Tour Edge Exotics Xrail Fairway Woods and Hybrids

I'll definitely give them a try. My TEE XCG4 just keeps finding it's way back into bag despite trying many other OEM offerings. I still rotate it in/out with my Adams F11 depending on where I am playing the wind/conditions that day.

I've also had their hybrid XCG4 and it was a great club. Now that I think about it, I've never disliked any TEE club I've had. That is saying something given what a picky SOB I am.

MajBC: I am interested in trying the 10.5 Offset model. The question will be the shaft (regular or stiff).

Oddly, the Amp Offset I am playing now is a bit larger vertically than horizontally and I love it. I've gotten a bit better with the driver, so now my primary miss is up/down and my secondary miss is low and on the heel. I went with this because some of the Callaways that I had good luck with were a bit too shallow. I was getting some leading edge idiot marks and they really bothered me. My Amp is deeper and has a beveled front edge and it honestly looks as good as the day I bought it despite hitting probably 1000 balls with it.

I think the Xrail driver is going to play like a cross between the Amp Offset and the K15. If so, there will be a lot to like. I'm not sure whether it'd beat out my Cobra, but it is (to me) the most intriguing offer of the year.

I purchased an X-Rail 3 wood and am very happy with it. The club has cured my 3-wood slice issues. It is very good off the tee and from the fairway. I think that the "V-shape" bottom also helps a lot with hitting out of the rough. I find the club to be very reliable - straight and accurate. I think that the "V-shape" significantly lowers the CG, which seems to be a perfect complement to my natural fade. The feel is very solid and the club feedback is good. I also find the club to be forgiving on miss-hits. The ball flight is much higher than my previous 3-wood. The club is not a bomber, but it gets the distance that I need. I am so happy with the 3-wood that I am considering the X-Rail driver.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

I purchased an X-Rail 3 wood and am very happy with it. The club has cured my 3-wood slice issues. It is very good off the tee and from the fairway. I think that the "V-shape" bottom also helps a lot with hitting out of the rough. I find the club to be very reliable - straight and accurate. I think that the "V-shape" significantly lowers the CG, which seems to be a perfect complement to my natural fade. The feel is very solid and the club feedback is good. I also find the club to be forgiving on miss-hits. The ball flight is much higher than my previous 3-wood. The club is not a bomber, but it gets the distance that I need. I am so happy with the 3-wood that I am considering the X-Rail driver.

MostlyBogies: Thanks for the write up. Let us know if you get a chance to try the driver. I still have not but think it is promising -- particularly for anyone who has had good luck with the TourAD shafts that TE has used.

MostlyBogies: Thanks for the write up. Let us know if you get a chance to try the driver. I still have not but think it is promising -- particularly for anyone who has had good luck with the TourAD shafts that TE has used.

ryebread I see you lurking you know you want to be the one to test this driver. You should find some way to get a demo of the driver from Tour Edge and try it out for a few weeks. I bet the Tour Edge rep in your area would be happy to do this if he knew it was going on a website which could generate interest and sales. He might want to be present when you test it but that could be good also and I would think a few test sessions would be enough to get some good reviews. Just my two cents.

Tour Edge is a very good company with very good products for all level of golfers and price ranges, wish more companies were like this.

Last edited:
ryebread I see you lurking you know you want to be the one to test this driver. You should find some way to get a demo of the driver from Tour Edge and try it out for a few weeks. I bet the Tour Edge rep in your area would be happy to do this if he knew it was going on a website which could generate interest and sales. He might want to be present when you test it but that could be good also and I would think a few test sessions would be enough to get some good reviews. Just my two cents.

Tour Edge is a very good company with very good products for all level of golfers and price ranges, wish more companies were like this.

majBC: I really like Tour Edge as well. They're a very solid company who stands behind their products with a virtually unmatched warranty. All of their Exotics lines have really performed (including their putters). Everyone who I've personally met who has played their Exotics lines typically have nothing but good things to say.

I will admit that I am lurking on the XRail Offset driver. It is the only driver that I could see possibly kicking the Amp Offset out of the bag. I just have a feeling that I might be a little better off with the stock shaft offerings of the Xrail. I'm the hack that is squarely the target market for this particular offering. ;-)

A driver fitting and custom shaft could dial either of them in equally, but I'm probably not going to invest the time and effort to do so. Also, my swing seemingly varies so much from day to day that what might be perfect on one day may not always port over. Stock shafts targeting that middle 50% seem to work the best for me.

