BigTex

Reaction score
Handicap
Well, I hope I get a raise or my bonus is good this year. I am already exactly 5 miles in either direction to two PGA Superstores and two Golfsmiths. Just looked out the window at the shopping center across the street and they are putting in a new Golfsmith in walking distance. This could get ugly.

wow you are so lucky

Well, I hope I get a raise or my bonus is good this year. I am already exactly 5 miles in either direction to two PGA Superstores and two Golfsmiths. Just looked out the window at the shopping center across the street and they are putting in a new Golfsmith in walking distance. This could get ugly.

Where is that one going in BigTex? I know of the one on Preston Road in Frisco by the PGA Superstore.

Man that's freaking awesome to have one so close. I would love to have a large Golf store near me.

LUCKY!

Where is that one going in BigTex? I know of the one on Preston Road in Frisco by the PGA Superstore.
It will be at the southwest corner of Preston and Park in Plano. In the former Old Navy space.

has frisco grown that much?

has frisco grown that much?
Yeah it has exploded. When we moved to Frisco 10 years ago there was one high school. There are 8 now and plans for more. The one my kids go to is overflowing, using temp buildings until they can open a new school next year.

I caught a glimpse of one this week on my way to work, hadnt seen it before, gonna have to check it out

Lucky. I have an Edwin Watts about 5-6 miles away. Nearest GolfSmith is 40 miles away. Other than that I just have a few ma and pa stores. I do like the small local stores, they are always friendly, but the prices are always higher.

My current work assignment has me located directly across the street from a Golf Galaxy. It hasn't gone well for my wallet.

I know where you'll be found at lunch time and happy hour and many other times...ha

There is a Golfdom (local DC Store) that is about the size of GS, they are in a busy corporate park area. Everyday at lunch time they have contests...putting, long drive using a 6 iron in the simulator...etc Pretty neat idea to drive in lunch traffic.

500 miles round trip to the nearest Golfsmith for me, one by Portland Airport and one in an outlining town just south of Portland. Girlfriend has a business trip up there next week and Im tagging along. Guess where ill be killing most of my time? :)

You are lucky! My closest decent golf shop is 90min away in Grand Junction!

Congrats, that would be way to close for me.

It will be at the southwest corner of Preston and Park in Plano. In the former Old Navy space.

Thanks - with all the congestion in that part of the world I guess I can rationalize that spot.

Thanks - with all the congestion in that part of the world I guess I can rationalize that spot.

I try my best to stay out of that part of the world. Sadly, that doesn't happen often.

Yeah it has exploded. When we moved to Frisco 10 years ago there was one high school. There are 8 now and plans for more. The one my kids go to is overflowing, using temp buildings until they can open a new school next year.

That is crazy. I was last there about 15 yrs ago and it was pretty small

I lived in The Colony 22 years ago when 121 was still a 2 lane road with stop sign intersections. Frisco was just a little farm town where my dad and I would go dove hunting. Look at it now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I will be in Frisco on Dec 5th for a week. Can't wait! Already have my list started for items to get.

I try my best to stay out of that part of the world. Sadly, that doesn't happen often.

I know, at least once a week my travels will take me out there, pretty soon the metroplex will include Southern Oklahoma.

I know, at least once a week my travels will take me out there, pretty soon the metroplex will include Southern Oklahoma.

Nah, as a real estate guy, I have always heard we will keep building north until we hit the Red River. Then it will stop.

Nah, as a real estate guy, I have always heard we will keep building north until we hit the Red River. Then it will stop.

Who wants to be in Oklahoma anyway.

I have a Golfsmith less and Edwin Watts within walking distance (although traffic would make it kinda dangerous). Funny thing is that I have never been in the Edwin Watts...it's only been there a little over a year. Probably should get in there. Golf Galaxy is about 15 minutes away, give or take a few minutes.

I was in this new store last week, 40,000/rsf - was told they shut down the one in Frisco and opened this one. The Frisco store was apparently smaller then their ideal footprint.

Back