Lamkin R.E.L Ace vs Pure Pro

miparman

Reaction score
Handicap
Getting ready to re-grip for 2016 and after playing Lamkin R.E.L Aces for a few years am contemplating a switch. I'm interested in the Pure Pro line. On the Pure website it lists the Pro as being "firm".
If anyone has played both how much "firmer" (is that a word?) is the Pure vs the Lamkin?

FWIW i am testing out the Pure DST grips this off season on some clubs and based on my experience i will likely do the whole set. The DST is very firm, but i do not have any wraps underneath the grip...just bare steel and graphite. What i mean by firm is that the feel is close to my golf pride MCC grips...and very far away from the Winn dri-tacs i was playing early last year.

As an aside just message them for a coupon code. My buddy did this and they sent them a 50% off coupon code.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't really compare them to Lamkin R.E.L Aces but I also switched from Golf Pride Decade MCC to Pure Pro grips and would rate the firmness similar. I like the grip and tackiness of the Pure grips much more than the GP. My scale for ultimate grip firmness would be the old school Tour Velvet Cord grips of the 80's/90's. Pure Pro are definitely a step or so below that.

Thanks for the replies

Back