Thread resurrection. Played at ir13's club this weekend and they had a Tour Edge demo there. Tried the Exotics XRail 4 Wood. It got the ball up in the air pretty easily from off the deck. Was carrying pretty well too. I gamed my 5 wood decently yesterday too, so not sure if the XRail will kick out the Mashie but it tempted me into ponder mode to figure out if ~$125 was worth that little extra distance.

duece: I've owned both the Mashie FWs and the Trilogy (Xrail). The Trilogy/Xrail are shallower, longer front to back and have more weight low and back. I think they're a lot better from the deck. I think the Mashie (and particularly the F3) is better off of the tee.

Glad this thread came back up. I've been pondering an easy to hit low lofted hybrid. I'll need to check out the Trilogy to see if there is an option that I like.

duece: I've owned both the Mashie FWs and the Trilogy (Xrail). The Trilogy/Xrail are shallower, longer front to back and have more weight low and back. I think they're a lot better from the deck. I think the Mashie (and particularly the F3) is better off of the tee.
I own the F5 and the TF3 (13.5*). I have never hit them off the tee (I only get about 220-230 on great shots with my driver which is already 12*). I can hit the F5 off the deck with typically a low to mid ball flight, and I can't hit the TF3 from anywhere. Part of that was before I took lessons but with only 1.5* between my driver and TF3, the TF3 will probably stay in my closet or get sold off. I may look on eBay to see if I can get it for even cheaper than a used demo from a golf club as the club I need will (with my game at this stage) more than likely be an "off the deck" club.

I own the F5 and the TF3 (13.5*). I have never hit them off the tee (I only get about 220-230 on great shots with my driver which is already 12*). I can hit the F5 off the deck with typically a low to mid ball flight, and I can't hit the TF3 from anywhere. Part of that was before I took lessons but with only 1.5* between my driver and TF3, the TF3 will probably stay in my closet or get sold off. I may look on eBay to see if I can get it for even cheaper than a used demo from a golf club as the club I need will (with my game at this stage) more than likely be an "off the deck" club.

We have a similar swing speed. I owned the TF3 and F3. I could never hit the TF3 from the deck. About 1 times out of 4, I'd hit the F3 well from the deck. The rest were spotty.

The Trilogy/Xrail is way easier. My success rate with all the Trilogy's was up over 75% shots that were good. The only real exception was the strong 3 (13 degree). Even with the extra shaft kick and all that weight low and back, it was a tee only club. It was a bomber though.

The same thing applied to the hybrids. I liked the Trilogy hybrids much better than I did the Mashies. They were point and shoot, regardless of lie.

Hey Deuce maybe you could help me

I am currently piecing together a set for a beginner cousin. Trying to keep it on a budget as well.

I got a TEE X-Rail 16.5* 4 wood. And then Cobra Amp Cell irons 5-GW, which I bent 1* weak so the 5 iron is now 25* instead of 24*

I was looking at the Adams New Idea hybrid in 22* of loft. I hit it at the local shop and it felt nice. It's hard for me to test because I am normally an X-flex player in all my clubs so I'm trying to dial back to simulate a slower speed but that's obviously hard to get spot on consistently.

But I also saw the matching TEE X-Rail hybrid can be had very cheap online. However this this is 23*. I felt like 22* might fit the gap a bit better between the 4 wood and 5 iron. I won't have an opportunity to hit this tho

So I wanted to ask, how do these clubs compare? Not sure you've hit the x rail hybrid but maybe the trilogy which I presume would be similar? How do they stack up in distance and forgiveness/playability? Would the 23* TEE be just as long as the 22* Adams? Thank you

Hey Deuce maybe you could help me

I am currently piecing together a set for a beginner cousin. Trying to keep it on a budget as well.

I got a TEE X-Rail 16.5* 4 wood. And then Cobra Amp Cell irons 5-GW, which I bent 1* weak so the 5 iron is now 25* instead of 24*

I was looking at the Adams New Idea hybrid in 22* of loft. I hit it at the local shop and it felt nice. It's hard for me to test because I am normally an X-flex player in all my clubs so I'm trying to dial back to simulate a slower speed but that's obviously hard to get spot on consistently.

But I also saw the matching TEE X-Rail hybrid can be had very cheap online. However this this is 23*. I felt like 22* might fit the gap a bit better between the 4 wood and 5 iron. I won't have an opportunity to hit this tho

So I wanted to ask, how do these clubs compare? Not sure you've hit the x rail hybrid but maybe the trilogy which I presume would be similar? How do they stack up in distance and forgiveness/playability? Would the 23* TEE be just as long as the 22* Adams? Thank you

Not deuce, but I do have the X Rail 4 wood in my bag. IMHO in that slot one degree isn't going to make much of a difference. Plus the ability of the X Rail to get the ball airborne from just about any lie is a big plus, especially for a new player who is likely going to spend a lot of time in the taller stuff. Finally, there is something to be said for continuity of "look and feel" from one club to the next. If he can hit the 4 Wood well that will likely inspire confidence with the hybrid, and vice versa.

