What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacqui and I went and played 18. Date night.

Browsed forums. Played 18.

Played in a work scramble...my team got second...not as impressive as it sounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Got two putters, promptly cut of their grips, lengthened one, shortened another, and regripped them. :alien:

Just club work and THPing tonight. Installed a Callaway tip on the Kusala Blue shaft, and regripped one of the SeeMores with a Winn Midsize pistol (has a Winn Jumbo and had lost all feeling with it). Love being able to do my own basic stuff like that.

Installed some JumboMax grips and gave the clubs a good cleaning.

I also installed my JumboMax grips. Marked up a box of balls with tin cup markers as well.

Had a lesson, range practise and bought a new putter, great day all round.

Gonna play 18

Yesterday I played two holes after dinner. The par 5 behind my house and then the par 4 after it. I ran out of daylight to play the last hole in what I call "the short course", which is 12, 13, and 14 on my home course.

Started off with an okay drive with a three wood that missed the fairway but ended up with a decent lie and a good look, my layup with a 7iron was great and the ball went exactly where I wanted it- 90 yards out with a clean look to the pin. I should have been automatic with my approach shot onto the green, but hit it off the hosel and the ball ended up in the dang bunker right off the green. Got out in one, and then three putted for double bogey.

Next hole is a narrow par 4, so I took out the three wood again. I got a nice drive, but it took a funny bounce off the fairway. The lie was okay but I was blocked by some trees and had to punch out with a five iron, the result was a 75 yard approach shot. This time I hit my approach like I wanted and was about 20 feet from the hole. Two putt for bogey.

Unable to play for a few weeks yet but have been watching a ton of golf on TV. Gotta get my fix somehow.

Went to the range to work on points from yesterday's lesson (previous post was Thursday , sorry bout that.)

Went great, such a massive improvement in consistency of good strikes and dispersion, really feel it's the beginning of good things for my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

yjemeja2.jpg

UT Golf Club!

Now that my challenge coins purchase is secured, I am outta here and headed to the golf course. G'day!

Played 18 at Berkshire Valley with Jackf and fireitup.

Headed out to the range for some testing. Helped my son work on his swing. We are gettting there...just doesnt play enough.

I've worked late all week and haven't swung a club since Sunday, so tonight I'm night golfing at the little par 60 place down the road. It's a goat track, but I don't even care.

spent 2 hours at the practice green today. Chipping. Pitching. Putting. Started a new putting practice routine. No long putts to start. 2ft, make 10. 4ft, make 10. 2ft make 10. 4 ft - 5, 6 ft -5, 2ft-5, 8ft - 5, 4 ft- 5, 2 ft - 5, 10ft - 5. 2ft -5. then lag work. Felt it really help me to stay consistent with my strokes, and have never been happier and more confident in a putting practice. Much more productive than sitting at 15 feet out and trying to hit them.

Still not confident with high pitches, but a low chip worked out well. Going to play tomorrow and hopefully transfer over the good work i put in today to a full 18 tomorrow.

Played 18.

Packed the bag up for my round tomorrow. first non-scramble round since the Sunday round at the THP Bridgestone championship.

Played 18.weather turned nice

Plated 18 holes, and THPed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back