First round of the year tips

hjimzaf

I beat the Razr Challenge
Reaction score
Handicap
What are your tips for that first round of the year? Headed out tomorrow for the first time since last October.

If you can I would hit a bucket of balls just to get the feel back, hit the putting green and most of all have fun and enjoy the round!!

Make sure to post in the first hole of the year thread and the first course of 2016 thread!

Puyallup?? There's a whole mess of us PNW golfers in the area that play year round. Come out and join us so there is no "first round"

To your question, don't keep score, just have fun.

Don't play the tips? ;)

Puyallup?? There's a whole mess of us PNW golfers in the area that play year round. Come out and join us so there is no "first round"

Don't keep score?

Don't keep score?
Sure. If it's the first time out after a long break maybe you just want to get back in the swing of things without the pressure of tallying it up. Have fun.

Sure. If it's the first time out after a long break maybe you just want to get back in the swing of things without the pressure of tallying it up. Have fun.

I can't do that! Even if it's 98 (which it was).

Take more club than you think you need.
Prepare for 2 and 3 putts.
Have Fun No Matter The Score
Don't freak out if you hit some bad shots.

My only advice would be to have zero expectations going in and just reconnect with the game. If you play well, GREAT! If you struggle a little bit, GREAT!

First round by choice. I'm a fair weather golfer. No rain, no extreme cold. Originally from Southern California. My buddies give me **** about it all the time, but a wet and/or cold round is not fun to me.

Where are you playing? I'm playing tomorrow, unless something goes completely wrong. Probably at Lake Spanaway.

1) make sure your range finder battery is replaced.

2) be prepared to hit a "breakfast ball" or "lunch ball"

3) remember it's only golf

4) first round? tee it forward

5) if you get tired after 9, go home.

Yes it's supposed to be 70 tomorrow but bring a jacket.

Don't forget - WINTER RULES!!!!

Accept that you may have a few bugs to work out. As stated, have fun. Enjoy the round.

Where are you playing? I'm playing tomorrow, unless something goes completely wrong. Probably at Lake Spanaway.

1) make sure your range finder battery is replaced.

2) be prepared to hit a "breakfast ball" or "lunch ball"

3) remember it's only golf

4) first round? tee it forward

5) if you get tired after 9, go home.

Yes it's supposed to be 70 tomorrow but bring a jacket.

Don't forget - WINTER RULES!!!!
Druids Glen

Beer and breakfast ball.

Just play. Have fun. Do some stretching before the round. Never mind the score.

Don't keep score!

I would say go out without any expectations and just see how it goes and don't get upset by bad shots as they are bound to happen

Most of all, have fun

This will also be me on Sunday, playing my first full round of the year as I am not counting the couple of 9 played on our short practice course

I would say go out without any expectations and just see how it goes and don't get upset by bad shots as they are bound to happen

Most of all, have fun

This will also be me on Sunday, playing my first full round of the year as I am not counting the couple of 9 played on our short practice course

This is basically all there is. I mean just go and play. Why does there really have to be any tips? or specific "do's" and "don't do's" at all? Where to play from, how to play it, score, no score. I mean really why? Your a 14 cap so you know how to play and what to do and who you are golf wise. This isn't your first clam bake. Just go and play. Not trying to sound hard here towards you or anyone as that is not my intent but my first round of the year is just like any other. Its like how some people often approach a first hole of the day with some sort of different mindset than the rest. To me its all the same. Just do what you do and that's it. The success may be a bit rusty but so what imo just play through it. Have fun and enjoy :)

This is basically all there is. I mean just go and play. Why does there really have to be any tips? or specific "do's" and "don't do's" at all? Where to play from, how to play it, score, no score. I mean really why? Your a 14 cap so you know how to play and what to do and who you are golf wise. This isn't your first clam bake. Just go and play. Not trying to sound hard here towards you or anyone as that is not my intent but my first round of the year is just like any other. Its like how some people often approach a first hole of the day with some sort of different mindset than the rest. To me its all the same. Just do what you do and that's it. The success may be a bit rusty but so what imo just play through it. Have fun and enjoy :)
I agree. I don't get the don't keep score advice either. That's like people who say they have never scored a hole in the teens but they always pick up at double par.

Stretch well and have fun!

Eat a quality breakfast.

Just remember to have fun. It's early in the year, there will be rust. Don't get upset and just enjoy being out on a course and not stuck inside

Back