Srixon Z 355 Driver and Metal Woods Preview

Very Srixon and that's a huge compliment.

I never connected with the 545 series of woods for some reason, so a more forgiving (and still looking badass) model that this is has me pretty pumped to give them some swings.

Really like the looks of these and the 7W has me intrigued.

5 wood could happen for this guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the 10.5* head I tried out to be the same. Great looking club, but didn't fit my swing as my miss is left to right. I am definitely interest in this line though.

Yeah, I've gone from hitting big banana slices to having my bell move a bit more R-L than I'd like after changing club path (trying to meet in the middle right now). But going back to the 545 has been a bit of a godsend in terms of keeping the ball on this planet for me.

I really am looking forward to the fairways in this line.

A 5 wood in this is all but purchased here.

Should have the 355 driver in hand next week, will be fun to put it through its paces in review. I know many are really curious about this line of metalwoods.

Should have the 355 driver in hand next week, will be fun to put it through its paces in review. I know many are really curious about this line of metalwoods.

Can't wait my man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This driver sounds pretty similar to the 2014 Nike Covert 2.0. Heavy head with counterbalance Kuro Kage shaft.

Driver: Nike Covert 2.0 12.5 degrees
Fairway: Callaway X2Hot 4 Wood
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot 5 & 6
Irons: Taylormade Rocketbladez 8,9,P
Wedges: 52 Mizuno, 56 rtx, 58 smart sole, 64 rtx
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR 33

Me me me me

Haha, I immediately thought of you when I found out it was headed this way.
This and the 355 irons im all over your guys thoughts on these as they are both extremely intriguing

This and the 355 irons im all over your guys thoughts on these as they are both extremely intriguing
I'll be honest, reading the name Miyazaki in the info has me really eager to get to work.

I'll be honest, reading the name Miyazaki in the info has me really eager to get to work.
Was just talking to someone monday about some of the epic miyazaki/cleveland pairings ive loved in the past

I took a 10.5 R flex from our rental set out to the range this afternoon for about 40 balls. At first it seemed automatic straight and a good ball flight. Then I put a few lazy swings on it and got the expected bad results. not too much loss of distance but a big push slice and a couple pull hooks. But overall it is a solid driver. It's about a half inch shorter than my current gamer (Nike Fly) and that was noticeable to me at setup being 6'5" I'm guessing that plays into the high balance point of the shaft. I did not notice any of the massive distance gains that it is supposed to provide according to the press release.

I agree with comments JMan made in his initial review, I would call it a mid launch and fairly low spin head. All these are a bit surprising to me as I believe the 355 line is supposed to be Srixon's GI or even SGI line. I'll give it another run or two and maybe even an on course trial to see how does in real world conditions.

I took a 10.5 R flex from our rental set out to the range this afternoon for about 40 balls. At first it seemed automatic straight and a good ball flight. Then I put a few lazy swings on it and got the expected bad results. not too much loss of distance but a big push slice and a couple pull hooks. But overall it is a solid driver. It's about a half inch shorter than my current gamer (Nike Fly) and that was noticeable to me at setup being 6'5" I'm guessing that plays into the high balance point of the shaft. I did not notice any of the massive distance gains that it is supposed to provide according to the press release.

I agree with comments JMan made in his initial review, I would call it a mid launch and fairly low spin head. All these are a bit surprising to me as I believe the 355 line is supposed to be Srixon's GI or even SGI line. I'll give it another run or two and maybe even an on course trial to see how does in real world conditions.
I liked the 10.5 bit absolutely loved the 12* i hit on Sunday

I liked the 10.5 bit absolutely loved the 12* i hit on Sunday
I'm with You MD, I've become a 12 degreer myself...Ha I would have liked a bit more loft. It looks like it only adjust L-R-N. I suppose adjusting to L would have added more loft, but I didn't look around for a wrench.

A very solid driver that can easily be gamed by different swing speeds and different hdcp. Talked with some of the guys during the round as we hit it and it was one of several point and shoot drivers that was easy to hit high and relatively far

Back