not letting somebody who saw you swing once change you, If it works for you great, but I doubt that an expert would get any more yardage or a better dispersion pattern than my driver, 5 wood, hybrid, I would be interested in hearing what an expert would say about my irons, I have a few different head, shaft combo's that are close, but have not dialed in completely as of yet, I think it a fun part of the game, trying to find clubs to fit your game

Back