Super Stroke Putter grips all you want to know

Super Stroke Grip

Super Stroke Grip

Just put one on my putter today and can't wait to use it. I got a mid slim 2.0 on it. Who all has one and what do you think about them?
ysygezu7.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free

Love them. Ultra Slim 1.0 for me.

JM

i for one use it and love it!

can also tell you that a LOT of people in here use them, there a few threads dedicated to them already

Yea I seen that. Didn't see a official thread so figured we could make one. Has changing your putter grip to the Super Stroke significantly change your putting game like Dufners?

I've been thinking about getting one. Not sure which size though. I'll give them all a nice test this winter.

Sure was alot of em in Iowa this weekend.

tappin from my big as note2

I had 24 putts on Sunday. I had nine 1 putts so that helped. The downside is, it means I missed a bunch of greens. The Seemore with a Fatso 5.0 has become a new favorite after this weekend.

I just put a Fatso 5.0 on my #1. So far it has been excellent for me as far as I haven't missed my intended line with the exception of one or 2 just plain bad strokes. I still have a bit of work to do to adjust to distance on uphill puts for some reason.

I went ahead and put a black and white slim 3.0 on my odyssey protype black #9 since I couldn't find a black and silver one without paying $100+ to have one shipped from Japan! I love how it feels and don't mind how it looks on the putter as much as I thought I would either.

Another Super Stroke

Another Super Stroke

Installed the Super Stroke grip on my wife's Ping Scottsdale Shea, today. She loves it.

1377270_10151770112003401_536648805_n.jpg

The Shea is a nice putter. Looks good with the matching cover. Let us know how she likes it on the course.

finally got on the course with my new Super Stroke putter grip and loved it. Could tell an improvement in my game even though they punched the greens and sanded them. Look forward to using it up at TPC Deere Run and have the same results like Spieth did with his.

I ordered a new SS 2.0 for my new SeeMore putter and took it to Austad's to get it put on. First off, they had to cut off the old one (so sad) which I would have preferred to save, but when I finally got it home to try it out, the grip wasn't square to the face. I took it back, and the guy initially told me it looked fine to him, but after about 20 minutes of back and forth and having him use the putter on their green, he agreed that part of the grip wasn't square. What we came to realize is that the bottom of the grip was square, but the top wasn't, and he said he's seen SuperStroke grips that get out of alignment and thus make it very difficult if not impossible to put on correctly.

My question to all of you: have any of you experienced this yourselves or heard anything like that, or is the guy at Austad's just trying to cover his butt and pass the blame? If it's truly a defective grip I'll have to go back to PGATourSuperstore.com where I bought it and deal through them, but if Austad's installed it incorrectly, I will politely insist that they make it right.

I ordered a new SS 2.0 for my new SeeMore putter and took it to Austad's to get it put on. First off, they had to cut off the old one (so sad) which I would have preferred to save, but when I finally got it home to try it out, the grip wasn't square to the face. I took it back, and the guy initially told me it looked fine to him, but after about 20 minutes of back and forth and having him use the putter on their green, he agreed that part of the grip wasn't square. What we came to realize is that the bottom of the grip was square, but the top wasn't, and he said he's seen SuperStroke grips that get out of alignment and thus make it very difficult if not impossible to put on correctly.

My question to all of you: have any of you experienced this yourselves or heard anything like that, or is the guy at Austad's just trying to cover his butt and pass the blame? If it's truly a defective grip I'll have to go back to PGATourSuperstore.com where I bought it and deal through them, but if Austad's installed it incorrectly, I will politely insist that they make it right.

I've installed about 15 of them and never heard nor seen that issue. Doesn't mean it couldn't happen, but I've never heard of such a thing.

Can't help but think my next trip to Tucson will be to put an Ultra Slim 1.0 on the new Rife putter. Now that I know the goodness of nicely relaxed hands and wrists while putting, will be nice to put it to work on a nice compact putter.

Just put one on my putter today and can't wait to use it. I got a mid slim 2.0 on it. Who all has one and what do you think about them?
ysygezu7.jpg

I got the 2.0 when I ordered my see more and I went from an awful putter to a decent putter :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It could be either really. They do have the occasional lemon every now and again (there are a few stories in this thread). It is also possible that when they were installing the grip that they didn't do a good enough job of straightening it out top to bottom. Could also be that they propped it up somewhere or put it somewhere while the solvent was drying and the grip turned. I'd recommend not leaving the store until you've checked the grip next time. If they (or you) have access to an air compressor, you can shoot a little solvent into the grip hole then use a little air to realign it.

It could be either really. They do have the occasional lemon every now and again (there are a few stories in this thread). It is also possible that when they were installing the grip that they didn't do a good enough job of straightening it out top to bottom. Could also be that they propped it up somewhere or put it somewhere while the solvent was drying and the grip turned. I'd recommend not leaving the store until you've checked the grip next time. If they (or you) have access to an air compressor, you can shoot a little solvent into the grip hole then use a little air to realign it.

Thanks for the tip. This is literally the first time I've ever had a club regripped, so I didn't even think it would be a problem until I got it home and started trying to putt with it only to notice the closed face.

I got the 2.0 when I ordered my see more and I went from an awful putter to a decent putter :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Yea whatever can help your putting anyway its a big plus.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. This is literally the first time I've ever had a club regripped, so I didn't even think it would be a problem until I got it home and started trying to putt with it only to notice the closed face.

If they had just finished putting it on and you left with it right away, it can definitely shift around during transit. If you have time, just wait for it to dry at the store. Otherwise, I'd take extra care in transporting it so that the grip doesn't move (and definitely don't hold it at the grip for at least 20 minutes).

Black and Silver SS

Black and Silver SS

Got this 3.0 SuperStroke today. Love the color..... (Japan only model)

963772_10151774570223401_1816619495_o.jpg

Interesting. I can't say I mind it. I would love to see more color combinations from SS in the future.

Back