The X Rails are great sticks. Maybe TEE will bring back another incarnation one of these days.

The hybrids are bombers. I own a monitor and have put a lot of hybrids on there. Against specs (shaft length and marked loft), the Trilogy/Xrail are the longest I have personally seen. They play more like most OEM's lines spec'd at a 3 (so around 21 degrees and another 1/2 an inch shaft). I see it again and again across sessions.

I can't really explain it, but another THPer has seen the same thing in some of his testing. They're high launching and surprisingly low spinning.

The only thing I've seen that can touch them against specs are the Adams XTD Ti hybrids (max COR). I personally think the Trilogy/Xrails are much easier to launch and are more versatile.

The hybrids are bombers. I own a monitor and have put a lot of hybrids on there. Against specs (shaft length and marked loft), the Trilogy/Xrail are the longest I have personally seen. They play more like most OEM's lines spec'd at a 3 (so around 21 degrees and another 1/2 an inch shaft). I see it again and again across sessions.

I can't really explain it, but another THPer has seen the same thing in some of his testing. They're high launching and surprisingly low spinning.

The only thing I've seen that can touch them against specs are the Adams XTD Ti hybrids (max COR). I personally think the Trilogy/Xrails are much easier to launch and are more versatile.

Perfect! Thanks

Perfect! Thanks

No problem. I honestly think that if you want a hybrid that sets up more like a mini-FW, this is about the best one on the market. There are some smaller ones that set up more like utility irons that present a different look.

The more I played the Trilogy/XRail line, the more I felt the hybrid was the gem of the line. The FWs were really good -- high launching and versatile from lies -- but the hybrids paired that with some ridiculous length. Sometimes they were so long that they wrecked the gaps with the FWs in the same line in a way that specs wouldn't have suggested.

I have been playing the trilogy/xrail 3 hy. for 5 yrs or so it's my 200-210 club what kinds of distances have you been getting

I have been playing the trilogy/xrail 3 hy. for 5 yrs or so it's my 200-210 club what kinds of distances have you been getting

I'm not as long as you. My Trilogy/Xrail 3H was about 185. For reference though, that's normally about what I hit a 2 hybrid spec (couple of degrees stronger in loft and longer shaft).

I've been gaming the Trilogy 3, 4 and 5 hybrids for about 3 seasons now. The 5 gets me around 167 ish. The 4h 175 and the 3h low 180's. If I can get a bounce and roll can squeeze the 3h around 190 but I'd need s really good strike.

Very underrated, overlooked line.

Never had as much luck with the Trilogy Fairways. Owned them all. 3, 4, 5 and 7 woods. None worked out.

Paired my 4 & 7 Trilogy FW with Graffalloy ProLaunch Blue shafts. Has turned out to be a good mating for me, especially as a low ball hitter. Great options off the tee too.

Paired my 4 & 7 Trilogy FW with Graffalloy ProLaunch Blue shafts. Has turned out to be a good mating for me, especially as a low ball hitter. Great options off the tee too.

Nice combo. I never considered a shaft change since I really liked the GD shaft in the hybrids. But the fairways were all over the map. One shot would be a perfect baby draw. Next shot a slice, next shot a wicked draw. By no means do I have a dialed swing but usually I see more consistent results from a club. Normally I use all R flex shafts but had the best luck with the 3w which was a stock stiff. Maybe their shaft was a little weak to flex.

Nice combo. I never considered a shaft change since I really liked the GD shaft in the hybrids. But the fairways were all over the map. One shot would be a perfect baby draw. Next shot a slice, next shot a wicked draw. By no means do I have a dialed swing but usually I see more consistent results from a club. Normally I use all R flex shafts but had the best luck with the 3w which was a stock stiff. Maybe their shaft was a little weak to flex.

I typically love the GD shafts as well. TEE really does a good job IMO of pairing their clubs with top notch shafts. The reason I switched is because I bought my Trilogy 4W on eBay for $4 (yea, four dollars) as a ladies flex (men's club goes for much more). Then I switched my 7W to match shafts with the 4.

Currently they have X rail hybrids at RBG for $30. Great deal for a very good club

Currently they have X rail hybrids at RBG for $30. Great deal for a very good club
Nice heads up. Actually they are $25 but no R flexes left. I would have bought some in case I ever want to replace my Trilogies down the road.
Bummer

Back