THP Live Round thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back out at Tega Cay for a 9 hole round this morning.

Hole 1 - Par 3 - 186 Yards

It was only playing 167, so I took a smooth 5 iron and pulled it left into the trees. My punch out was over the green, then I chipped on but we'll short. 2 putts from 19 feet to open with a double.

+2

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Hole 2 - Par 5 - 448 Yards

4 iron went through the fairway then hit a 5 iron into the right rough. Gap wedge pin high to 25 feet and then 3 putts (including a missed 3 footer) for a bogey.

+3

Hole 3 - Par 4 - 428 Yards

This hole is my nemesis. Best drive I've ever hit here settled within 4 feet of the 150 pole. 7 iron from 157 onto the green left me 23 feet. Birdie attempt wasn't close... but I made the 5 footer for par.

+3

cedc28981e2e5a8f66a86a91bd4722e6.jpg

Hole 4 - Par 4 - 376 Yards

I killed my 3 wood from the tee, but it nipped a branch hanging down on the left side of the corner and knocked it down at the 150 marker. I had 153 up the hill and didn't catch my 7 iron well. My pitch from short of the green was stubby and left short. I hit a good putt from 16 feet but it didn't drop, so I tapped in for bogey.

+4

Hole 5 - Par 4 - 310 Yards

Little trouble here so I decided to be aggressive. My driver ballooned in the air, but finished just off the fairway on the right. A gap wedge from 95 yards was dead on, but spun back to 18 feet. The birdie putt was in the center but 2 revolutions short. Tapped in for par.

+4

Hole 6 - Par 4 - 312 Yards

I pulled my 3 wood from the tee and it banged around in the trees a bit. I was able to find it, but the only play I had was a punch out. I went across the fairway then hit a sand wedge to about 18 feet. My par putt was miserably poor. I made a 4 footer for bogey.

+5

Hole 7 - Par 3 - 221 Yards

Playing about 180 down the hill, my 5 iron was long. I was conservative with my pitch because of the water at the front of the green and I left it short. 2 putts from 26 feet for another bogey.

+6

Hole 8 - Par 3 - 149 Yards

It was playing 137 with a bit of wind behind me. My 9 iron started at the pin and drifted right. It found the green, but I was 37 feet away. I three-putted from there after my first attempt was way, way offline.

+7

Hole 9 - Par 5 - 488 Yards

I made a mess of this one. Unplayable after my drive. Punch out. 5 iron up to about 180 away. Hybrid pulled OB. Another hybrid to the green. 3 putts. Ugly.

+12

Final score of 47. Not horrible, but disappointing after holding it together until the last hole.

Now I wait for Saturday.

Out by myself this afternoon. +1 through 2. Stuck a wedge on 2 and managed to spin a super soft back. Left the birdie putt on the edge.

b87e1486e8a51c3b00a37a00b25ecad4.jpg

Put a PW in my hand today and I'm happy. Put anything else in there and it's not going well. +5 thru 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back