Round 3 of the FedEx Cup: BMW Championship (spoilers)

Jeez you shoot 6 under in the first round and you are 4 shots back, the field better hope Jason cools off a little.

I think this what they were talking about when they said the flood gates were going to open for JDay once he got his first major??

I absolutely LOVE watching J Day light up the golf course. Just dominant.

It looks like day is playing a differnt course then the rest of the field

There is no cut this week, right?

I'd love to see Tony Finau make a push.

So Speith will actually get to play this weekend?

I use to think no one could touch Rory when he's playing at his best, but I really think now that Day has broken through with the Major that he could be one. If both of those two are playing at their peak, then that will be fun to watch. I still don't think Spieth can touch Rory when Rory is 100% on (which is very spotty), but Day actually might be able to.

Don't worry, Rory. The wet ground gets me on those shots too.

I use to think no one could touch Rory when he's playing at his best, but I really think now that Day has broken through with the Major that he could be one. If both of those two are playing at their peak, then that will be fun to watch. I still don't think Spieth can touch Rory when Rory is 100% on (which is very spotty), but Day actually might be able to.
I disagree. Spieth at 100% can compete with anyone.

I disagree. Spieth at 100% can compete with anyone.

That's fine to disagree. I just know that Spieth's best performance this year (The Master's) he was almost caught at one point in the final round by 2 other players. Won the US open from DJ collapsing, and his other 2 wins came from Playoffs I believe. Go back and watch Rory from the 2012 PGA Championship and tell me Spieth at 100% could have played with him. I just don't see it. Heck Spieth couldn't even keep up with Day at this years PGA Championship when they were both playing well. Not saying Spieth isn't one of the greatest in the game right now at all, he definitely is and is arguably the best in the world. I think he's one of the most consistent players on tour right now, but him at 100% vs. Rory or Day at 100%, and he's not winning that match up IMO. The problem with Rory is, is that he's usually only 100% or close for a couple tournaments a year. If Rory was 100% for an entire season, he'd dominate like Tiger did.

I know what you are saying, Rory's ceiling seems higher. But I also think it's a bit generous to imply he'd dominate like Tiger if he was just healthier. He fights his swing and putter too much to make that claim, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you are saying, Rory's ceiling seems higher. But I also think it's a bit generous to imply he'd dominate like Tiger if he was just healthier. He fights his swing and putter too much to make that claim, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh not saying 100% as in healthy at all. I mean 100% of playing like he's capable of. Which is extremely hard to do if not impossible to do all the time. being healthy or not has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

Jason Day now at -15.

If he wins this weekend does he even need to play next weekend to clinch the Cup?

Horschel's. pants.

That is all.

Jason Day now at -15.

If he wins this weekend does he even need to play next weekend to clinch the Cup?

The way it's set up, yes. Anyone in the top 5 can win the Fedex cup if they win the tour championship.

So Day can win 2 of the four events and still lose the Cup? That's kinda dumb.

Yes, and kind of agree. Someone could win all 3 of the first events and still lose the Fedex Cup if someone else in the top 5 wins the tour championship.

Day is unreal right now. Seems like he can't miss.

Day showing he's a strong contender for player of the year imo if he wins this

The eight players on my fantasy team are a combined -41 in their rounds today so far. I like that.

Brendon Todd with the hole out, this has been a fun tournament to watch.

I think Koepka gets most improved. Followed yesterday's 75 with a 65 today. That guy makes so many birdies and then Clemsons himself.

Back